• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know if I'm strong enough to resist whatever spoilers are going to come out for Dread
$$$-----.png
I thought we at least have to wait the 4-5th of October before the Age of Spoiler start.

D

Deleted member

I don't even know what to think of new Smash Bros fighters anymore.

From this FP besides maybe Sephiroth and Steve, they have all been cool choices but not stuff I was heavily invested with.
Maybe if the last fighter does click into the nostalgia value as Hero did in FP1 I would be at least genuiely excited, but idk I am indifferent to who they add.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
ATTENTION ALL METROID DREAD GAMERS

Microsoft Edge and Chrome have YT Channel blocker add-ons! U-Block origin is an ad and element blocker, but there's also one called "Channel Blocker" which specifically aims at blocking YT channels. I'm trying it out for the first time myself now, but if people want to try it to to be extra safe, this is probably your best bet.

D

Deleted member

I don't even know what to think of new Smash Bros fighters anymore.

From this FP besides maybe Sephiroth and Steve, they have all been cool choices but not stuff I was heavily invested with.
Maybe if the last fighter does click into the nostalgia value as Hero did in FP1 I would be at least genuiely excited, but idk I am indifferent to who they add.
Same tbh.

The only character that would have even remotely been on my most wants list at one point or another was Steve, and even then that would have been a long shot to include him.

Idk, it’s probably just because I have **** taste in games.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Seamus needs your help!

Is she is to defeat the evil robots known as EMMA WATSON, you have to give her your credit card number. The expiration date, and the three wacky numbers on the back.

Hurry! She doesn’t have much time!
send those to me too

I'm, uh

her assistant

yeah

She's a busy lady, doin' all that space murder and stuff, so I take her calls and all that

I am a trustworthy source you can give your important information to, honest. :140:

D

Deleted member

Same tbh.

The only character that would have even remotely been on my most wants list at one point or another was Steve, and even then that would have been a long shot to include him.

Idk, it’s probably just because I have **** taste in games.
Right now some characters who I would love to see for the last fighter are Pauline, Alex Kidd, Isaac Clarke, Kratos or maybe even a GTA character.

Any of those would have me like this:
Screenshot_20210906-011401_YouTube.jpg

Noipoi

Howdy!
There are obviously characters I’d like to see, but I really just want it to be something generally cool. Something most people can look at and say “yeah, that’s cool.” It doesn’t have to be this huge giant thing, just something cool.

Or Cinderace.

For Spiteful reasons :nifty:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The main reason I kinda of doubt it’s a Pokémon is the time length.

It’s on par with Steve, Terry’s, etc. the more complex characters have longer presentations.

Which if it’s a Pokémon how would Sakurai genuinely spend 40 minutes on a Pokémon the has no gimmick and a simple moveset, especially cinderace.

I don’t see Sakurai giving us a 20 minute breakdown of what Pokémon; The largest multi media franchise is and why it’s popular.

So I can’t see how they fill the presentation, even if there’s like one send off trailer, I can’t see how they spend that much time.

Could be wrong, but this Still doesn’t rule out Pokémon completely.

D

Deleted member

Can I confess something?

the main reason I like the idea of Cinderace in smash is because it’s a furry bait pokemon
😙
👉👈

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Came up with a NASB moveset for Ember if anyone’s interested:
Entrance Animation: Appears in a puff of purple smoke

Gimmick: like April, certain attacks will generate chant power that she can spend on powering other attacks

Light Attack: Shred - uses sound waves from playing her guitar to create a rapid jab
Light Up Attack: Guitar Pick - throws her hand in the air with her pick and strums her guitar (generates chant power)
Light Down Attack: Bassline - crouches and swings her guitar around
Light Air Attack: One Hit Wonder - upwards swing of her guitar
Light Up Air Attack: High C - performs a backflip kick
Light Down Air Attack: Axe Chop - downward slash of her guitar between her legs.
Light Dash Attack: Power Slide - slides across the slide on her knees jamming out (generates chant power)

Strong Attack: Skull Beam - fires a beam attack similar in range to Danny’s
Strong Up Attack: Say My Name - Creates a fiery burst with her flaming ponytail (powered up by chant power)
Strong Down Attack: Power Chord - strums her guitar which fires an explosive downwards blast
Strong Air Attack: Love Spell - short range fan shaped blast of hearts
Strong Up Air Attack: Aerial Say My Name
Strong Down Air Attack: Flame Attack - a quick downward burst of red flames
Strong Dash Attack: Axe Dive - leaps forward and slams the ground with her guitar

Neutral Special: Punch Beam - fires a fist-shaped energy beam (powered up by chant power)
Up Special: Dread Zeppelin - rides her guitar like a hover board at a diagonal angle
Down Special: Hypnotizing Spell - A spell that spirals out and disables opponents, similar range to Ghostly Wail, no damage

Idle: puts a hand to her ear like she’s listening to her cheers
Taunt: channels Gene Simmons and shreds with her tongue out
Victory Animation: jams out with her ponytail growing high
Losing Animation: her flaming ponytail goes out, lies on her side in agony twitching her eye

Noipoi

Howdy!
Came up with a NASB moveset for Ember if anyone’s interested:
Entrance Animation: Appears in a puff of purple smoke

Gimmick: like April, certain attacks will generate chant power that she can spend on powering other attacks

Light Attack: Shred - uses sound waves from playing her guitar to create a rapid jab
Light Up Attack: Guitar Pick - throws her hand in the air with her pick and strums her guitar (generates chant power)
Light Down Attack: Bassline - crouches and swings her guitar around
Light Air Attack: One Hit Wonder - upwards swing of her guitar
Light Up Air Attack: High C - performs a backflip kick
Light Down Air Attack: Axe Chop - downward slash of her guitar between her legs.
Light Dash Attack: Power Slide - slides across the slide on her knees jamming out (generates chant power)

Strong Attack: Skull Beam - fires a beam attack similar in range to Danny’s
Strong Up Attack: Say My Name - Creates a fiery burst with her flaming ponytail (powered up by chant power)
Strong Down Attack: Power Chord - strums her guitar which fires an explosive downwards blast
Strong Air Attack: Love Spell - short range fan shaped blast of hearts
Strong Up Air Attack: Aerial Say My Name
Strong Down Air Attack: Flame Attack - a quick downward burst of red flames
Strong Dash Attack: Axe Dive - leaps forward and slams the ground with her guitar

Neutral Special: Punch Beam - fires a fist-shaped energy beam (powered up by chant power)
Up Special: Dread Zeppelin - rides her guitar like a hover board at a diagonal angle
Down Special: Hypnotizing Spell - A spell that spirals out and disables opponents, similar range to Ghostly Wail, no damage

Idle: puts a hand to her ear like she’s listening to her cheers
Taunt: channels Gene Simmons and shreds with her tongue out
Victory Animation: jams out with her ponytail growing high
Losing Animation: her flaming ponytail goes out, lies on her side in agony twitching her eye
Dread Zeppelin
06CB01BC-BC1D-44B1-BC3A-F1820CF1B2CD.png

D

Deleted member

For any Mario Kart players, would you want the coin mechanic to return in the next installment (or port, I guess), or for it to be removed entirely?
It’s a pretty good mechanic, but I wouldn’t mind it going away either. The benefits you get from gathering coins are minimal at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Before I go to sleep, gotta give a shout-out to this piece of music.
Even though I haven't finished a single DKC game (I did play alot of them, just never to completion), I gotta give my respect to tracks like this that goes above & beyond in term of atmosphere & the like, it's really magical.

Here's hope all of you DK fans get your part of the cake too once Metroid is on the right track again. These two series shouldn't be rival imo.

All that said, take care folks!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Before I go to sleep, gotta give a shout-out to this piece of music.
Even though I haven't finished a single DKC game (I did play alot of them, just never to completion), I gotta give my respect to tracks like this that goes above & beyond in term of atmosphere & the like, it's really magical.

Here's hope all of you DK fans get your part of the cake too once Metroid is on the right track again. These two series shouldn't be rival imo.

All that said, take care folks!
E44F98EC-49A4-445C-A722-02228ECD0150.jpeg

Don’t worry about us bro.

2022 is monkey time. Definitely.

maybe

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The main reason I kinda of doubt it’s a Pokémon is the time length.

It’s on par with Steve, Terry’s, etc. the more complex characters have longer presentations.

Which if it’s a Pokémon how would Sakurai genuinely spend 40 minutes on a Pokémon the has no gimmick and a simple moveset, especially cinderace.

I don’t see Sakurai giving us a 20 minute breakdown of what Pokémon; The largest multi media franchise is and why it’s popular.

So I can’t see how they fill the presentation, even if there’s like one send off trailer, I can’t see how they spend that much time.

Could be wrong, but this Still doesn’t rule out Pokémon completely.
Maybe part of the presentation is just a final farewell to the game as a whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom