• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The final Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC character announcement trailer.

It opens by Sakurai in his studio. He gives me a brief rundown of the DLC characters we got so far and then moves to the Smash games' history. He lingers on Melee and jokes that the final fighter will be from a game that Melee fans will be quite familiar with.

As he continues speaking, fans feverishly speculate about who it might be. A long-term fan request like Geno? Another GameCube classic character like Chibi-Robo? A character considered for Melee like Takamaru?

After a long and painful wait, Sakurai leaves us with the cinematic trailer. And the character that will conclude Ultimate's long lifespan is revealed to be from Under Night In-Birth.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not really, no.

Why are you asking? :drshrug:
I’m holding a grudge really deep within me. From far back enough in my childhood that I forget I’m holding it. But any time this person even touches the periphery of my mind I zero in on them and go full Red Lantern. This person has also never met me in real life and has probably already forgotten about me. But I never will.

osby

Smash Obsessed
How do you stop? Cause like… right now I only feel any relief when I imagine ruining this person’s life. And that’s probably not a good place to be in mentally.
I try to isolate myself from anything that might remind me of them and bury myself in mentally tasking activities to stop my mind from wandering off.

That or just listen to edgy 2000s music until I forget what I was angry about in the first place.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The final Super Smash Bros Ultimate DLC character announcement trailer.

It opens by Sakurai in his studio. He gives me a brief rundown of the DLC characters we got so far and then moves to the Smash games' history. He lingers on Melee and jokes that the final fighter will be from a game that Melee fans will be quite familiar with.

As he continues speaking, fans feverishly speculate about who it might be. A long-term fan request like Geno? Another GameCube classic character like Chibi-Robo? A character considered for Melee like Takamaru?

After a long and painful wait, Sakurai leaves us with the cinematic trailer. And the character that will conclude Ultimate's long lifespan is revealed to be from Under Night In-Birth.
The time has come

And so have I

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think Sonic Colors Ultimate is doing well, or at least better than expected. Some may have scored it low due to Sonic Not being respected by critics for, well, obvious reasons.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was really hoping his moveset would be primarily based off of Battle for Bikini Bottom. Oh well.
instead you get references to multiple different episodes

and they’re teasing the possibility in air grabs for characters

Just a penguin

Smash Master
SpongeBob moveset revealed officially
Regarding Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, what is it really trying to be?

A game that little kids get for Christmas?
An actual complex fighting game?

I guess it’s just a game where you play what is functionally Smash Bros but with cartoon characters.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I like that this game's control scheme is subtly quite different from Smash and a little closer to some classic 2d fighters.
That said, no side attacks is a little weird. Even traditional fighters tend to have forward momentum attacks/projectiles with 6X, 236X, or 214X.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ok, this is cool
View attachment 328657
Turns out majority of these are actually taken from very specific frames/moments of the show

Sauce
You also got the prom dance reference with Spongebob committing the his splits from “doing the sponge dance”
Regarding Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, what is it really trying to be?

A game that little kids get for Christmas?
An actual complex fighting game?

I guess it’s just a game where you play what is functionally Smash Bros but with cartoon characters.
it’s everything and more
I guess that's better. I'm not really a Spongebob fan so I didn't recognize it.
by the time your life ends, you’ll be a sponge supporter…he always has a way to control us all

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Do any of you ever hold grudges?
Yeah. I know it's not healthy but there's a bunch of people I used to be friends with until some things happened that I'll never forgive. Though it's mutual, and I hope I'll never have to talk to them ever again.
Also my sister who refuses to grow up and yells at everyone whenever she is rightly called out on her bull****

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You also got the prom dance reference with Spongebob committing the his splits from “doing the sponge dance”

it’s everything and more

by the time your life ends, you’ll be a sponge supporter…he always has a way to control us all
I mean. I don’t hate him. It’s just not the most amazing this I’ve ever seen.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So I’m working on the next part of the heist, and I realize I have to cut a chunk of the fight scene out.

Why?

Because there’s a certain joke that, no matter how chill we are, you guys would never let me live down :yeahboi:
What's the joke then?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You ever work on a project long enough, look back at a previous version of that project, and then are like: "....what I was thinking back then?"

That's me in a nutshell after putting those two bad boyz together.
Sulesse old & neww.png

It's crazy I tell ya.
So I’m working on the next part of the heist, and I realize I have to cut a chunk of the fight scene out.

Why?

Because there’s a certain joke that, no matter how chill we are, you guys would never let me live down :yeahboi:
You can't just say that and not tell the joke!

We will keep it under secret, we promises. : )

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I’m holding a grudge really deep within me. From far back enough in my childhood that I forget I’m holding it. But any time this person even touches the periphery of my mind I zero in on them and go full Red Lantern. This person has also never met me in real life and has probably already forgotten about me. But I never will.
For me its always been about empathy. I hate imagining other people in pain because I hate the feeling of pain myself...even if I really don't like the person themself. It's the same thing with fear, anger and other emotions I can't stand.

It's actually to the point where it's a bit of a problem for me. Maybe I'm hyperempathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom