• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Since the holidays are approaching I wanted to ask everyone a question.

For when Darkstalkers hopefully makes its return, what new characters would you like to see based on mythical creatures/beings and cryptids (What I think the series should start adding to expand more into its setting and lore) given Sasquatch's introduction.

Also, what do you guys think their take on Krampus would be? In terms of design especially? Them adding their version and incarnation of the character is a must given its setting.

Here's mine.

Cryptids:
Chupacabra (Mexico)
Mapinguari (Brazil)
Jersey Devil
Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp
Mothman
Yowie (Australia)

Mythical beings/creatures:
Any Greek mythology creature
Aswang (Philippines)
Dullahan (Ireland)
Krampus
Kushtaka (Alaska)
Shark-based character (Polynesia)
Troll (Scandinavia)
Wendigo (Canada)
I've never played a Darkstalkers game but...
Kappa
Owlman
Hopkinsville Goblin
Akhlut
Loveland Frogman
Pukwudgie
The Rake
Ningen
Ahool
Siyokoy

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now that you mentioned it. Could use a four-legged character. Kind of like Amaterasu in the Marvel vs. Capcom games.

That and the Akhlut is among my favorite mythical creatures.

Siyokoy also reminds me of the Gill-Man from Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now that you mentioned it. Could use a four-legged character. Kind of like Amaterasu in the Marvel vs. Capcom games.

That and the Akhlut is among my favorite mythical creatures.

Siyokoy also reminds me of the Gill-Man from Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Need more four-legged fighters in fighting games in general. Its not seen all that often. Even in Pokken we got Suicune and thats it, the same game with a frikking playable chandelier...lol

I do believe the Siyokoy was the inspiration for Gill-man, if I'm not mistaken.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Need more four-legged fighters in fighting games in general. Its not seen all that often. Even in Pokken we got Suicune and thats it, the same game with a frikking playable chandelier...lol

I do believe the Siyokoy was the inspiration for Gill-man, if I'm not mistaken.
I can see why it’s not that common considering the limitations that presents

D

Deleted member

I've decided to give you a clue as to how to defeat me.
Come with me.
SAND IN THE EYE!
Ha! You'll never get my plans... Ha!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Since the holidays are approaching I wanted to ask everyone a question.

For when Darkstalkers hopefully makes its return, what new characters would you like to see based on mythical creatures/beings and cryptids (What I think the series should start adding to expand more into its setting and lore) given Sasquatch's introduction.
  • Western Dragon
  • Kelpie
  • Leprechaun
  • Cockatrice
  • Griffin
  • Winged Fairy
  • Yuki-onna
  • Oni
  • Harionago

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2021...the redemption of the 2020s
Not out of the woods yet. The virus for all we know could mutate to become deadlier making all vaccine attempts futile and going back to square one.

Also, watch that next month we get another virus leading to another pandemic, a strain of hantavirus. 2021 carries on 2020s legacy.

The rise of hantavirus.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not out of the woods yet. The virus for all we know could mutate to become deadlier making all vaccine attempts futile and going back to square one.

Also, watch that next month we get another virus leading to another pandemic, a strain of hantavirus. 2021 carries on 2020s legacy.

The rise of hantavirus.
...my comment wasn't meant to be connected to corona...just the lack of Trump and the more likely chances in us being able to watch MCU movies again...and video games I suppose

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of the akhlut. Know lately how I just recently got into speculative evolution thanks to Cryptozoologicon envision cryptids and mythical animals as real animals? Among my favorite ones I came up with was the akhlut itself.

Before settling with such. I had two other ideas in mind. The first one was a predatory pinniped with coloring and markings similar to an orca, basically the arctic equivalent to the leopard seal.

The second option was a species of semi-aquatic wolf.

Because I wanted to be fun and creative instead I went with making the Akhlut if a real animal the sole surviving species of wolf-like cetacean evolving from the same ancestors as whales but branching off into its own lineage from the archaeoceti family retaining its wolf-like features but taking a more aquatic lifestyle.

Some facts about it.

-It ranges across the arctic, Northern Canada, Alaska, Greenland, and Eurasia.
-Diet consists mostly of fish and pinnipeds, but when the opportunity arises will also take terrestrial animals like caribou ambushing them like how a crocodile would.
-On average reaches a length of 12-15 feet and weighs around 700-900 lbs. Max length being 20+ feet and the biggest recorded being close to 2000 lbs.
-Lifespan on average is 50 years, in captivity though it can live up to 80 years.
-The only other apex predator in the arctic alongside the orca, and polar bear, the latter which it competes with for food, dominance, and territory.
-It has evolved very strong claws allowing it to easily dig through the ice, such so it's capable of creating ice caves as a result within icebergs which it could settle in especially to give birth.
-Conversation Status: Vulnerable, same reason as the polar bear, due to climate change melting the ice caps.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've decided to give you a clue as to how to defeat me.
Come with me.
SAND IN THE EYE!
Ha! You'll never get my plans... Ha!
I'm so excited about my super weapon that will take over Boom Beach that I wrote a song about it!

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Those Big Rigs are clinging to the mountains like Spider-Man! They're giving gravity the middle finger! Only when you play BIG RIGS!

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

The rise of hantavirus.
it's actually more likely it mutates to be weaker. My former biology teacher explained it like this: let's say there's a very deadly virus and a relatively tame virus. The former kills it's host, so it doesn't actually get to spread. The weak one spreads a lot, because it's hosts very rarely die. The weak one slowly becomes the leading strain.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
it's actually more likely it mutates to be weaker. My former biology teacher explained it like this: let's say there's a very deadly virus and a relatively tame virus. The former kills it's host, so it doesn't actually get to spread. The weak one spreads a lot, because it's hosts very rarely die. The weak one slowly becomes the leading strain.
I certainly hope your former biology teacher is right. Not an expert on viruses but I didn't know viruses could mutate to become weaker, I thought only stronger.

I feel not as worried now.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh don’t get me started, I’d be up all night singing it’s praises
What's your top three? I'd probably say What's Up Danger (duh), Invincible, and Not Scared Of The Dark.

Those Big Rigs are clinging to the mountains like Spider-Man! They're giving gravity the middle finger! Only when you play BIG RIGS!
I just saw this episode again a couple of nights ago...haha.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Question to all of you. If you could get three wishes. What would they be?

For me it'd be.

First wish: All world problems solved. Crime, world hunger, homeless both humans and pets, environmental issues (Endangered species, pollution, destruction of the environment), racism, war, resources, corruption, etc.

Second wish: Pseudo-immortality. Everyone above 25 reverts back to that age and those below it continue aging until reaching it (Anyone and pets terminally ill is instantly cured). People are immune to all forms of death (If you die in any way you respawn like a video game) until reaching the age of 120 (I figure that's a long enough life and people probably wouldn't want to live forever). You will however lose your immortality earlier if you have children which will then be passed onto them. Dogs and cats as well until reaching one year of age remaining immortal until 120 years.

Third wish: All food becomes healthy and still tastes the same.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I think I'll try to main the following Melee characters:

:falcomelee::mariomelee::marthmelee::jigglypuffmelee::drmario::ganondorfmelee:

Might also try :falconmelee::sheikmelee::pichumelee::roymelee: if I feel like it.

Or whoever's the most fun to play lol

I haven't played this game regularly since 2017.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
You mean a clock hand?
No, not that, this:

The arrow of time, also called time's arrow, is the concept positing the "one-way direction" or "asymmetry" of time. It was developed in 1927 by the British astrophysicist Arthur Eddington, and is an unsolved general physics question. This direction, according to Eddington, could be determined by studying the organization of atoms, molecules, and bodies, and might be drawn upon a four-dimensional relativistic map of the world ("a solid block of paper").

Physical processes at the microscopic level are believed to be either entirely or mostly time-symmetric: if the direction of time were to reverse, the theoretical statements that describe them would remain true. Yet at the macroscopic level it often appears that this is not the case: there is an obvious direction (or flow) of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom