• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So how y'all doing this fine morning? Gonna be experiencing a heat wave the entire morning so gonna take it easy, tomorrow might go down to one of the conversation areas in my city to take a nice dip in the water.

Oh and The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard is finally available for me to watch so gonna be watching that this afternoon.
I went for a swim earlier today and I'm beat from just that. Swimming in the lakes really tires you out. Gonna rest until my cats ask for attention.

Tomorrow, I'll just bake some cookies and maybe watch a movie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Of all the places you also could have fought Goro. It had to be on a ******* farm.

Also! Also! The fact Cole was able to defeat kill and him yet had trouble with Mileena needing help to defeat and kill her. Despite Goro being the top champion of the Mortal Kombat tournament for 500 years!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ok...today's Owl House episode made the series get a lot more sus...oh no no no no no

D

Deleted member

rollercoaster footage is pretty cool

You’ll never see me actually riding it though :069:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The more I play Kazuya, the more I'm actually tempted to legit learn him. Dude is fun as heck to play, and this is coming from the guy who used to think the FGC characters were always boring picks, lol.

I'll happily admit I was wrong here: Kazuya was a great pick. His stage is probably one of my all time favorites now. Shame it won't be tourney legal because of the gimmick and size, but eh, is what it is.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Yo @Noipoi and Pokelego999 Pokelego999

Anyone else too if they wanna answer:

What's a rad Pokemon movie? I've only seen a few when they were on the Twitch marathons, but the latest Did You Know Movie video's got me in the mood to watch one over the long weekend. :nifty:
My personal favorite is Destiny Deoxys, though the Sinnoh Trio of movies is fantastic as well. I'd recommend going in order on those three, Rise of Darkrai followed by Giratina and the Sky Warrior and ending off with Arceus and the Jewel of Life.

Some other good ones are Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea. If you don't care about plot, then Hoopa and the Clash of Ages and Pokemon Heroes are good, not fantastic, but good if you don't care about plot.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Yeah, I'll think about it. First I'm gonna warm up to it and see whats what.

FNAFB

Props to anyone who gets it.
Freddy wants to have a night of debauchery, but to do so, he must poop on all of the cameras. Pretty awesome plot, I know.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
FNAF fans of all people having this take is wild to me.

Like, really? Y'all go through the same crud Minecraft fans have to deal with and then you fire it back at them? Really?

EDIT: Actually, what's the context here? I feel like I might be misunderstanding. Is this more "mincref baed" or is there something else goin' on?
Ignore the caption, it's just the video for context. I would link the original tweet with the vid, but it has no no words in it.

D

Deleted member

I can do some of these combos with this girl. I just need to improvise on the delayed arcade stick lag. I still wish to buy Melty Bloody. LOL.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Edited this due to not having full context of the original post.

FNAF fans of all people having this take is wild to me.

Like, really? Y'all go through the same crud Minecraft fans have to deal with and then you fire it back at them? Really?

EDIT: Actually, what's the context here? I feel like I might be misunderstanding. Is this more "mincref baed" or is there something else goin' on?
It's less "minecraft bad" and more "this channel bad". They're notorious in the community for sexualizing this character. They've done it consistently for a year minimum. Can't be bothered to actually check how long they've been doing it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's less "minecraft bad" and more "this channel bad". They're notorious in the community for sexualizing this character. They've done it consistently for a year minimum. Can't be bothered to actually check how long they've been doing it.
Wait, what?
Tbh, this isnt even all that bad
It's really not, it's animated way better than any right it has to be.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I got Lisa The Painful/Joyful, Yume Nikki & Hylics 2 today.

A pretty good mix if I say so.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wait, what?
I don't know the full history of this, but what I do know is that this channel was infamous for a certain incident that happened a while back. For people unfamiliar with FNAF, Circus Baby is a robot that is possesed by a child. As such, she has this child's mentality, that, over time, has become sinister and murdery. Basically, this channel released a song video depicting Baby with a bit of a more sexualized design. On top of adjusting the design to fit Minecraft's style, they gave the character breasts, a more seductive attitude, and some suggestive poses/camera angles. They might've done this more times, I'm not gonna check their videos for every instance of Baby appearing. Eventually people got upset about this, and the fella behind this tried to explain themselves before eventually hitting us with a "I didn't mean for it to come across that way."
Going back on what I said earlier, apparently I can be bothered to check how long this has been going on, and apparently this stuff hasn't happened on the channel as long as I recall. Earlier videos feature a much more standard design and personality for Baby. Anyway, fast forward to recently, they've released an episode of their animated series which, once again, depicts Baby as a sexy cartoon character sort of trope. Out of what I've seen, it isn't as bad as what I recall the music video being, though. Either way, people are pissed again. Honestly, this seems to be that "weird side of YouTube" sort of stuff.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't know the full history of this, but what I do know is that this channel was infamous for a certain incident that happened a while back. For people unfamiliar with FNAF, Circus Baby is a robot that is possesed by a child. As such, she has this child's mentality, that, over time, has become sinister and murdery. Basically, this channel released a song video depicting Baby with a bit of a more sexualized design. On top of adjusting the design to fit Minecraft's style, they gave the character breasts, a more seductive attitude, and some suggestive poses/camera angles. They might've done this more times, I'm not gonna check their videos for every instance of Baby appearing. Eventually people got upset about this, and the fella behind this tried to explain themselves before eventually hitting us with a "I didn't mean for it to come across that way."
Going back on what I said earlier, apparently I can be bothered to check how long this has been going on, and apparently this stuff hasn't happened on the channel as long as I recall. Earlier videos feature a much more standard design and personality for Baby. Anyway, fast forward to recently, they've released an episode of their animated series which, once again, depicts Baby as a sexy cartoon character sort of trope. Out of what I've seen, it isn't as bad as what I recall the music video being, though. Either way, people are pissed again. Honestly, this seems to be that "weird side of YouTube" sort of stuff.
Ok, I wish I stayed ignorant for that topic, but thanks for elaborating.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ok, I wish I stayed ignorant for that topic, but thanks for elaborating.
When you look at the abyss, sometime, the abyss look back.

But heey, no need to give the abyss more attention, instead let's talk about.....uhhh...

Do you know by chance a game by the name of Hylics?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think one of my most embarrassing phases was being a fan of Mr. Enter.
Yeah. I agree that the dude doesn’t deserve the overwhelming Internet hate mob. But listening to his reviews fostered some toxic beliefs in me, not just about animation but about how like… people are supposed to behave. Stuff I’ve legit had to talk to a therapist about. I’m embarrassed to admit that but it’s true. Did something happen with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom