• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ugh....

...Hah? Is E3 over? Sorry, I think I blacked out after Metroid Dread. Wait...6/22??? How long was I out!?

...And why is my desk covered in...duck feathers?
Wake the **** up, Samurai Jack.

We got a few corpses to throw off a cliff, with lava at the bottom.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"Aww, how'd you know I wanted to dual wield?"
All kings are deserving of 2 swords to protect their kingdom and other worlds after all
Chris Brown is straight proof that Cancel Culture doesn't *ing work considering he's been doing this * for years and is still getting record deals.
overall Cancel Culture is only a thing to make people feel like **** in order to get clout online. With every actual reason to cancel somebody, multiple cancel attempts are made to let more bad people get away with whatever they want…very annoying (to put it nicely) when you think about it
Ugh....

...Hah? Is E3 over? Sorry, I think I blacked out after Metroid Dread. Wait...6/22??? How long was I out!?

...And why is my desk covered in...duck feathers?
are you half McDuck?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That’s a fair point about the SNK game’s legacy. Maybe they can be seen as equals? SNK influenced more, but Tekken was more popular?

I think the lack of Mario inspired indie games is because 2D Mario is as basic as it gets, as well as everyone & their mother having played atleast one. There’s a lot more room for interesting stuff with the Mega Man & Metroid styles. I’m surprised there’s not more Sonic style indie games.
I think in the case of Sonic, you mostly have fans making Sonic fan games, rather than indie titles inspired by it. Though there is Freedom Planet and Spark the Electric Jester. Both of those I think are getting at least one other game. Not to mention, Sonic was a big contributing factor to "Scrimblos" like Bubsy, Awesome Possum, and the actually successful Crash, as they wanted strike lightning twice, so to speak.

And I think the lack of Tekken-like games, which also extends to VF, is that 3D fighting games aren't the in thing right now. Not like they were in the PS1/N64/Saturn and PS2/XBox/Gamecube/Dreamcast days.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hm? When was Sonic added to the game?
He's being added to a bunch of Sega games for his anniversary, regardless of whether or not he blends in with the setting. Case in point, here's Sonic in a Fist of the North Star mobile game, set in a post-apocalyptic Mad Max-style wasteland:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yugioh in 2000: “I set a monster face-down! I end my turn.”

Yugioh in 2021:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don’t mean to be the “gimme info now now NOW NOW NOW” guy

But I’m starting to get a lil concerned about the lack of Pokémon news.
Honestly I feel like the absolute lack of news about BDSP and the boxart revealing Palkia and Dialga won't get new forms kinda confirms that they're shot for shot remakes with basically no meaningful differences, which is immensely disappointing. At this point I'm banking on us not even getting the full Platinum Dex. :/

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly I feel like the absolute lack of news about BDSP and the boxart revealing Palkia and Dialga won't get new forms kinda confirms that they're shot for shot remakes with basically no meaningful differences, which is immensely disappointing. At this point I'm banking on us not even getting the full Platinum Dex. :/
I think we may still get the Platinum dex, but I agree that I think they’re going all in on the faithful remake thing. Which is a little lame.

But it’s Legends I really wanna know about. It’s a great concept, but I need to see more. The first trailer was admittedly kinda janky.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I don’t mean to be the “gimme info now now NOW NOW NOW” guy

But I’m starting to get a lil concerned about the lack of Pokémon news.
Hey at least Cafe Mix is updating to it's next stage this month!
Please for the love of heck add new mons, I am tired of cycling through the same **** for 5 months

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hey guys. Just popped in to say that I created a video today.
I'm actually quite new to content creating, so it would be fun to hear what people think.
Here I am playing Mario Party 2 by my lonesome self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom