• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hmmm then again regarding the Syndey/Wellington fight, they would perhaps give the city a heads-up regarding the possibility of Godzilla showing up due to Kong and so evacuation would be put in place not wanting to take the risk of lives being lost.

D

Deleted member

Welcome to another edition of making Smash Characters in MTG characters. Today I created Kirby and subsequently transformed him into the eldritch god he is. Here he is, in all his word-consuming glory:
Kirby

Next up is Fox, who will hopefully be much, much, simpler to design.
Nows the time where I get to explain what the Eldrazi and Phyrexians actually are:yeahboi:

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
Also watched Luca this afternoon.

Overall a harmless film. One that the whole family can enjoy. I admit I do feel it was a bit rush notably the beginning where Luca met Alberto, there could have been more development there.

Not to mention not enough conflict at the end, the humans were rather very easy to accept them for who they were.

Otherwise while not one of Pixar's best, it was still a good film, not great just good.
I def agree with the accepting being too fast, but at the same time, truth is this stuff is a lot more complicated in real life, and can’t truly be tackled in a 2 hour film. I’m not denying it felt rushed, but I think it was handled the best way it could.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I def agree with the accepting being too fast, but at the same time, truth is this stuff is a lot more complicated in real life, and can’t truly be tackled in a 2 hour film. I’m not denying it felt rushed, but I think it was handled the best way it could.
Well not saying it exactly had to be 2 hours but could have benefitted at least being 10-15 minutes longer at the least.

D

Deleted member

Nows the time where I get to explain what the Eldrazi and Phyrexians actually are:yeahboi:
Explaining the origins of the Phyrexians is a bit tricky, because it ties directly into so much old lore that explaining Phyrexia as a whole also requires going over The Weatherlight Saga, The Brother’s War, The Thran Empire, basically the entire lore up to 7th edition, just to understand everything.

However, to oversimplify it a bit, the Phyrexians are a death machine cult focused on worshiping Yawgmoth(a very important character in the lore who I do not have time to go over) and who travel from plane to plane, spreading literal corruption goo wherever they go and “compleating” everything to perfection with an unholy mass of metal, artifact, and ichor.

To give you an example:
E65DE7B6-7114-4D32-BE62-4F25BAF8BA53.jpeg BFAD6637-F587-4CBA-AF73-7F00C51D05ED.jpeg
The thing about Phyrexians that makes them so dangerous is that you usually can’t tell they are even present on a plane until it’s too late. And even if you attempt to stop the corruption by removing the ichor, the actual Phyrexian army is easily on par with the Multiverse’s best men(Even The Weatherlight crew, one of the strongest groups of people introduced pre-Mending, still struggled against small cannon fodder Phyrexians, not even talking about the Praetors.)
Speaking of, the Praetors are the leaders of this death cult. They change from time to time as they tribalistically kill each other off to become the supreme leader of the cult, but they are all dangerous. They are, as follows:
55035F05-72A3-4730-BA00-C0D9E1568415.jpeg

Each is aligned with a specific color of mana, which is why they kill each other so often. In an ironic twist, branching out from black mana has actually lead to more tribalism in the Phyrexians than there was when they were just black aligned.

Unlike the Phyrexians, Eldrazi were introduced a bit later into the lore, so they don’t require too much explaining.

MTG’s lore takes place in a Multiverse, with hundreds upon hundreds of planes in one collective area. When Planeswalkers(specific individuals born with the ability to travel through the Plains) travel, they travel through the Blind Eternities, which is basically an infinite void of nothingness. Well, nothingness and the Eldrazi, that is.

The Eldrazi Titans call the Blind Eternities their home, but they don’t really think or act in the same way you and I do. Only one has demonstrated the ability to “speak,” and even then, it’s likely this was just the mind going so insane from their meer presence that it made something up to stop the brain from combusting. Basically, they’re a big deal.

There are 3 Eldrazi Titans: DB7C8CE8-51E0-46C1-8981-A2A42066054D.jpeg 0AC30924-9071-4DAD-80C0-84ECA2F70CAC.jpeg 12510A58-B95A-44CF-ACDA-BECE62CE2D10.png

And each one has a brood they create from their presence. The only Eldrazi that actually “exist” are these 3. The rest are best described as extensions of the actual Titans will.

The thing about the Eldrazi that makes them so dangerous is not only their size, but their mere presence on a plane spells disaster for all. The Eldrazi do not hunger for flesh: they hunger for mana. While the broods attack any that interupt them, the Titans feed on the Leyline of a plane, eating it apart, in the same way you might eat the crust of a Pizza instead of the actual meat. Once they eat enough, the plane self-destructs, effectively killing everything on it.

Furthermore, each Titan corrupts the area around them in some way. in particular, Emrakul turns thing INTO Eldrazi(as shown with the transform cards in Eldritch Moon) effectively making it the hardest to defeat. Here’s an example:

79B2E0A1-7494-4473-BBCE-1927FD2F92CA.png
D516A672-0450-4299-B5BC-CF825AEE691D.jpeg

The Eldrazi are not mindless killing machines though.
During the events of Eldritch Moon, this happened:

C2BDDAB8-64F3-458D-9B69-65486543E99F.png

Now, this looks like the planeswalkers depicted here trapped Emrakul into the moon, but in reality, if you read the short story that came with the set, Emrakul deliberately amplified their magic and willingly sealed itself inside the moon, showing a possible sense of individuality. Mind you, we’re returning to Innistrad this year, so who knows what Emrakul is doing.

TLDR: The main takeaway with the Eldrazi is that they are horrifying dieties from literal nothingness that feed on the raw mana of planes and destroy them. Their very presence on a plane is a very bad sign for the future, and without help from Planeswalkers(who hold a latent resistance from Eldrazi corruption due to their Planeswalker Spark) you stand no chance. Unlike Phyrexians though, their presence on a plane is much easier to spot(they are humongous horror things that send tinier horror things after you, after all), and makes them slighly easier to defeat given enough preparation.

Last edited by a moderator:

duxx

Smash Ace
just played someone on smash online with potentially the worst lag i've ever seen. like, 3 fps microsoft powerpoint kind of lag. made me sit down for a bit and consider why i was spending my friday night playing a dog in a childrens fighting game

not like i'd usually be doing anything else tonight tho

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
What would it take to get a cannon MissingNo. ?
I don’t think the seniors at Gamefreak view it with the same reverence the fans do.

Maybe in 30 or so years when people who actually grew up with the games are making the big decisions. Or if it ever becomes apparent that referencing MissingNo. would get them a lotta money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom