• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Prompt: Nintendo announces that they accidentally lost half of their E3 direct and are just now posting the other half of it. What announcements will it feature if you were to decide?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Prompt: Nintendo announces that they accidentally lost half of their E3 direct and are just now posting the other half of it. What announcements will it feature if you were to decide?
The other half is the 2022 games they said themselves they wouldn’t announce until later, most likely September or in 2022 itself.

But uhhhhh Donkey Kong I guess. Maybe Kirby.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So hot take, but I'd rather watch a Pokemon anime with no trainers and it's just Pokemon interacting with each other and getting into hilarious hijinks and adventures. Bit saying the style we have now is bad, but I loved the episodes where it was just the Pokemon being Pokemon and crap.

What I'm saying is #BringBackMysteryDungeonAnime
Would be pretty chill. Too bad Mystery Dungeon Anime was never a proper thing to begin with.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
I was in a VC with people watching this one, and we were memeing Simon Cowell, the entire tine, even joking that “they will unmask **** Dastardly, and it’ll be Simon Cowell.“ When that actually, happened, oh man, the laughter and screaming. You had to be there.

EDIT: R.I.P. [MAIN VILLAIN OF THE FILM HERE]

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Playing some Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and made a big discovery: Its stage Bountiful Sea is almost identical to Pokkén Tournament's Magikarp Festival stage.

But since both games were made by the same people, this isn't a surprise.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Playing some Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and made a big discovery: Its stage Bountiful Sea is almost identical to Pokkén Tournament's Magikarp Festival stage.

But since both games were made by the same people, this isn't a surprise.
See also:
Also I swear I heard somewhere that Katarina has some moves from Gardevoir?

D

Deleted member

I guess when Nintendo fixes the download option, I'll re-download Mortal Kombat. I think I shouldn't have to be pressured to play competitively by my brother. I recall the both of us having a bitter childhood sibling rivalry in versus video games to our early adulthood. As a child, I was severely competitive and a sore loser back than, because it was pretty miserable measuring my worth of existence to chess and fighting games, as a distraction from self-underlining issues. My brother wants me to pursue an extreme quantity of fighting games in-exchange for money. Unfortunately, I've always done something out of obligation to either please others or playing competitively to search for an answer. That one grandmaster that I've engaged with long ago ended my search.

I rather preserve doing what I enjoy and care not for the result, but giving it my all, of course.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
mother ****ing hell I don't wanna think about...that moment...

I still ain't comfortable with butterflies (and moths) cause of that episode tbh
Who would’ve thought a closeup of a horsefly could scare a generation of kids away from a different species

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I assume it's meant to be a hidden unlockable (like a post-game superboss in an RPG) or a twist ending.
It's unlocked after beating the fifth night, some FNAF games don't have a sixth night. It's meant to be harder than the 5th night.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watching Godzilla vs. Kong again today, my opinion still stands, in spite of some problems I still really enjoy it for what it is. A movie more for the kaiju fandom in general but otherwise fun timewaster for the general audience if they're only going in for the monster action.

My biggest gripe with the movie is how its pretty much two movies mashed together which I do understand as Legendary's contract was due and weren't certain if this film would be a success. But regardless if I had it my way I would have the Godzilla subplot be Godzilla 3 then the hollow earth being Kong 2.

My idea for Godzilla vs. Kong would have pretty much been the first 45-50 minutes of the film minus Godzilla's side of the story that way it could have focused more on the vs. title of the film. It being about trying to relocate Kong to the hollow earth as his new home all while having to try and avoid Godzilla hellbent on trying to hunt down and kill Kong due to sensing their species ancient rivalry, as well as the threat Kong poses to his alpha status being also an alpha himself so Kong has to protect himself from Godzilla and human characters also trying to protect him.

First fight would be as seen in the film in the Tasman Sea, then the second fight being in either Sydney, Australia or Wellington, New Zealand (I'd like this one as it'd be a new location for a kaiju film) as a pitstop to rethink their strategy and resupply (Citizens gathering around admiring Kong, during their fight you could even have Kong trying to bring Godzilla out of the city to avoid civilians deaths since as shown Kong cares for the lives of innocents as he did with the Iwi's, Jia, and Weaver) then the final battle in Antarctica. Like in the film Godzilla would still win but would then somehow find out the humans with Kong are trying to bring him to the hollow earth as his new home and so spares his life as long as he stays down there as the surface is his to rule.

After rethinking this is how I would have done it.

Godzilla (2014)
Kong: Skull Island
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Godzilla vs. Kong
Godzilla 3 (Godzilla subplot in Godzilla vs. Kong)
Kong 2: Hollow Earth (Focuses around the origin of titans, exploration of the hollow earth, Kong's species notably the temple and such)

Never the less, I'm still happy with what we have gotten so far with the MonsterVerse.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also watched Luca this afternoon.

Overall a harmless film. One that the whole family can enjoy. I admit I do feel it was a bit rush notably the beginning where Luca met Alberto, there could have been more development there.

Not to mention not enough conflict at the end, the humans were rather very easy to accept them for who they were.

Otherwise while not one of Pixar's best, it was still a good film, not great just good.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
New Wario Land, Wario’s greatest achievement!

Pikmin 4.

Mother series remakes or at least something new for Mother.

Mother 3 finally officially localized and nothing was changed except that Reggie NPC who’s appearance may be an issue considering his lips and maybe his dialogue idk.

Porky Minch, Waluigi, Frisk / Chara, or Isaac (The Binding of Isaac) revealed to be in Smash.

Banjo-Kazooie on Switch, or maybe the entire Rare Replay idk.

The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Pokémon, and Mother mash-up packs revealed for Minecraft.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Who would’ve thought a closeup of a horsefly could scare a generation of kids away from a different species
between that and the Klasky Csupo "robot" (aka Splaat), I'm surprised Nickelodeon didn't go on to traumatize more...and I'm even more surprised by how others got scared of Courage but not me

legit the only other thing that has affected me badly are them seizures...and cliffhangers that don't get resolved (I really hate waiting for those endings to get something...always needing to know what happens next)
A vast majority of moth species do not possess mouths. Only one species actually eats wool. Moths are harmless fuzzy boys.
I would not know anything about them beyond the wings...I'll get kill a Scorpion or finally decide to watch 2G1C before getting near one

D

Deleted member

I've heard about the negativity from the Mortal Kombat community, but I was hoping that they were wrong, and not to such an extent to where it triggered me to belittle them before leaving the server. Just by joining their server, it's like you can't screw up on being confused on something, or you will be viewed as a "sus" to where to admin had to be stuck up about it.

I simply called them "Orokana Hikikomori" and saw myself out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom