• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
no Gen 2 Pokemon
Ninetails, a Gen 1 Pokemon, is being used to represent Gen 7
Crustle is the Gen 5 Pokemon

The choices for Gen 1, 3, 4 and 6 are good and fine, but good lord, as a big fan of Gen 2 and 5 and who liked Gen 7, poor Gen 2, 5 and 7.
Hold on,

Gen 2

Gen 5

Gen 7

2 + 5 = 7

7-7 = 0

You have 3 problems with it

0 + 3 = 3

You know what that mean, right?

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIR-

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, I'd be terrified if six 1'8" creatures suddely jumped me and will not run away no matter how hard I fight back.
Yes, Falinks is a bunch of absolute units but if they were real and as big as my head I'd be terrified, like how Gengar went from cute babby to uncanny as **** in Detective Pikachu
…That is very true.

Most Pokémon would be terrifying, actually.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Um........ Ignoring the current topic......

If anyone is interested, Here’s what Doug Bowser had to say about the lack of Animal Crossing at E3.

Tagging @Taigiry.
Considering the rumors of Brewster coming back, I’m shocked we havent gotten or seen that update. We didn’t get any trailer for this month right? Which is weird as I expected to learn more about summer events and new features.
The fact that they saw every cool bug type Pokemon in Gen 5, and they went "aw yeah, Crustle" makes me a wee bit confused.

No Gen 7 is confusing, imo they had the best designes Pokemon of the 3D era.
Should have been Scolipede or Leavanny.
They should have fans be able to vote on which Pokémon should be added next.

Until a meme campaign gets Stunfisk the most votes.
I mean your close, but it would probably be magamite.

That’s why it was the camera person in Pokken because it’s a meme Pokémon in Japan and they all voted for it to become playable lmao.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean your close, but it would probably be magamite.

That’s why it was the camera person in Pokken because it’s a meme Pokémon in Japan and they all voted for it to become playable lmao.
Why Magnemite? What’s funny about it to them?

Ivander

Smash Legend
…That is very true.

Most Pokémon would be terrifying, actually.
I always said it's ironic how people say the Pokemon world would be a wonderful place to be in just because 10-year old kids able to go on adventures and whatnot, when it's an entirely different story when you take the Manga, Pokedex entries and later Pokemon stories into account.

Shroob

Sup?
Surprised that no one's pointed out that putting Garchomp in summer **** makes it look like the star on its nose is like, sunscreen.

Reactions: Z25

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Pretty acvurate to how terrifying real animals are.
Fiction is good at making you forgot how freakin' dangerous some animals can be.

Like look at this funny cartoon gorilla eating banana, haha, good thing he isn't real and you aren't in it's way or else it would rip your freakin' skull off. (if you made him angry or catch him in a bad mood, just to be clear)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I absolutely love the game Hades

it’s probably one of the few games I routinely come back to

and just when you think subsequent runs are dry they find a way to mix things up

lowkey hoping with the Xbox/PS ports they do more content updates

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guess who has no work today cuz my department gave a mandatory break for the Friday before Juneteenth

I might stream for 8+ hours on twitch… but WHAT…

heck it I’ll do several different games thats what a lot of streamers do for long streams right

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hold on, Arceus was no.2 on that poll??

I like Arceus, so i'm not complaining, but I wouldn't have expected him to be this popular in any sort of polls.

Is there like something that make/made him stand out in Japan?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
People be like "I wish Pokemon were real", well look at deep sea creatures. They pratically have abilities of Pokemon, with some being able to make light, generate electricity, etc. A lot of aninals are the real world equivalent of poison types, being able to make acid and venom that can kill. Bombardier beetles can make acid so hot that it can scorch you and kill small animals on contact. Some animals are equivalent to ground types, using mud, dirt, and sand to their own advantage to set up traps and make super small quakes to scare other animals for hunting. Look up the type of bug Trapinch is based on. There'a a bug out there that's like Crustle, only instead of dirt and rocks, they make thier bio shell out of dead corpses of other animals.

One thing they have in common? They're super ****ing terrifying. Nature is wild when you get into it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hold on, Arceus was no.2 on that poll??

I like Arceus, so i'm not complaining, but I wouldn't have expected him to be this popular in any sort of polls.

Is there like something that make/made him stand out in Japan?
It’s cuz they knew the winner would get a special distribution. And they wanted Arceus.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
People be like "I wish Pokemon were real", well look at deep sea creatures. They pratically have abilities of Pokemon, with some being able to make light, generate electricity, etc. A lot of aninals are the real world equivalent of poison types, being able to make acid and venom that can kill. Bombardier beetles can make acid so hot that it can scorch you and kill small animals on contact. Some animals are equivalent to ground types, using mud, dirt, and sand to their own advantage to set up traps and make super small quakes to scare other animals for hunting. Look up the type of bug Trapinch is based on. There'a a bug out there that's like Crustle, only instead of dirt and rocks, they make thier bio shell out of dead corpses of other animals.

One thing they have in common? They're super ****ing terrifying. Nature is wild when you get into it.
TL;DR: If you want Pokémon in real life just move to Australia.

Noted.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

We wish we know about life outside of our planets but we like barely know what sort of insane creature reside inside the deepest part of ours.

Mind you, there's a TON of good reasons why we don't know yet about the abyss we have. (Fear of drowing, woooooooooooooooooow), but i'm honestly surprised we haven't got that many horror video games/movie about the deepest part of the ocean.
It’s cuz they knew the winner would get a special distribution. And they wanted Arceus.
oh

well that's quite anti-climatic.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I think they want to be in charge of said creatures. Or wish their dog had funny colors.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know; I just clicked on one of the pictures on the character select screen and before I knew it, I was playing a match. **** was super weird.

Think I'll just go back to using the CSS as a conversation piece instead.
holy smoke.png

HIRED FOR WHAT? I DON'T KNOW, BUT YOU'RE HIRED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom