• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Welp school is moving to digital only again a day earlier than expected.

This certainly is going to be fun. Not.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh, this reminds me, I still need to think of some potential voice actors for these Sonic characters:
-Honey the Cat
-E-102 Gamma
-Emerl
-Mephiles the Dark
-Erazor Djinn
-Sonic the Werehog
-possibly Heavy King (as well as the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
-Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
-Bean the Dynamite
-Bark the Polar Bear
-Mighty the Armadillo
-Ray the Flying Squirrel
-Tangle the Lemur
-Whisper the Wolf

If anyone wants to help me out and throw out some suggestions, pls feel free too.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
How does that even work?
So, a new FNAF skin just dropped. A few of my pals wanted to try to see how fast they could make a voice video for the new skin, cause we like to do stupid **** for fun, and they wanted me to voice the character. Within two hours, we have a script, all lines recorded, a thumbnail, and a looping animation.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spidey just became GOTY by default...alongside P5R...but above it now

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Haven't listened for so long, I've forgotten how catchy Ice Age's opening traveling song is. Been listening to for an hour.
The first two Ice Age movies are the best.

Third and fourth had some good stuff, but the third is when the franchise started taking a completely different direction, and the latter felt like it was really missing something.

We don't talk about the fifth movie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The first two Ice Age movies are the best.

Third and fourth had some good stuff, but the third is when the franchise started taking a completely different direction, and the latter felt like it was really missing something.

We don't talk about the fifth movie.
I've been in such a nostalgia kick lately in animated classics, Ice Age is among those I'm gonna get around to watching again.

The first three IMO were the best. Four and five suck and I pretend they don't exist. Honestly speaking too Ice Age could have also worked perfectly being a standalone film but I still don't mind the other two though they're not as good as the first.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Hey there, how is everyone here? I am feeling good myself.
Finally finished up Pokemon Shield. While a lot of the complaints are ultimately justified, I still had a fantastic time regardless. My brother and I are gonna split the difference and pay for the DLC when I get back home from vacation in a week and a half from now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've been in such a nostalgia kick lately in animated classics, Ice Age is among those I'm gonna get around to watching again.

The first three IMO were the best. Four and five suck and I pretend they don't exist. Honestly speaking too Ice Age could have also worked perfectly being a standalone film but I still don't mind the other two though they're not as good as the first.
I get that. Animated films are usually among my favorites, which shouldn't be a surprise coming from me lol.

Ice Age is basically the textbook definition of Sequelitis. It started off strong, and would've been great as a standalone film as you said. When the company saw what they had, they went for a few more. Two and three had different themes and atmospheres compared to the first film, but they still worked for what they were. Even some big name critics positively compared three to the first film, some even calling it the best out of the trilogy.

Four hammed it up too much, and five jumped the shark several times over the course of a single film. Let's hope it stops there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I get that. Animated films are usually among my favorites, which shouldn't be a surprise coming from me lol.

Ice Age is basically the textbook definition of Sequelitis. It started off strong, and would've been great as a standalone film as you said. When the company saw what they had, they went for a few more. Two and three had different themes and atmospheres compared to the first film, but they still worked for what they were. Even some big name critics positively compared three to the first film, some even calling it the best out of the trilogy.

Four hammed it up too much, and five jumped the shark several times over the course of a single film. Let's hope it stops there.
I'm just baffled over the fact what started off as both humorous and emotional with a balance of both eventually degraded into pop culture references and potty humor to the point the characters we all knew and loved turned into these total buffoons acting like the events of the first film never happened and the baby they helped.

Next thing you know it Ice Age 6 is gonna feature time travel with futurians with them being brought to the 31st century or something.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm just baffled over the fact what started off as both humorous and emotional with a balance of both eventually degraded into pop culture references and potty humor to the point the characters we all knew and loved turned into these total buffoons acting like the events of the first film never happened and the baby they helped.

Next thing you know it Ice Age 6 is gonna featured time travel with futurians with them being brought to the 31st century or something.
Long answer: The writers and/or corporate executives involved with the franchise forgot what made the first film so special, what made the other two films work, and followed the path of Butch Hartman by making things increasingly zany, ambitious, and different, thinking that bigger meant better and would yield the best results.

Short answer:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Long answer: The writers and/or corporate executives involved with the franchise forgot what made the first film so special, what made the other two films work, and followed the path of Butch Hartman by making things increasingly zany, ambitious, and different, thinking that bigger meant better and would yield the best results.

Short answer:
Sad but unfortunately true apparently.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Played Overwatch for the first time in a while, and God am I rusty at it lol.

They need to reverse the nerf to Orisa's Halt already.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
the last 72 hours have been a shower of godawful takes on my twitter timeline lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Played Overwatch for the first time in a while, and God am I rusty at it lol.

They need to reverse the nerf to Orisa's Halt already.
Overwatch's balance team is some of the mist incompetent I've seen. They nerf all the cool **** and tech, but then buff things nobody asked to be buffed, and then leave certain glaring issues alone.

D

Deleted member

"Yakuza 7 is TOTALLY stealing ideas from Persona 5, guys!"

"Fire Emblem was always more main stream than Touhou!"

These sound like the silliest arguments on the planet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom