• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Lance Reddick as Wesker is some amazing casting.
Really don't have any high hopes for this new Resident Evil movie given the director who had done a SyFy original called Roadkill.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Fs in the chat for Simon
Poor Simon, gets overshadowed by Richter in Smash, then gets skipped over for him (and Maria) in the show.

On the note of Maria, I'm curious to see how they'll handle her. Her powers will probably be similar as having a character who can call the Four Symbols would be fun for the animation team to play around with, but tone-wise she's one of the most lighthearted characters from the Belmont era when she initially teams up with Richter and the show is much darker then that. I wonder how they'll address her character to fit into that, maybe use her SotN form as a base?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think it could be possible due to the timespace thing or through flashbacks Simon could be featured in some way.

That said I won't be surprised if this is a trilogy series. The third and final one focusing on Julius Belmont in the present day.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Awesome! What kind of specs are you thinking of?
Someone at work helped me pick specs

I THINK I’ll get a 3060/3070. The same person is selling it for way less than the market (which is still expensive due to scalpers and chip shortages)

just gotta… scrounge up the cash for it…

the other parts are relatively cheaper

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.............

Beep

Just a penguin

Smash Master
It's once again time for my weekly transformation of Smash characters to MTG characters. Today, I am presenting Yoshi, who I am sure that Zinith Zinith will love no matter what (because he said he has no idea how Magic works). Here is the card:
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 12.49.18 PM.png

And this is what Food tokens are for reference:
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 12.54.26 PM.png

Next up is Kirby, which is going to be difficult considering I already used my clone effect idea on Dark Samus.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man I wish that the trope of “fantasy in the modern day” wasn’t established with things like bright and onward. I’d love to see what a world like middle-earth would evolve into if given the same amount of time we had between our dark ages and now. And there’s no reason to believe it would just be “our world with a dash of magic and funny looking people” like those movies suggest. It’s a rife ground for some real creativity.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Batman - Joker
Cloud - Sephiroth
Donkey Kong - King K. Rool
Godzilla - King Ghidorah
Mario - Bowser
Samus - Ridley
Sonic - Dr. Eggman
Superman - Lex Luthor

Listing protagonists against their arch-nemesis'. Why? Just because.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Man I wish that the trope of “fantasy in the modern day” wasn’t established with things like bright and onward. I’d love to see what a world like middle-earth would evolve into if given the same amount of time we had between our dark ages and now. And there’s no reason to believe it would just be “our world with a dash of magic and funny looking people” like those movies suggest. It’s a rife ground for some real creativity.
That’s kinda what I’m trying to do with my series, well in my series the earth and magic world are in separate realms and with more and more humans gaining magic abilities and being able to migrate into the magic world, the more human influence becomes prevalent in the magic world while still retaining most of the magic aesthetic, what I’m trying to go for is kinda like a fantasy version of the Zootopia city.

Batman - Joker
Cloud - Sephiroth
Donkey Kong - King K. Rool
Godzilla - King Ghidorah
Mario - Bowser
Samus - Ridley
Sonic - Dr. Eggman
Superman - Lex Luthor

Listing protagonists against their arch-nemesis'. Why? Just because.
You forgot Fantastic 4 and Doctor Doom as well as Yoshi and the IRS

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The elves left middle earth and the dwarves/ hobbits were turning more like humans from what i remember so it was kind of implied middle earth went along the lines of real life

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The elves left middle earth and the dwarves/ hobbits were turning more like humans from what i remember so it was kind of implied middle earth went along the lines of real life
I meant the planet. Not the region of middle earth. They didn’t vacate this plain of existence lol. They just crossed the sea.

And even still. It’s a universe where dwarves and orca and hobbits and elves and magic wizards and bear shapeshifters and giant talking eagles and strange sing-talking god men all exist. You can’t tell me that a world with the likes of Tom Bombadil and Beorn in it would just evolve into ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom