• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

One of these days I want to go somewhere else and try out other forums... but man... I don't exactly have many options when half of them look like they haven't had someone online since covid started(it's even worse when it comes to looking specifically for Xenforo boards) :4lucario:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
One of these days I want to go somewhere else and try out other forums... but man... I don't exactly have many options when half of them look like they haven't had someone online since covid started(it's even worse when it comes to looking specifically for Xenforo boards) :4lucario:
Problem is forums don't really exist too much anymore: Outside of some of the old guard from back in the day, places like this are kind of a relic of their time. Social media and Discord is where the masses are nowadays. :drshrug:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How well do the classic Resident Evil games hold up? With the PS3 store closing down, I was thinking about getting at least one of them - my only experience with the classic style was with renting the Gamecube remake of Resident Evil 1 (I've played Resident Evil 4 and 5, though). I didn't really enjoy the RE1 remake, but that's because I tended to shoot enemies (whereas now, as far as I can tell, I know that you have to avoid them), and I want to give the older games another chance. (plus, if I don't like it, I'm only out $6)

It's a choice between Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3, as far as I know. I have the RE2 remake on Steam, so I'm not sure if the original RE2 is as much of a priority for me, but I feel like it's worth mentioning to be thorough. (not sure how the original and the remake compare)

Noipoi

Howdy!
What about Mystery Dungeon fans, what memes we got for those? 👀
Mystery Dungeon meme dump (I’m not as knowledgeable about PMD)

Red/Blue Rescue team fans watching the ending
830ADC29-6222-4B7C-8B86-95F4309BF6A5.jpeg

Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky fans when someone doesn’t think it’s the greatest story ever told

Blazing/Stormy/Light Adventure squad fans

Gates to Infinity Fans defending it from the rest of the fanbase

Super Mystery Dungeon fans explaining why they like it

Rescue Team DX fans returning from the dead

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
D

Deleted member

I hate that i'm such an old fart, i prefer forums to discord.

I'm 24 i shouldnt be acting like i'm 40.
To be fair, I do too. Mostly because, in comparison to discord/reddit, more traditional forums are easier to navigate and generally are laid out such that the person behind the screen is at the forefront. Reddit didn’t even have profile pics until last year and even then most people don’t bother.

MooMew64

Mystery Dungeon meme dump (I’m not as knowledgeable about PMD)

Red/Blue Rescue team fans watching the ending
View attachment 310372

Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky fans when someone doesn’t think it’s the greatest story ever told

Blazing/Stormy/Light Adventure squad fans

Gates to Infinity Fans defending it from the rest of the fanbase

Super Mystery Dungeon fans explaining why they like it

Rescue Team DX fans returning from the dead
Can confirm these are accurate, both examples for Gates and Super are me.

MooMew64

I just got a level 26 Manectric in MD and it's like, 5 levels higher than the rest of my party.

But more importantly, I got a freaking DUNESPARCE.

Cost 2,700 for his camp but it was heckin' worth it.

D

Deleted member

I’ve been digging up old stones in the backyard for renovation work and I found this little underground ant hole
CD075E7F-395A-4E73-92AA-9A73447FFCA3.jpeg

certainly explains why there’s ants in our house.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Today has felt like such a lazy day, it's been cloudy and slightly rainy so i haven't been able to do anything with the dogs at the house, and because of the cold ive been pretty sleepy so ive taken multiple naps today, now i'm just sitting around playing Sakura wars.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I don't know if its the cycling or how I almost had an anxiety attack but I'm feeling a bit content and reflective. And can my brain stop my picturing the most random of places while I type on this forum?

I hate that i'm such an old fart, i prefer forums to discord.

I'm 24 i shouldnt be acting like i'm 40.
To be fair, I do too. Mostly because, in comparison to discord/reddit, more traditional forums are easier to navigate and generally are laid out such that the person behind the screen is at the forefront. Reddit didn’t even have profile pics until last year and even then most people don’t bother.
Damn you got me reflective on this.

I don't know. I like forums more for navigation and customisation like signatures but thing is though on that how long will be using here for on that front? And that in a way scares me. I want to leave once all the Smash DLC is out but only if I feel right to do so if that makes sense.

Same time Discord feels a lot more smooth but I think for that as well it's best when the server only has about 10 people or so max and everyone knows each other.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Problem is forums don't really exist too much anymore: Outside of some of the old guard from back in the day, places like this are kind of a relic of their time. Social media and Discord is where the masses are nowadays. :drshrug:
I prefer forums like this over discord. I'm a slow typer, so by the time i'm finished writing a reply on Discord, the conversation has shifted. I also have to reply way quicker, which means it's less thought out.

It's a shame the forums are the ones going the way of the dodo.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, if Virtual E3 is still gonna have Nintendo, Microsoft, Capcom, and I think Namco and a few other companies, it's not total trash then. I think Sony's out and so is Square, but what're the chances they'll still have some stuff around the same time anyway?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Love Tiamat's design, basically a sea dragon/sea horse mix. Not too keen on Amhuluk's though, I was really hoping he was like in the myths of the Oregon Native Americans as a green-furred dragon or at the very least a green-furred horned komodo dragon-like titan.

Amhuluk and Tiamat have been revealed.

Mamboo07 Mamboo07

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So got reflective and spent some time around Google Maps and thought about story ideas and stuff. Feeling better.

Then reads news:

Rioting is occurring in my hometown (not my part) for a number of reasons including Brexit and a funeral. Bus got hijacked and 12 year olds are throwing petrol bombs.

1617833521176.png

Well looks like I won't be cycling in that direction anytime soon..........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom