• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I remember seeing that scene and getting pretty deflated about it. I know why they did it since the trope of losing a loved one to motivate the hero is as old as dirt, but killing Mako off after watching her grow in the first movie was very disappointing since it felt like they threw away a good character that still had more to give. It also didn't help that Jake wasn't as compelling as a protagonist, so trying to have him fill her shoes just didn't work and it bogged down the movie even further.
Agreed. Mako's a very strong character, but in the second film she felt both underutilized in the screentime she used and just poorly utilized in general. Her death served as little more than shock factor for the audience, and as a device to motivate for Jake (himself a less compelling protagonist, as you said), but it was so sudden and anti-climactic in a film where she wasn't granted nearly as powerful of a role that it even failed it's motivational purpose and ultimately just came off as a massive disservice to the character.

That's my main gripe with the film, as everything from that point on just spiraled downward into a confusing and largely disappointing mess. The way they had Newt get brainwashed was also confusing and not remotely compelling, but it's just adding insult to injury when compared to the above.

Now that you mentioned it. I would honestly love for a Metroid animated series especially by NetFlix through a deal with Nintendo given the awesome cartoons they've been producing such as Castlevania, Hilda, Green Eggs & Ham, and now Blood of Zeus.

They can make such a show deliver.
I've heard some people say a Metroid show would work out nicely if it had a formula similar to Samurai Jack. Little dialogue, quiet, compelling scenes that focus on Show, Don't Tell, and plenty of dynamic action scenes when the time is right.

It'd be nice to see, though I don't use Netflix much, so it's not like I can really speak for any of those shows, as popular as they are.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, think I'm really done for the night. I got far & I'm happy that I was able to get his health low enough, but my eyes & brain can only handle so much Vergil's "SCUM" & "BEGONE".

That, and playing this game make me sweaty really quick, which ain't good when you want to sleep.

But yeah, think I can handle without items...and a bit of luck too.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X The new FNAF AR character is Plushtrap! In his render, he's legit just popping his knuckles, and I thought that was funny for no reason, so-
Why does his look & voice make me think of Scrappy-Doo from the first Scooby Doo Live-action movie?

In all cases, he look pretty neato.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is for the latest promotion video for their mobile game called Disney "Star Smash." Thought it looked pretty cool.
Mickey mouse looks so off putting next to all the other characters which have that distinct anime look LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Just came back from my funeral.

The grandfather of a cousine passed away some weeks ago and today there was church for that.

I was there to support my cousine (who had came yesterday from Madrid) and thankfully It all went well.
Aww, I am so sorry to hear that. My condolences.

KillerCage

Smash Master
X_x .yrots tnereffid a si sdrawkcab gnipyT .drah taht ton si sdrawkcab gnidaeR
.lufniap yrev si sdrawkcab gnipyt hguoht emit sekat tusj sdrawkcab gnidaer :eerga I
Just came back from my funeral.

The grandfather of a cousine passed away some weeks ago and today there was church for that.

I was there to support my cousine (who had came yesterday from Madrid) and thankfully It all went well.
Ouch.
I hope you and your family are doing okay.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've heard some people say a Metroid show would work out nicely if it had a formula similar to Samurai Jack. Little dialogue, quiet, compelling scenes that focus on Show, Don't Tell, and plenty of dynamic action scenes when the time is right.

It'd be nice to see, though I don't use Netflix much, so it's not like I can really speak for any of those shows, as popular as they are.
Given in her games she doesn't talk much, it's only fitting. I'd love that approach!

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm currently loving the AoC demo...Impa seems to be the best member of the team (...between the 2 out of many missions I've done)

Hyrule Warriors really decided to make the greatest demo in Nintendo...or all of...gaming history
Took down the toxic river in Mario Sunshine for the first time in my life today. My advice? Shoot ahead, not behind, it slows down the raft and gives you more control.
...wish I knew this Tuesday night...spent too damn long on that section alone

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
An interesting What-If scenario suddenly came to my mind.

What if rather than wiping out half of all life in the universe as Thanos intended in the MCU. Instead, he simply sterilized it.

How long does this take to get noticed? What happens from here given no one got dusted as Thanos goes to that planet he escaped to finally rest and watch the sunrise on what he thinks will be a grateful universe knowing he won.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
.tnemetats lufrednow siht gnidaer rof uoy knahT .em tuoba kniht srehto tahw tuoba deirrow os ma yllaretil I .gniddik tsuj ma I ,yllautca ,lleW . . .snamuh morf noitalosi emos deviecer I emit si tI .sraM ot tluda ma I nehw htraE evael ot gniog ma I taht wonk uoy tel ot tnaw I neht ,siht daer uoy fi ,syawynA .yzarc si hcihw ,yllacisyhp ti did uoy sselnU .siht daer ot etisbew emos desu ylbaborp uoy ,sdrawkcab siht daer uoy fI
Pah-lease. I've been reading stuff like this since before you were even born. :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

What if rather than wiping out half of all life in the universe as Thanos intended in the MCU. Instead, he simply sterilized it.

How long does this take to get noticed? What happens from here given no one got dusted as Thanos goes to that planet he escaped to finally rest and watch the sunrise on what he thinks will be a grateful universe knowing he won.
How the hell do you even come up with these ideas

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I would rather feel depressed for an ending to a movie than...confused tbh

D

Deleted member

I've been getting a small handful of subscribers recently yet I haven't uploaded anything... and I'm just sitting here like

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Anyone else completely burnt out on Smash speculation? I haven't really had the same amount of interest in Ultimate since Steve released, TBH.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else completely burnt out on Smash speculation? I haven't really had the same amount of interest in Ultimate since Steve released, TBH.
basically me right now

Steve is enough to satisfy me. Not stepping in the newcomer thread for a loooooong time.

D

Deleted member

Holy hell Wizards over here literally making a function reprint of Black Lotus(easily one of the most expensive cards in card game history, period)
https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/jkjlqm Course, there's a small difference: the mana it makes can only be used to cast your commander(so A) useless in any format other than EDH/Brawl, and B) since it has to be a 1-of anyway maxing out on it for hyperconsistent early game threats isn't an issue) so I doubt it'll get to the same level Black Lotus is in terms of price, but it's def gonna be one of THOSE cards: cards that are played in just about any deck that wants early game ramp easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom