• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also two other predictions:
DP remakes bring megas back

Regional forms will be included with no official national dex but all Pokémon will be available with its release.

Not sure on the underground but I hope it-returns

D

Deleted member

My daily doodle went along pretty well today
D9B5B2D0-DC24-4DF0-8AFE-6AD292DB9E81.jpeg

drawing front facing perspectives is a ***** though, took me a few tries before I was happy with the result

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I got to anime Tony stark in P5S, i like how his voice actor is trying to kinda sound like the voice actor who plays the cartoon Tony stark in the Disney Marvel cartoons.

Yeah, he's meant to be since you fight him right after N with no breaks iirc.

This is also implying you have the legendary in your party.
I mean N is also kinda a hard fight so you'll probably be out of or low on potions by the time you Ghetsis.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I got to anime Tony stark in P5S, i like how his voice actor is trying to kinda sound like the voice actor who plays the cartoon Tony stark in the Disney Marvel cartoons.

I mean N is also kinda a hard fight so you'll probably be out of or low on potions by the time you Ghetsis.
Yeah, N was definitely harder than Ghetsis, I agree on that.

D

Deleted member

Not sure on the underground but I hope it-returns
Watch the underground return, but just be local wireless only, like the original games.

Honestly, online underground would be my most wanted feature. Never had a friend who played D/P, so I never got to experience most of the features.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also this is worth noting:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The problem isn't that Pokemon's become too easy. Its that its laughably easy, to the point it just insults your intelligence. I don't feel compelled to try to figure anything out in these games because they purposely stick the answer in your face without giving you the opportunity to even think about it.

D

Deleted member

The problem isn't that Pokemon's become too easy. Its that its laughably easy, to the point it just insults your intelligence. I don't feel compelled to try to figure anything out in these games because they purposely stick the answer in your face without giving you the opportunity to even think about it.
Even as someone who purposely tries to find ways to make the games I play as easy as possible(whether that is through glitches, exploits, or just raw automation) the Pokemon games are so laughably easy trying to do any of that is completely pointless because you're already going to stomp through most of the game anyway.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I remember fighting Ghetsis for the first time and seeing him send out his Hydreigon. I think it was the first time I've ever seen a Hydreigon. And you didn't have Fairies back then, so you had to fight this three headed king **** that you later find out doesn't actually evolve at the level Ghetsis has it.

Ah, those were the days.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Totem Battles could be tricky, I liked em.

Oh yeah and a Pokémon Presentation tomorrow. What a surprise :nifty:
Gen 7 did legit get hard at points, like Lusamine took me a while to beat because all her Pokemon had the broken modifiers that also burnt the 3DS with all the particles.
I remember fighting Ghetsis for the first time and seeing him send out his Hydreigon. I think it was the first time I've ever seen a Hydreigon. And you didn't have Fairies back then, so you had to fight this three headed king **** that you later find out doesn't actually evolve at the level Ghetsis has it.

Ah, those were the days.
Doesn't help that Hydregion got ****ed the next gen so the novelty wore off fast.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It's why I like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh so much. You have to figure out where to go most of the time. It's much more rewarding figuring out something yourself than having the game do it for you.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Interestingly, I think Sinnoh and Kalos both have the same issues, with being kinda large yet empty and boring worlds that, tbh, is a step down from the more sprawling and robust world that came before it.

The main difference is that Sinnoh got an enhanced version that fixed that, whereas Kalos is still empty and boring.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
The newer Pokemon Games certainly are a lot easier. Last I played was Ultra Moon and I'm pretty sure I beat the Champion in one go. I just remember the end being a lot more intense in the old games and I was actually like super proud when I finally won lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I will agree though, Gen 8 is definitely the easist. I only had trouble with Leon because his type coverage and Pokemon are actually really good, but aside from that, it was a steamroll.

The DLC is actually challenging though, esoecially the Crown Tundra which has Pokemon well into the level 80s.

D

Deleted member

People (rightfully) criticize the modern games for being easy, but looking back, the seeds can already be seen in Gen 5, where you got a free elemental monkey that's strong against the first gym, as well as free healing on routes from doctors.

And then came BW2 with simultaneously the best and worst idea in the franchise history, difficulty selection. Who the hell had the bright idea of not only making it post-game, but version exclusive as well? Like, what the ****? It's been nearly 8 years and I still don't get it. And instead of improving upon that idea, Game Freak pulled a Game Freak and just removed it completely. Good job, guys.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Game Company: Kills kids directly, makes no Good Games, overworks Employes, has a bunch of overpriced microtransactions, destroyes Enviroment
Nintendo: is not the nicest too Fans

NiNtEnDo Is ThE wOrSt GaMe CoMpAnY

I mean nintendo has problems but some people think nintendo is satan when atmost theyre School Bullies

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Interestingly, I think Sinnoh and Kalos both have the same issues, with being kinda large yet empty and boring worlds that, tbh, is a step down from the more sprawling and robust world that came before it.

The main difference is that Sinnoh got an enhanced version that fixed that, whereas Kalos is still empty and boring.
Pokemon Z's cancellation really ****ed up the whole generation.

D

Deleted member

Game Company: Kills kids directly, makes no Good Games, overworks Employes, has a bunch of overpriced microtransactions, destroyes Enviroment
Nintendo: is not the nicest too Fans

NiNtEnDo Is ThE wOrSt GaMe CoMpAnY

I mean nintendo has problems but some people think nintendo is satan when atmost theyre School Bullies
Kills kids directly
I'm...uh... just gonna assume that's a typo...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh hey the Kingsisle Live is today. Didn't even know that.

Now please just tell me that we're getting updates relatively soon.... I don't want to have to spend money on memberships if I don't have to.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
We need another megaman rep.
X or Proto Man echo

Protoman literally has the same moveset as Megaman but he has a shield on top of that, i think it would have been perfect.

definitely would have prefered him over Dark Samus TBH
I think Proto Man should adapt some of the custom moves from the last game into his moveset

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In other words we have no leaks and only know of the most obvious thing possible:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom