• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finally seen Pyra/Mythra VA reaction to, well, Pyra/Mythra getting in Smash, and I can safely say I never felt this happy for a VA before. (think it's the first time ever I saw someone VA reacting to their reveal trailer in fact, and it's actually quite wholesome in a way)

Especially since it must have been horrible to not reveal anything until the day of the reveal.

God bless her & her friends.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tried going for a haircut. It was too busy, didn't want to wait hour and a half and said screw this.

I think I'll take dad's suggestion of making an appointment at this other haircut place that my uncle went to. I might have to wait until the weekend though.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
so goddamn bored. Really want to see Pyra/Mythra’s presentation/release already so we can move on to the next one. Cause at this point... I don’t know. Part of me wants Smash to be over but a part of me keeps going “but we still don’t have Geno!” and another part of me is going “but what would replace it in your life?”.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's Forza.

Gran Turismo is Playstation
well ****...that just makes things worse for Xbox fans hungry for some games then
so goddamn bored. Really want to see Pyra/Mythra’s presentation/release already so we can move on to the next one. Cause at this point... I don’t know. Part of me wants Smash to be over but a part of me keeps going “but we still don’t have Geno!” and another part of me is going “but what would replace it in your life?”.
Geno is dead

D

Deleted member

So I guess it's just this computer that's causing recaptha to have a fit because embeds are working just fine on my phone.

What even did I do to cause this though????????

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So, with what we know now, would you have taken this timeline, or the timeline where we got:

Alucard over the Belmonts
Decidueye over Incineroar
Rex over Pyra/Mythra
Springman over Min Min
Slime over Hero
Easily the current Timeline.

Slime is lame, Springman is kinda boring, Rex has a bad design. The only better ones are Alucard and Decidueye, But I still like Richter and Incineroar.

D

Deleted member

So, with what we know now, would you have taken this timeline, or the timeline where we got:

Rex over Pyra/Mythra
Springman over Min Min
Slime over Hero
I would have taken the current timeline I live in any day.

Losing the DQ8 Hero in Smash Ultimate is something I don't want to ever see happening.

D

Deleted member

Why do people keep saying this every time I bring it up? It’s not productive and it’s not constructive and it’s really annoying and also potentially not true.
Cause if Square wanted to add Geno, why would they have gone for Sephiroth? And even on the off chance Square gets another character this pass I once again doubt it'll be Geno.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Cause if Square wanted to add Geno why would they have gone for Sephiroth? And even on the off chance Square gets another character this pass I once again doubt it'll be Geno.
Reasons unbenownst to us because we are not aware of the next decade of marketing plans and game releases that both Square and Nintendo have planned.

Also, we MIGHT get more characters, even if we don't get another pass. Like... Piranha Plant style. Emphasis on MIGHT.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Rex over Pyra/Mythra
Springman over Min Min
Slime over Hero
Honestly the alternate timeline sounds most interesting, i'd like to see how Slime and Decidueye play, and Alucard is just cooler in general lol. But i'm still fine with what we got.

D

Deleted member

Reasons unbenownst to us because we are not aware of the next decade of marketing plans and game releases that both Square and Nintendo have planned.

Also, we MIGHT get more characters, even if we don't get another pass. Like... Piranha Plant style. Emphasis on MIGHT.
I dunno, I feel FP2 is gonna be the end of it. Feel free to bookmark this to prove me wrong later.

And even then, Geno was a one-off character from a one-off series that afterwards only make 1 other non-smash appearance in Superstar Saga(and not even as a character in the main game)

I sincerely doubt Square would go for Geno when they have... well... a metric **** ton of other characters to choose from.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I really don't get how It got to the point that a good chunk of the Smash fandom just decided that Geno is the only """fitting"""" remaining Mario character to add in Smash.

More so in a series which has cool characters such as Pauline, E.Gadd, King Bob-Omb or basically anyone from the Mario & Luigi series.
And those without going onto other Mario enemies they can easily make playable similar to Piranha Plant.

Like, one thing is saying you want Geno in Smash and another is claiming that Geno has more legacy or """deserves""" to get in Smash over other Mario characters who hold a lot of legacy on their backs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I dunno, I feel FP2 is gonna be the end of it. Feel free to bookmark this to prove me wrong later.

And even then, Geno was a one-off character from a one-off series that afterwards only make 1 other non-smash appearance in Superstar Saga(and not even as a character in the main game)

I sincerely doubt Square would go for Geno when they have... well... a metric **** ton of other characters to choose from.
A: If they don't care about him then you'ed think they'ed be willing to ***** him out for money easy much more then any other series they own and actually care for.
B: How many times can they say no if Sakurai/Nintendo keep asking for him?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have no fear.

"possibility that Sakurai doesn't present Pyra & the new content and they do it Joker style"

I have one fear.

D

Deleted member

Rex over Pyra/Mythra
Springman over Min Min
Slime over Hero
I don't really care that much about these choices but I think I prefer what we got more. Although it would have been cool to get Decidueye as a more standard archer character

D

Deleted member

I have no fear.

"possibility that Sakurai doesn't present Pyra & the new content and they do it Joker style"

I have one fear.
I... Doubt they are doing a Joker style presentation.

Maybe if It happened twice, but ever since Joker that hasn't been the case anymore.

I feel really confident the presentation Will be like all the past ones.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I have no fear.

I have one fear.
I think Sakurai said the Joker style presentations were unnecessarily expensive so they will continue to do the Sakurai Presents formats.

Real talk, we need more Frog characters in Smash.

One is not enough.
Here is one very good froggy lad.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Rex over Pyra/Mythra
Springman over Min Min
Slime over Hero
Just Alucard maybe...though I'm not invested in Castlevania so its no real biggie.

I'm definitely content with what we got!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom