• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So, with what we know now, would you have taken this timeline, or the timeline where we got:

Alucard over the Belmonts
Decidueye over Incineroar
Rex over Pyra/Mythra
Springman over Min Min
Slime over Hero
Alucard = Belmonts
Decidueye > Incineroar
Rex < Pyra/Mythra
Spring Man < Min Min
Slime < Hero

Current timeline wins.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyway, got an actual avatar for now. Couldn't resist Ryu's **** eating grin.
The big boy got a **** ton of buff in SFV apparantly, in the Dan update.

Truly, the power of the HadouGUN showed him the way. So he can't help but feel happy. :)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Geno is awesome, unfortunately he ain't coming unless Sakurai pulls some strings for a late bonus or 3rd pass imo.

Also, I like Mallow too. He may have more of a character arc, but Geno is still cool and a bit funny and stuff too, and is a focal point at the end. I don't get why people gotta downplay others' opinions as dumb and inferior. Like people can dislike Geno without acting as if others who like him are weird or something.

I dunno, I feel FP2 is gonna be the end of it. Feel free to bookmark this to prove me wrong later.

And even then, Geno was a one-off character from a one-off series that afterwards only make 1 other non-smash appearance in Superstar Saga(and not even as a character in the main game)

I sincerely doubt Square would go for Geno when they have... well... a metric **** ton of other characters to choose from.
To be fair, it's not Square's choice. If Nintendo happens to decide they want Geno, Square can either let them have him or say no and Nintendo will take their business back to their own office.

I personally don't think they'd say no since they negotiated a mii costume instead of trying to make Nintendo represent another character, but who knows. Not like it's likely now though.

I really don't get how It got to the point that a good chunk of the Smash fandom just decided that Geno is the only """fitting"""" remaining Mario character to add in Smash.

More so in a series which has cool characters such as Pauline, E.Gadd, King Bob-Omb or basically anyone from the Mario & Luigi series.
And those without going onto other Mario enemies they can easily make playable similar to Piranha Plant.

Like, one thing is saying you want Geno in Smash and another is claiming that Geno has more legacy or """deserves""" to get in Smash over other Mario characters who hold a lot of legacy on their backs.
There's still a lot of Geno fans who don't think this way, but yeah unfortunately some do. Like trying to claim he's more deserving than other characters just because he's older and stuff like that; I really dislike and don't understand the "deserving" argument in general. I remember people trying to use that against Steve smh.

Personally I'd love Geno but I'd be very happy for other Mario characters as well, like Toad, Waluigi, Goomba, etc.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just don't let him be consumed by the Satsui no Hagun.
Ryu exist in two state:

1)Fighting the Satsui no Whatever
2)Fighting other peoples

As long he can stay in the second one, we should be fiiiiiine.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I really don't get how It got to the point that a good chunk of the Smash fandom just decided that Geno is the only """fitting"""" remaining Mario character to add in Smash.

More so in a series which has cool characters such as Pauline, E.Gadd, King Bob-Omb or basically anyone from the Mario & Luigi series.
And those without going onto other Mario enemies they can easily make playable similar to Piranha Plant.

Like, one thing is saying you want Geno in Smash and another is claiming that Geno has more legacy or """deserves""" to get in Smash over other Mario characters who hold a lot of legacy on their backs.
I don't see the hype behind him tbh, I guess it's partially caused I haven't played Mario rpg. I'd much rather see Toad or Pauline or even Waluigi if he wasn't an assist. Mario has plenty of potential fighters left.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gotta love how Ryu has no sense of self-preservation. Dude just causally walks through a portal and challenges ****ing Asura to a fight just because he could.
D2SoNaSXgAAt_Wp.jpg
"When you're alone on a Saturday night, I think you would do anything to forget how pathetic your life is."

Author note: I also am alone on Saturday night, please don't kill me.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A: If they don't care about him then you'ed think they'ed be willing to ***** him out for money easy much more then any other series they own and actually care for.
B: How many times can they say no if Sakurai/Nintendo keep asking for him?
A: You'd think that...but not even character gets to gain love
B: are we even sure either side is asking about Geno as a fighter anymore? I mean...we gained Hero and Sephiroth instead of getting a singular Geno
I don't see the hype behind him tbh, I guess it's partially caused I haven't played Mario rpg. I'd much rather see Toad or Pauline or even Waluigi if he wasn't an assist. Mario has plenty of potential fighters left.
A Goomba/Koopa duo...Captain Toad and Toadette...Dr. Daisy

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
People who want Geno aren't judging on the criteria of "what should be the next Mario character", they're judging on the criteria of "what character from this old fan favorite game that gets no love in todays market should get revived".

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They will occasionally respawn on jungle dirt iirc

Now if the entire jungle gets corrupted by either hallow or the evil biome that's a different story
Thankfully SOME hallow spawned in the jungle after WoL but not enought to change it to Hallow. now I can safely bomb this place up since I know they will keep spawning. Thanks for the help(・∀・)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
K. Rool really came out of the dead for Smash, and then just promptly dipped yet again.
Isn't it a bit soon to say that?

Like I think we should wait a new DK game before calling it "Long Live the King".

And yeah, he hasn't apparear in spin-off yet, but I guess they're waiting a good occassion to bring him back to the spotlight.

D

Deleted member

If a new DK game comes out and K Rool is still MIA, then I’d be worried.
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't K Rool only been in the first two games? Coulda sworn the villians of DK Returns and Tropical Freeze were vastly different.... then again I didn't get far in either of them so who knows

Noipoi

Howdy!
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't K Rool only been in the first two games? Coulda sworn the villians of DK Returns and Tropical Freeze were vastly different.... then again I didn't get far in either of them so who knows
First 4 games, every DK game Rare made. When Rare was sold to Microsoft, Nintendo wanted to make their own villains.

IMO only the Snomads and as good as the Kremlings were.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also apparaed in that DS game and some spin-off game post-Rare era, notably Mario Super Slugger being his last appareance for a long while.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Honestly I think K Rool will come back if DK ever gets a new game, Nintendo knows how popular he is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom