• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Are there hitbox pictures in this boards?
I can't find a topic of them in the thread archive topic thingie =/

V

Smash Ace
Is Snake a character that needs a lot of practice at home or is he mostly an intellectual player and being successful depends on how smart you play?

etecoon

Smash Hero
Is Snake a character that needs a lot of practice at home or is he mostly an intellectual player and being successful depends on how smart you play?
both but more than just practicing you need to THINK, watch your replays and vids and take notes on your habits and what you can be doing better, spend time researching other characters and theorizing about matchups, experiment with stuff in training mode. snake doesn't have much that requires practice, you just need to play smarter than your opponent so preparation is more mental than making sure your spacing or timing are perfect or anything like that

Calzorz

Smash Lord
just keep training and going to tournys eventually everything will come together to make u a good snake even being smart just comes in time wehn u know wot to do in which situation

Snake is all about creativity and brains. Create strategies with nades, C4s and mines. Be smart and don't use aerials.

KAB1

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm new, and I was wondering if you could help me with momentum canceling with Snake. So I read a DI thread in the Brawl tactical forum and it said to fastfall your characters fastest aerial.

Question one: What is the best aerial to use with Snake when you're being sent vertically? I know horizontally it's back air, but I've seen some videos of Snakes doing up air when sent vertically so I'm not sure about that one.

Question two: How do you fastfall an aerial? This one is killing me; I've been practicing my DI and momentum canceling and I've noticed that when I do the back air I fly the same distance than if I airdodge, which must mean that I'm not fastfalling the aerial. But I don't know what to do. I can fastfall normally just fine of course, but when I'm flying through the air pressing down on the control stick and/or c-stick does not seem to fastfall my back air. Am I pressing something at the wrong time?

Thanks in advance. :)

etecoon

Smash Hero
fast falling is only for vertical attacks, and uair works the best for some unexplained reason. when hit horizontally air dodge is actually your best option followed by bair and then uair, bair is a good compromise if you don't quite know what direction you're going/are going towards the corner

KAB1

Smash Apprentice
But I always see Snakes do back air, not air dodge. Is it because they're usually going toward the corner, so they do the "compromise" back air like you said? Also, by what you said, you can't fastfall diagonally. If that's the case, wouldn't airdodge still be better when you're sent at diagonal trajectories?

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
Airdodge won't cancel momentum. if you know for sure you'll survive an attack, airdodging is better than using an aerial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom