• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash World Destruction Series

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Gg. I have alot to say:
The first couple games, we probably pressed buttons at thee same time, but urs hit first. And my shield would go away after diddy's 1st punch on his cstick. :/ Ugh. Really, GG. You've improved or I got worse. :/ But I've gotten alot better with my ic chain grab. :)

Advice: Well, don't use your cstick too much after you throw your banana and don't your banana very predictable. I could almost everytime tell where and when you'd throw your banana. But as I said earlier, my controller didn't respond before your banana. :/

Well, anyway, GG and you improved well and did great. :) :150:

:phone:

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the tips! I'm always looking for those...

I can give you a few tips on ICs. First, you need to get the timing down right for the midweight CGs. They were the hardest ones for me to learn, but trust me that they're the most rewarding ones. The only other thing I can think of in terms of CGs is to try and speed up the SoPo dthrow one. If I were better at button-mashing, I probably would have been able to escape it.

Outside of CGs, you just need to work on your setups and, more importantly, your approaches. I'd recommend desynced Icicle Blocks or Blizzards. ICs have a bunch of awesome approaches you can use. Oh, and why did you pick BF every time you used ICs? I would think that FD would be a better choice, since the flatter and simpler stages tend to lend themselves better to CGs and IC gameplay in general.

Last edited:

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
With who?

Im not sure i can desynch very well. Im a very begginer IC player. Today ive gotten them alot better and its different on wifi and kinda harder since the lag. :/
I havent really mained a character yet, so who do you think id be good at maining? You dont have to answer, i just dont know who fits me or not.:/

P.S./Edit: Today i played as Diddy, and i really like him sooooo, would you think he is my type of playing guy?

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Yes tran, please join! :)

You can try Diddy, but he's really tricky to main, and I'm not sure that he would fit your style. How about Lucario?

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, he just seems sort of like he'd fit your style. But main whoever you like!

And keep working on those ICs... They're very rewarding...

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Yep Diddy, apparently the direct bottom of his Dair spikes. But you'd have to be right under it, otherwise it'll send you to the side.

Last edited:

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
I don't ever see you in the areana. ??? I thought when Diddy told you about it (I read yo's convo and that's when I started getting on it), you were gonna get on it. :/
Necro is giving me a Premium from his Premium Give-Away!

:phone:

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Nah, Saturday is just the deadline for entering. Matches will be held on different days based on the players' schedules, since that was such a big problem last time.

Last edited:

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Right, today's Saturday! :)

Let's see... You are only valid as a competitor in this tournament if you posted in this thread prior to today but after my post stating that I'm redoing the tournament. Everyone who requested partnering with someone gets that partner. If you didn't request a partner, you will be assigned one. With those rules in mind, here are the stats:

Our teams are:
smashguy+necrotic
akenero+tiger15
diddy204+gothrax
blitz dash+juiceball
tran99+ruinn

Last edited:

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Good job on organizing the tournament. :)
Ruinn is in this?

Anyway,so me+Necro someday play trann99
+Ruinn?I dont think there gonna check this tournament so if you could tell them in the areana that would be great, but if you cant for some reason i will.

WAIT! Necro is banned soooooo, idk what to do...:/
uuuhhhh... wait! Could you somehow find his email or somethin? Or I could. :/
:)

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Ruinn didn't officially join, but we needed another competitor and he posted in here. If Necro was banned, then you should probably find another teammate. Do you know anyone who would want to join?

Please find them quickly, since today is supposed to be the deadline...

NinjaPikachu

Smash Apprentice
tran99 is pairing with his friend by the way (not ruinn), that's what he means when he says he's going to share a wii.

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Perfect, Ace. :)

Ninja: that changes things. :laugh: Ruinn didn't officially enter anyway, so I'm sure he won't mind...

Edit: The bracket has been updated to reflect these changes. Are there any other problems?

Top Bottom