• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hmm. I was talkin to Woz about our inducting new members policy. Basically Zeus if you want to join our crew just show up at our meeting on Sunday. You'll face off against 3 members of Woz's choosing. Each match will be best 2 outta 3. He and I will evaluate your performance in your matches. We will decide if you make the cut or not. Also the potential member does not have to actually win the matches to be inducted within the ranks of TSA. He just has to demonstrate that he is skilled. So theoretically a player could lose all 3 matches, but still be accepted into the crew because despite his losses he demonstrated an acceptable amount of skill.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Try and be there by 6, Zeus. Earlier if you want.

So guys, I'm bringing in Jason Monday. (?) Heck, I don't know how to spell his last name. His tag on smashboards is Feyd. He's out of shape, but be wary - he's possibly stronger than everyone here except me. Trust me when I say that's a fair evaluation. He might also bring a friend.

zeus15king

Smash Apprentice
Ah sorry WoZ but I cant make it this sunday, I have to go to a baptism in NY...which is gonna suck. I'll see if I can come later but I doubt it. I'll just come next time.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok my address is

826 Everts Avenue
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Good turnout. We managed to get all the active members in one meeting. I'm glad you guys were able to make it.

With that said, we didn't actually get any business done - just some talk while we were playing, but nothing set straight. That's my fault. Most of you know by now that I get distracted easily and get carried away with stupid little things. I'll be sure to control myself next time.

Now then, I might as well post what Emblem Lord and I have been discussing for the crew here. To the members, please look them over and post with any feedback you have, plus any ideas of your own. These aren't set in stone: We want the rest of the members to look at this and, hopefully, agree to what we're looking forward to.

Firstly, our in-crew tournament. This is something that will happen once every month. The rules are standard MLG rules, round robin. This is to help boost yourself into getting stronger while you're with the crew. It will also help Emblem Lord and I evaluate that growth in everyone. Please, please be there for this crew meeting. We'll let you know when we're having it.

As far as "getting stronger" goes, we'll start taping matches and possibly watch and review them, then get back to you on some tips to getting stronger. Emblem Lord and I realize that we aren't as well versed with certain characters as some of you are, so I'd like to expect everyone to help each other out as well with any tips you know. We're all here to help each other and grow as stronger players, so let's do our best to do it in that regard.

As of right now, Emblem Lord and I are fixing up the roster in terms of crew battles. Generally, crew battles consist of 4 or 5 people, the rest being alternates. Keep in mind that, in compiling this roster, we've taken into the account your skill level as well as activity in tournaments and how well you do in matchups. You need a good balance of all of these. He and I have a general idea of everyone's strengths and weaknesses, so please don't feel discouraged if you don't make the starting positions. Emblem Lord and I do not and will not tier you in terms of actual ranking - All of you are great, and we wouldn't have you in our crew if you at least didn't have what it takes. The positions we'll put you in are for strategic reasonings, and are subject to change anytime.

The positions are going to be numbered from 1-5, with 5th being the first player to start off the crew battle. Again, this is not a ranking of strength - we based it on strategy and matchups, and it can change anytime during crew battles. We won't assign positions until right before the crew battle itself. The following now is what we believe to be the general roster, in no particular order:

Starters:
WoZ
Emblem Lord
Copycat
Muz
Mud

Alternates:
Heart Break Kid
Public Enemy No. 1

I'll be sure to update the roster on the 1st page to reflect this.

As far as activity in the crew goes, we should always have at least 5 in the crew who are active that can at least fill up the spots. We know that Life > Gaming, so if for some reason you turn inactive and can't play, that's fine. You'll be placed in the inactive list. We're also all good friends here, and we all get along really well.

However, we can't keep you in the crew dawdling around in the inactive section if you don't intend to play with us again. Therefore, we're going to have to place a time limit on how long you can stay inactive. For whatever reason you're inactive will change that time limit, but the general rule of thumb is 3 months. Hopefully, that's enough time for you to get whatever it is you need to get done. If the 3 months pass by and you're still not active, we're going to have to remove you from our roster.

Now what does activity actually mean? It's a mixture of both attending any tournaments you go to and the crew meetings that we have. Emblem Lord and I are still discussing which should be of more value, but please try to make it to both anyway.

If a member who has been removed wants to join the crew again, they'll have to follow the recruitment policy below.

Next, our "recruitment" policy. We're mainly a really friendly crew, and so we'd like to say that anyone and everyone can join the crew. But as the crew is growing, we'd like to go on and see about adding some sort of policy in regards to anyone who is interested in joining.

If you know someone who you believe would be an excellent addition to the crew, please let Emblem Lord or me know. Then bring them to the next crew meeting so we can get to meet them and see how well they get along with everyone else. I'm also seeing about assigning 3 people from the crew into having matches with them and see how well they fare. This is mainly to show what kind of skill they have. Win or lose, they still have a chance of making the crew. There's also one more requirement that I'd like to add, but we haven't thought of one yet, so let's hold our thought on that, and please give us ideas yourselves if you have any. For anyone who has successfully joined the crew, I've set aside a spot for them in our roster simply called "New Recruits." They'll stay here while they hang around with us for a month or so, and then we'll decide from there where they can go in the roster. This is still a trial period for them, but once they're in, they shouldn't have any problems. Be sure to make them feel as welcome as you can.

Now, the crew meetings themselves. We're going to try to do a schedule so that we can get some things straight. Some of you have to leave early sometimes, so hopefully, this can help us out.

6:00 is when the crew meeting starts. We'll have an hour an a half where we'll play smash and relax. At 7:30, we stop and order food, then handle our business with any discussion that we need to have. We do that until the food gets there. After we eat, we go back to playing until whenever it is we have to leave.

And that's about it for now. Again, please read it over and give any sort of feedback you can. See you guys for the next meeting.

P.S. - This crew leader **** is serious business.

Mudassir

Smash Cadet
good great games guys. Hopefully i'll see you guys next sunday too.

oh woz and emblem, your hard work in getting things organized is appreciated ;)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I come from central jersey, and am in philly now. Been looking for a good crew to play with.

I wouldn't be able to make alot of meetings, but I'm sure I could get to 1 a month... So yeah, next time you have a big practie, I'd like to join ya.

btw Zues15king, what town ya in?

Muz

Smash Apprentice
good stuff woz and emblem, i'll be there next sunday again. i had a lot of fun playing everybody, i can already see improvements

i'm definitely looking forward to the "getting stronger" aspect, its actually something i've been thinking about recently. theres a lot of simple things we can do to help each others games without the need for a vcr. a couple things off the top of my head:
1)coaching-if we have a person calling a tv, that person can give the loser advice on what went wrong. this is mostly for after the match, but you can add a small amount of input during a match.
2)focused training-if you know about a technique that could help a member out, spend some time teaching it and practicing.
3)encourage-let a person know when he's doing something effective. if you're having trouble in dealing with a particular technique or strategy, encourage the other player to do it, this lets them know what things work and forces yourself to figure out ways to get around it.
4)advise-if you notice the person is getting hit by the same move/mind game again and again, let them know the best ways to avoid it.
personally, i tend to advise if i win like 3 games in a row, and occasionally give some focused training, but i need to work on encouraging good strats, especially when i'm getting my butt kicked heh.

and about the last requirement for new recruits, i have an idea. the person has to show maturity/friendliness in his behavior at tournaments and posts-its good for people to be confident in their own skills, just don't go around demeaning other people. anyway, i guess thats pretty much taken for granted but its good to let people know.

more feedback to come when i think of it

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
In addition all the matches we record will be posted in this thread for all the members to view at anytime they desire. But it's also for outside critcism by the smash community. I invite all smashers to check out our vids and give us constructive criticism. We all need any help we can get it. And it would be greatly appreciated by all of us.

Ok now about this last meeting. Good turn out guys. Great matches. That's what I like to see. We had a fun time, but as Woz said we didn't get any business done. I partially blame myself. As Woz's friend and the Second in Command of TSA it's my duty to keep us all on track and make sure we take care of the business at hand. Fear not. I won't make that mistake again.

Woz pretty much covered everything in the above post. Whatever crew business he and I discuss will be futher updated in his posts, but I will post as well if I feel like he has missed something or I feel like it's extremely relevant. I would also like to invite all members to voice your opinions as well. If you have something that you think is important or you feel strongly about then I urge you to contact us and let us know your opinions. This is a crew. Not a dictatorship. Woz and I are in charge, but we don't own TSA or any of it's members. This is a group effort. We will grow stronger together. Become better friends together. Be there for one another.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Update: It sucks, but I won't be able to make it to the meeting this Saturday. I've been given a job that I can't stray away from, so I'm entrusting Emblem Lord to handle ****. Don't be too hard on him: you know how clumsy he gets when he tries to put things together.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
WarriorofZarona said:
Update: It sucks, but I won't be able to make it to the meeting this Saturday.
Has the meeting been moved to saturday? I have off from work this saturday, so I can make it in either case.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
6/8/06 - I've decided to add a new section to the roster simply named "Pending." This lists those who have shown an interest in joining the crew, and will be evaluated at the next crew meeting. I wish the people who are in this list the best of luck, and I hope to be welcoming you in the crew soon!

Muz

Smash Apprentice
good meeting guys. **** marcel is too good, but no one can stop me and WoZ. i'm gonna post later about the ideas WoZ had

T

The_Knee

this is PE.1....yea good games and we got owned when it came to teams...but i will have revenge lol

Muz

Smash Apprentice
awesome mascot! and PE1, do you prefer PE1 or the knee now?
i have an idea for crew sigs, what do you guys think about adding something like this to everybody's sig

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5615/tsa31yn.gif

if you guys like the idea, but wanna make some changes to it, let me know, I can make it smaller, change the font, change the design or whatever

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm pretty sure that if you add too much crap to your sig, some of it will automatically be cut off.

Anyway. Official crew annoucment: The meeting can't be hosted at my house this coming Sunday. I have to write a research essay thats is due next Wednesday. Plus I'm going to go to an anime convention on the 16th, 17th, and 18th so I need that Sunday to get most of my work done. You'll have to do the meeting at someone else's house this coming Sunday. I repeat we WILL NOT BE HAVING THE CREW MEETING AT MY HOUSE ON JUNE 18TH. THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE. If you still wish to have the crew meeting you will have to do it at someone else's home.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
woz, the sig is getting screwed up because the maximum height the board displays is 125 pixels. the dancing animals are 175, and the mustache one is 150. any pic you add will get aligned to the bottom of the tallest image, which itself will get cut off so only the top 125 pixels show. anyway, try using this as your sig instead, nothing will get cut off, plus the files are smaller and quicker to download.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4414/mustache54ws.gif
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6650/dance21ik.gif

quote me to see the code.

and PE1, to get the tsa in your sig, you gotta click on your avatar on the very top of the page next to where it says "Welcome, Public NmE_#1". Then click on "Edit Signature" under the control panel on the left hand side. Then enter in this as your sig, but use [] instead of () around the img tags:
(img)http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5615/tsa31yn.gif(/img)
then save your signature, and make sure to check "Show your signature" when you make a post

Mudassir

Smash Cadet
woz what time this Sunday?

edit: this is officially the laggiest page on smash boards lol
:laugh: :) :( :embarrass :dizzy: ;) :ohwell: :mad: :confused: :p :lick: :chuckle: :urg: :psycho: :cry: :bowser: :rocket:

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Mudassir said:
edit: this is officially the laggiest page on smash boards lol
I'm posting just to add to the laggyness lol.

Edit: RaptorHawk and Sensei would like a TSA application......whyd I refer to myself in the third person. :confused:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Another official announcement: At the anime convention there will be alot of video game tournies including smash. I intend to **** any and all gamers in the following: Soul Caliber 3, Guilty Gear Isuka, Dead or Alive 4, Capcom vs. SNK 2, and of course SSBM. Which means plenty of practice for all my characters and my new secret character that I have been working on. So be prepared to face a new awesome character next time I play you guys.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
RaptorHawk and Sensei: Hot. See about coming to the meeting this Sunday.

Mud: 6 PM, as usual.

HBK: Need a ride? Let me know.

My address is 2466 Wilson Terrace, Union NJ 07083

Mudassir

Smash Cadet
awesome. I think all you gotta do is come to a meeting, show your skills, then woz and/or emblem ok's it. But you guys get my seal of approval :bigthumbu

Edit: my computer dies a little every time i reload this page

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Emblem Lord said:
Another official announcement: At the anime convention there will be alot of video game tournies including smash. I intend to **** any and all gamers in the following: Soul Caliber 3, Guilty Gear Isuka, Dead or Alive 4, Capcom vs. SNK 2, and of course SSBM. Which means plenty of practice for all my characters and my new secret character that I have been working on. So be prepared to face a new awesome character next time I play you guys.
Dear Emblem Lord:

Being good at games like Guilty Gear Isuka doesn't make you a good gamer...

It makes you a dummy.

Why?

Because Guilty Gear Isuka sucks to Holy Hell.

Sincerely,
Diem

P.S. I love you. ^_~

Top Bottom