• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
WarriorofZarona said:
RaptorHawk and Sensei: Hot. See about coming to the meeting this Sunday.

Can't make it Sunday. Fathers day. Already have plans for that day sorry. :(

Muz

Smash Apprentice
WarriorofZarona said:
Marcel, pwning nubs won't make you better.
quoted for truth!

raptorhawk and sensei both get my seal of approval also. If you cant make it out this sunday try for next, and if not maybe we can organize something on that saturday at KOTC.

i like this idea of me being the graphic designer....if any of you guys is interested in a sig, you can let me know some of your ideas and i'll see what i can do.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Who said it would make me better? I'm just doing it to to crush the dreams of aspiring gamers. ^_^ lol!
Anyway, I played some matches in Capcom vs SNK 2 today. Eh, Im still good in the game but no where near the level I used to be. So I won't do that tourney. I was ****** in Soul caliber 3 and SSBM though. Guilty Gear and DOA4 are still a maybe at this point though although I'm leaning towards no because its been sooooo long since I played Guilty Gear, and I've never actually played DOA4. Plus I heard DOA4 has a revamped fighting system so I don't want to rely on my knowledge from the previous games.

Anyway, I'm gonna win the tourney for sure as long as people don't gang up on me. Which probably will happen since its common place in FFA to gang up on the most powerful adversary. But in a way it's flattering because if they gang up on me it means they know I'm good and have no other means of defeating me.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I've got some ideas to talk about with the crew this Sunday. I know it's Father's Day, so I can understand if you can't make it. We'll talk more at the meeting.

Try to bring setups if you can. I only really have one TV and a cube right now. I know Mud/Muz can bring one if they're coming, and Copycat can possibly bring one too.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
Sensei said:
I need a cooler sig :(
Muz, make me an awesome sig plz :p
alright, let me know what ideas you have for it, or what you want in it. like for example, if you want me to make marth doing something cool, or you want an image of all the characters you play with your name flashing by, etc.

and i'll be at woz's house tomorrow, and will bring my tv/cube and some cookies!

Sensei

Smash Lord
i want two gundam kitties battling it out :chuckle:
If you can't get that, then I could have marth doing something cool and my name on it, idk, ill trust your instincts ;)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dudes, just got back from the convention. I had fun, but it could have been better. Suffice it to say I need to relieve some stress so I think smash is good medicine. Expect me down at your place Andrew around 7:30 pm. I'll see you guys later.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
great meeting guys, nearly had every active member of the crew there except PE1. what is up with marcel>muz>mud>marcel??? its some sort of vicious triangle. woz, you're getting better at being consistent with both zelda and fox, nice man. copy, you're getting better each time we play, its just hard for you to notice the improvement. i'm sorry if i was getting annoying with all my talking while we played. hbk and emblem you both can learn alot about marth from each other, both of you got different but effective styles. see you guys at KOTC, and hopefully we'll have time to play raptorhawk and sensei too(come early!)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Yep. Great stuff everyone.

For those who didn't show up, one of the things we discussed is organizing our TSA application form to be somewhat more formal, so we can get more information out of the people who wish to join. I'll make some sort of form later on, but I'd like it that, when it is made, that those listed in "Pending" please fill it out. It won't be a lot - just some general things we'd like to know about you, like who your primary/secondary characters are, maybe how long you've been playing competitively, any previous crews you've been in, and why you would like to join our crew.

We've also discussed limiting our numbers between 10-15 people, but this is yet to be debated. I've heard from Emblem Lord, Mud, and Muz about their feelings on it, but I'd like to hear some more opinions before I can make a final decision.

Mudassir

Smash Cadet
hbk good job owning me (again lol). your marth is very different from emblem's. I was doing pretty good against emblem and then i face you and its pure pwnage. Emblem's edgeguarding is top tier but he has a very diff style. Like woz says you probably have the most untapped potential of all of us.

copycat-Your shiek is improving, keep it up.
woz & emblem-stop letting me win to make me feel better lol.

I'll hopefully see most of you guys again on saturday at kotc. Its been a while since i've been to one of these so hopefully all this practicing will pay off.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Definitely make it then. KOTC misses NJ's best Bowser.

Can everyone make it to the meeting this Sunday? I'm assuming it's back at Emblem Lord's, if he stops being a ***** please.

We may be planning on having our in-crew round robin tournament at the next meeting. Sensei and Raptorhawk are still very welcome to come - I hope the trip won't be too far.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Sad to say that we had to let Ghost off the list. His summer's filled with other priorities and he has no interest in playing competitively. Good luck to you, Ghost.

I'm also afraid that dmbrandon didn't make the cut. Sorry, brandon - good luck to you as well.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
6/21/06 - I've added the Mission Statement and Recruitment section that goes over a bit of our crew and how to join. Pending applicants, please follow the regulations I've written out. Good luck!

Sensei

Smash Lord
TSA fo shizzle

****, I hate these questionaires, too much presure :urg: :psycho:
1) Uh, I like cake, cookies and other sweets, playing video games, oh and I like smash too :p
2) Not sure about this quesion, I wish this was multiple choice, hmm....uh I guess primary probably fox, falco, marth, capt falcon, sheik....and secondary :dizzy: maybe pichu and everybody else....
3) Cuz TSA is amazing, and I want to see more of WoZ's magic tricks :chuckle:
4) N/A

Muz

Smash Apprentice
public nme #1, I created a sig for you since yours seems empty with just the tsa on the left side. I hope you like it:

and this is the code you need to use, just replace the () with []
(img)http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5615/tsa31yn.gif(/img)(img)http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5964/pe12dp.gif(/img)

Next i'm working on spiffing up HBK's sig(get some animation in there hehe), if thats alright with you. And I haven't forgotten about you too Sensei, i'm still thinking of ideas for yours. and good luck on the completion of your application process. Both you and raptorhawk should let us know if you're attending this upcoming KOTC and if you plan on attending our next crew meeting to help the process.

Actually everyone who is coming to the meeting on this Sunday just make a quick post, and I'll try to print out some vs record sheets and bring some pencils so that the round robin tournament can go smoother.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
i should be able to make it this sunday, as well as KOTC, and OMG public enemy's sig is officially too good. and yes muz add graphics to mine lol. just make sure you have my marth in it, hehehe...

edit- where in the world did u get that sig of his though, if u made it then u have mad skillz muz, and he now has to post his sig at every time cause its so cool

Muz

Smash Apprentice
the animation I uploaded from a cutscene in f-zero gx, and the wanted poster I made that with a lot of editing from some template i got off the web.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Muz said:
good luck on the completion of your application process. Both you and raptorhawk should let us know if you're attending this upcoming KOTC and if you plan on attending our next crew meeting to help the process.
Wait what, is there a real application? lol. I should be attending KOTC and i should be able to go to the crew meeting as well.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
1)I have ADD, I like tacos and pretty much any food in general, I love cartoons(especially Invader Zim), im pretty much insane, but im friendly so its ok, i like playing all types of video games, but smash the most obviously, i looove music(im a music major)...i listen to all types of music but find myself listening to trance more than anything else.....have i said too much?

2) Primary: Pikachu Secondary: Everyone else? I dunno...I play too many characters

3) I want to join because I love smash and would like to smash with more people more often and you people are some of the coolest smashers i know.

4)N/A

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yes, it is.

Ok guys there will be 8 of us altogether. So with my t.v and two others that means 4 set-ups and NO WAITING! WOOT WOOT! plus with 8 us that menas we can all team evenly with no one being left out. SWEET!!! Ok, so I'm gonna need Charles to bring his t.v and his cube and the same goes for Muz, but he always brings his equipment anyway. I'll also need P.E #1 to bring his cube as well.

By the way, my girlfriend will attending this meeting so please be respectful. And don't ask her to play a match because she says she would be uncomfortable and wants to get better before she plays with us. Thank you

Sensei

Smash Lord
I might be able to come, but I wouldnt get there until around 9pm. I will consider on coming, but I want to know how long is the meeting and when do all the people leave. I don't want to get there and play for like only an hour.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The meetings last well into the night. Usually everyone leaves around 12:30 am. So getting there at 9:00 pm won't really hurt you. The thing is we want to do the ranking tourney at this meeting so please try to be there as early as possible ok?

Oh yeah, my address is

826 Everts Avenue
Scotch plains NJ 07076

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
ok then no ranking tourney. We'll just concentrate on getting the new recruits entrance matches completed. Do and Cactuar can come if they want. I'll be at work so call me on the cell if you have any futher to discuss Woz

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
6/25/06 - Congratulations to our new Recruits! I officially welcome Sensei, Do2young, and Cactuar into TSA! Getting bigger and stronger, baby!

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
WoZ wanted this filled out.

1) I'm from PA (Philly during the school year), and I started playing January, 2006 :D
2) Primary: Marth. Secondary: Fox, Mr. Game & Watch
3) Because the Asian man in WoZ's sig told me to...
4) WSFL (We Smash for Laughs), My previous crew, and the way I play. Always play the game for fun, and you will never be let down.

Also, Muz! Your sig making skills are ridiculous! Gonna have to make me one at some point. :p

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
A note for the ones who missed the meeting.

Due to the majority voting for it, we had an in-crew round robin tournament. We had 9 people participate in this one, with HBk and Raptorhawk missing. Also, until Raptorhawk comes to a meeting, he hasn't been officially recruited just yet. But the truth is, he's already in anyway. I just want to make that clear.

We're also looking into venues for holding our own tournaments. Copycat and PE. 1 may have some ideas for us. We'll let you know as time goes on.

HBK and Raptorhawk will make up for the tournament in the next meeting. It's a way for me to evaluate where everyone is against each other.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
YES I love playing with Raptorhawk.

1) Tell us a little bit about yourself
Hmm, I play JIGGLYPUFF! and i look pretty young yet im the one driving to most of the events. I live in paramus and i go to school in new brunswick / piscataway.
2) Your primary and secondary characters
primary = jigglypuff
secondary = fox, falco, sheik
3) Why you want to join
Because these are really talented and fun guys to be around that can help me get better.
4) A name of a previous crew, if applicable, that we can go to as a reference, as well as the reason why you left or were booted from the crew.
N/A

and muz, get me on aim, i want a cool sig too

Sensei

Smash Lord
Well, I got home without ending up in Mexico xP. Thanks to WoZ for the directions. TSA pwns. I won't be able to make it to the next meeting because I will be attending a ssb64 tournament on that day. However, if it finishes early and I'm not tired, I'll probably head down for another TSA meeting. Peace. Almost forgot, Cactuar is too good :p Very unique marth player.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Glad you made it back.

If you can, post that link to the tournament you were talking about tomorrow and I'll see about getting there.

Mudassir

Smash Cadet
sensei sorry i told ya we took 297, for some reason i thought we did (i guess we took it going to woz's the week before). glad to here u didnt end up in mexico :)

do, is it doyoung2win or do2young?

at the next meeting i have a proposal to better keep track of scores:
+1 point for every stock you take off your opponent
AND
+1 point for every stock you have remaining at the end

that would help w/ what woz was mentioning at the meeting. for example if woz 3 stocked everyone he would get a higher score than if emblem 1 stocked everyone. sounds like a good idea? Anyway i wouldnt call it a tournament so much as a way to keep people on their toes and get motivation to get better.

and woz has already said we will crew battle TA. wtf are you thinking man?!?! Lol anyway i think we have a good chance w/ woz, emblem, muz, sensei, cactuar, and raptor etc. next meeting will have to be serious business.

oh and woz + cactuar is broken hax lol

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
i suck shut up plz

Mud, good idea. I'll add up the points on the sheets I have now. If you guys want to know what the new totals are, I'll let you know over AIM/Phone/PM.

Also, new recruits, don't forget to add the TSA banner in your sigs. Show off the crew you're in and they'll learn to fear us, IMO.

Top Bottom