• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'm loving starcraft more and more. Before I would just play my roommate because we're on the same network, but thanks to hamachi I get to play you guys and it's awesome.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
So I have Starcraft installed, but is the only way to play everyone else online by Hamachi? I can't use that because my old computer uses Windows ME. Bleh.

Also, I'm considering officially reopening recruitment policies and properly recruiting people into the crew for the sake of those who want to play Brawl. This also means that we need more activity during meetings to help make those players who are on trial feel welcome, as it has for the older members who had that pleasure.

Speaking of meetings, let's have one sometime soon. Should we do one in Philly as proposed?

Beat

Smash Ace
Also, I'm considering officially reopening recruitment policies and properly recruiting people into the crew for the sake of those who want to play Brawl. This also means that we need more activity during meetings to help make those players who are on trial feel welcome, as it has for the older members who had that pleasure.

Speaking of meetings, let's have one sometime soon. Should we do one in Philly as proposed?
Let's think this out though. If you're gonna recruit pure Brawlers, you'd have to have some people willing to play with them at meetings. If we're gonna have meetings with 10 Melee set-ups and 1 brawl, they'd prolly be better off joining another crew.

I'm not sayin' we should promote Brawl a lot... Honestly, if the Melee scene picked up more or if I knew about more venues (too lazy to look up tournies for either game) I'd get back into the swing of things.

This post is probably just spam disguised as rational thoughts.'

Edit: Meeting in Philly?! WHEN?!

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Well, it's why I want to have a meeting with some of the core members of TSA. I need to know their opinions about the direction this crew is going. If it comes to it that we can't meet up all together like we usually do, then we can discuss it here.

As far as Brawl is concerned, I understand that most of our members aren't fond of it. I'm not fond of it myself. However, as the leader of this crew, I'd like to see if we can still create some sort of presence in the Brawl community. I honestly don't know which way that community is going - I've done my research and I've spoken with several people on this issue. Chillin, for example, says he gave Brawl a chance and ended up not liking the game anymore - given the option to pick up Brawl or drop smash all together, he's leaning towards the latter. There ARE other players who love Brawl competitively and will continue to play it, like Azen, who says he thoroughly enjoys playing Brawl more than melee. I personally haven't given Brawl a chance itself, so I will give it that chance. Who knows what'll happen?

I may end up giving TSA a Brawl section for those players who want to play this game competitively. However, I don't want this crew to feel segregated because of it. Even if our melee players wouldn't like to play Brawl, the meetings should still be just as welcoming as they've always been. The relationships created from being a part of this crew are one of the strongest driving forces we have, and I intend to keep it that way.

And yeah, Hamachi doesn't work on ME. Something about the way Hamachi opens its network that only works on XP and beyond. :(

pockyD

Smash Legend
3 hours behind on TV, yay WC

i actually miss everything starting an hour early in central time, that was the best; you could actually watch tv then do stuff afterwards

on the bright side now i can watch football and not miss other stuff

Sensei

Smash Lord
Yea heroes was amazing. I gave up watching Prison Break tonight just to watch the two hour premiere. Thank god for torrents. All these shows will be the end of me.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I would like to join TSA.

Melee:
Primary: Sheik
Secondaries: Fox, Marth

Please allow me to join the CT branch, TSA.

Top Bottom