• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
The Smashtality thread's been updated. I'll be putting in as much effort as I can into this, so I'd expect the same from all of you.

Let's finish this off with a bang.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
All right, TSA. Let's make plans for a meeting sometime before September. IT'S BEEN A WHILE, YEAH?!

Since I'll be busy this weekend, let's shoot for the weekend of August 30th. Let me know if you can make it - as far as I know, it'll be at my house. If you wish to know, it has to do with what I have in store for Brawl and Melee with the crew. Exciting!

First post updated.

JFox

Smash Hero
August 30th is a Saturday. The first ever SWAT (melee) bi-weeklies is planned to take place on this day. So I hope you mean sunday, cuz I expect everyone to be there to support a new melee event. Its in NJ, but right near the city, so most of NYC will be attending also. And I know philly has shown interest also.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
i cant come the 31st... but i can make it sat... i can get both days of the weekend off. i can only do one or the other and i already requested the 30th so if u guys want to do a meeting and go to the tourney on the same day that could work out for me... like a meeting after the tourney

pockyD

Smash Legend
fantastic

quick mini-poll - do you do one-hand high-fives with the same hand (i.e. right on right) or opposite? (right on left)

i always believed in opposite-hand, since the fingers match up and you don't get weird glancing blows that look ridiculous

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
fantastic

quick mini-poll - do you do one-hand high-fives with the same hand (i.e. right on right) or opposite? (right on left)

i always believed in opposite-hand, since the fingers match up and you don't get weird glancing blows that look ridiculous
same hand. it allows for a greater range of awesomeness in the high five. While you do get the occasional glancing blow, you also can get more force since following through isn't as awkward. Also, you can do the awesome Top Gun high five, where both people windmill their arms around and get a low five.

pockyD

Smash Legend
how is it not awkward? with same-hand, there is no way to end it directly (without transitioning into a secondary move, a la low five, etc) without looking and feeling ridiculous; seriously, slide off, bounce off, it all looks awful

opposite-hand, standard bounce-off is perfectly fine

plus, in scrubs, they do opposite-hand

finally, same-hand necessitates that you can't be doing anything else, as the cross-body action gets in the way, whereas you can do opposite-hand highfives while using the other half of your body for other activities

trademark0013

Smash Champion
All right, TSA. Let's make plans for a meeting sometime before September. IT'S BEEN A WHILE, YEAH?!

Since I'll be busy this weekend, let's shoot for the weekend of August 30th. Let me know if you can make it - as far as I know, it'll be at my house. If you wish to know, it has to do with what I have in store for Brawl and Melee with the crew. Exciting!

First post updated.
hot and heavy

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
how is it not awkward? with same-hand, there is no way to end it directly (without transitioning into a secondary move, a la low five, etc) without looking and feeling ridiculous; seriously, slide off, bounce off, it all looks awful

opposite-hand, standard bounce-off is perfectly fine

plus, in scrubs, they do opposite-hand

finally, same-hand necessitates that you can't be doing anything else, as the cross-body action gets in the way, whereas you can do opposite-hand highfives while using the other half of your body for other activities
Keep your spam in the Pittsburgh Thread.

I always use my right hand for high fives. Also, Cactus sucks at high fiving.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea so im kind of confused, i thought that at the six flags trip it was announced that woz was retiring and that tsa was disbanding.

so..... your not? lol

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I miss TSA =D

I wish I coulda went to smashtality T_T school ***** me so hard :(.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are coming out of hibernation ;) I miss you guys!

R3N0

Smash Lord
What I mean revival from our 1000 hours of slumber!
We've now awaken to take over earth!
**Power Rangers Theme**

Woz = Rita
HBK = Goldar

Top Bottom