• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Smash 4 Question and Answer Thread

Tselel (5805)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chris_Tselel
Has anyone been able to get the stage settings to reflect those in 8-player smash when using 5 or more characters, except while only using 2 characters?
The reason I ask is that the stage modifications for 8-player would allow some stages (Norfair, Pokemon Stadium, etc.) to become tournament legal.
So to restate, I'd like to get a stage select screen that looks like the one you get when using 5 or more characters, except with only 2.
It probably isn't possible without hacking, but the smash community is a tinkering bunch.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Even if it was possible via hacking- which, I guarantee that it is- that wouldn't be enough to make those stages legal. The systems brought in for tourneys are brought in by volunteers, they're not reserved or anything, and a good chunk of people wouldn't want to go through the effort to do that sort of thing (either from not understanding how it works or from not wanting to void the warranty on their Wii u).

Last edited:

Tselel (5805)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chris_Tselel
Even if it was possible via hacking- which, I guarantee that it is- that wouldn't be enough to make those stages legal. The systems brought in for tourneys are brought in by volunteers, they're not reserved or anything, and a good chunk of people wouldn't want to go through the effort to do that sort of thing (either from not understanding how it works or from not wanting to void the warranty on their Wii u).
Yeah, that's why I was hoping for a hackless way that someone might have stumbled upon.

Cooly23

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-5547-7609
I know that the sakurai is not releasing DLC for this game anymore.
But will there still be patches?
Thanks in advance :shyguy:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know that the sakurai is not releasing DLC for this game anymore.
But will there still be patches?
Thanks in advance :shyguy:
A) Patches are inherently DLC(just not paid)

B) No clue. If something super broken comes up, he likely will have one last patch to fix it. If it doesn't, no reason to do anything more.

Cooly23

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-5547-7609
A) Patches are inherently DLC(just not paid)

B) No clue. If something super broken comes up, he likely will have one last patch to fix it. If it doesn't, no reason to do anything more.
Thanks.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys get over using the X/Y buttons to jump? When I try to fully commit to X/Y as my jump button and ditch tilt jump, I feel clunky and, honestly, less maneuverable.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys get over using the X/Y buttons to jump? When I try to fully commit to X/Y as my jump button and ditch tilt jump, I feel clunky and, honestly, less maneuverable.
It honestly just takes getting used to. Just keep playing and it will eventually feel fine, that is how most others have done it.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Not sure if this question belongs here, but where could I read the SWF rules? I have seen that term being used several times, but I couldn't find the rules anywhere.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not sure if this question belongs here, but where could I read the SWF rules? I have seen that term being used several times, but I couldn't find the rules anywhere.
They're at the bottom of every forum page. "Terms and Rules" way down below.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi guys,

It's not so related to Smash 4 overall, but I did have a little problem lately. I decided on what Smash games I want to focus on. It turns out that Project M and Smash 4 are the only Smash games that has all these three things:
1) Do I like the mechanics of the game and do I feel comfortable with the game in general?
2) Do I like the overall presentation and content of the game?
3) Do I like how the metagame goes? Is it always fresh, character variety in tournaments, no one broken, not stale?
So I only wanted to play these two games competitively. That's one step done.

My second step is choosing characters. I do have a problem with numbers of characters for each game. I decided that I wanted to focus more on Smash 4 than PM, because I feel more comfortable in that game. Plus, the characters are so unique that it's simply the best roster in the entire series and it's okay in terms of balance (but not as much as PM). Which option is better for you guys:
1) Having two characters each in Project M and Smash 4?
2) Having two characters in Smash 4, but only one character in Project M?

Thanks! I would greatly appreciate it if someone can answer this question in bold.

Last edited:

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys,

It's not so related to Smash 4 overall, but I did have a little problem lately. I decided on what Smash games I want to focus on. It turns out that Project M and Smash 4 are the only Smash games that has all these three things:
1) Do I like the mechanics of the game and do I feel comfortable with the game in general?
2) Do I like the overall presentation and content of the game?
3) Do I like how the metagame goes? Is it always fresh, character variety in tournaments, no one broken, not stale?
So I only wanted to play these two games competitively. That's one step done.

My second step is choosing characters. I do have a problem with numbers of characters for each game. I decided that I wanted to focus more on Smash 4 than PM, because I feel more comfortable in that game. Plus, the characters are so unique that it's simply the best roster in the entire series and it's okay in terms of balance (but not as much as PM). Which option is better for you guys:
1) Having two characters each in Project M and Smash 4?
2) Having two characters in Smash 4, but only one character in Project M?

Thanks! I would greatly appreciate it if someone can answer this question in bold.
At a higher level, PM tends to be very matchup dependent, you should definitely have at least two characters in PM, maybe even more.

Kulty

Smash Ace
At a higher level, PM tends to be very matchup dependent, you should definitely have at least two characters in PM, maybe even more.
Okay I see. Like I said, I plan to focus more on Smash 4, but I guess that two is fine for each game. It can help me have a better matchup knowledge and have more fun in both games. However, the payoff is that I have a lot more characters to learn, more time spent on playing the characters. However, I guess it might not be too bad... It's better to pick a character that's very different from your main's playstyle right?

EDIT: I personally feel that two characters is enough to handle almost all MUs in PM. I think that three characters can hurt development, but that's just me. Some people will say from 1 to 3 characters. The better balance between competitive and fun is 2 characters imo.

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
For the most part you want to have a secondary to cover matchups your main has a hard time with, so yeah.
What about Marth in PM? People in the PM boards said that Marth is generally solo viable and that I don't need a secondary to back him up. His matchup spread may be a little bit worst than in Melee, but Marth is that type of character that doesn't have any unwinnable MUs against the rest of the cast even though he struggles against some characters. Am I making any sense? If you would think of a secondary, who can back him up? I'm more interested in:warioc::wolf::snake::sonic:so far (I might drop the four or add some characters, but it's less likely to happen).

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
What about Marth in PM? People in the PM boards said that Marth is generally solo viable and that I don't need a secondary to back him up. His matchup spread may be a little bit worst than in Melee, but Marth is that type of character that doesn't have any unwinnable MUs against the rest of the cast even though he struggles against some characters. Am I making any sense? If you would think of a secondary, who can back him up? I'm more interested in:warioc::wolf::snake::sonic:so far (I might drop the four or add some characters, but it's less likely to happen).
You can solo Marth and do well, he has a good matchup spread. As far as a secondary, wolf or sonic would be good but it is up to what you find more comfortable.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Hello! I didn't feel like this question was worthy of a thread, so I'll just ask it here:
Is there a place where people can look at the hitbox placements of every move in smash 4? Here's an example.

Thanks!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
So, I'm in a bit of a situation with this game: I'm too salty. There are times when I know I want to play the game, but more often than not, I end up a miserable, salty mess after all is said and done. Even when I'm just casually messing around in FFAs with items on, I'll eventually get overly salty for some reason or another. From what I can tell, it basically comes from me taking the game too seriously and beating myself up over common and/or stupid mistakes, and it's a seriously unhealthy habit that I'm having a hard time trying to break. My mindset has led me to adopt an extreme inferiority complex and believe that the only winning move is not to play at all, but no matter how much I may want to quit, I will, inevitably, pick up the game again, most likely out of boredom or because my friends are playing. The worst part is that I don't know when to quit, either; I don't stop when I'm having fun because, well, I'm having fun, but I also don't want to stop when I'm not having fun because I don't want to end on such a sour note, holding onto some vacant hope that at some point, I'll magically start having fun again when in reality, the best option at that point is to just stop playing, although my friends then accuse me of "ragequitting."
I guess the question I'm really trying to ask is this: what are some effective ways to minimize salt and "force" myself to take a more level-headed, less serious approach? This is starting to become a major problem not only for me, but my friends as well, who also play Smash and are really getting fed up with my ****. Not to mention, this mindset is pretty much preventing me from improving.

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
So I've just gotten around to downloading the update. I bought Corrin, Bayonetta, and Mewtwo from the eShop and had to restart the game in order to update it. Now weird things are happening so I need help.

When I try to launch the update, the system says it requires 1622 MB freed up in the console's system memory to install. I went to the data management, and I have:
- Netflix (25 MB)
- YouTube (45 MB)
- Amazon Instant Video (9890 KB)
- Hulu Plus (9953 KB)
- Pikmin 3 (381 MB)
- Scribblenauts Unlimited and Super Mario 3D Land (both combined a little over 50 MB)
--- Super Smash Bros (1926 MB)
- (896 MB of free space)

I inserted a USB drive that has at least 3000 MB and moved nearly everything, but without moving Smash, that only frees up about 521 MB worth of space. I really want to be able to play Smash again with my friends, so I really need help to install this update. Thanks to anyone who can help.

EDIT: Sending a PM would be nice.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hello! I didn't feel like this question was worthy of a thread, so I'll just ask it here:
Is there a place where people can look at the hitbox placements of every move in smash 4? Here's an example.

Thanks!
Currently, no. The best we've got is data dumps, but
  1. Those aren't pictures.
  2. That requires being able to read and understand the data and apply it to frames.
  3. If you aren't able to dump the game files yourself, the most up-to-date public data dump is for 1.1.1, so it's missing several DLC characters and some of the data is out-of-date. A decent chunk of things are mislabeled too.
basically, unless you can read this:
Code:
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=26)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=8, Unknown=0x50, Unknown=0x4A, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=12, Unknown=0, Unknown=6, Unknown=11, Unknown=0x12, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=8, Unknown=0x50, Unknown=0x4A, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=12, Unknown=0, Unknown=6, Unknown=-11, Unknown=0x12, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=27)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=8, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=0x44, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=8, Unknown=0, Unknown=21, Unknown=11, Unknown=0x12, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=8, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=0x44, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=8, Unknown=0, Unknown=21, Unknown=-11, Unknown=0x12, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=31)
Remove_All_Hitboxes()
Script_End()
and understand that it makes this:

then the answer is no.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Currently, no. The best we've got is data dumps, but
  1. Those aren't pictures.
  2. That requires being able to read and understand the data and apply it to frames.
  3. If you aren't able to dump the game files yourself, the most up-to-date public data dump is for 1.1.1, so it's missing several DLC characters and some of the data is out-of-date. A decent chunk of things are mislabeled too.
basically, unless you can read this:
Code:
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=26)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=8, Unknown=0x50, Unknown=0x4A, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=12, Unknown=0, Unknown=6, Unknown=11, Unknown=0x12, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=8, Unknown=0x50, Unknown=0x4A, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=12, Unknown=0, Unknown=6, Unknown=-11, Unknown=0x12, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=27)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=8, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=0x44, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=8, Unknown=0, Unknown=21, Unknown=11, Unknown=0x12, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Special_Hitbox(Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=8, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=0x44, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x5A, Unknown=8, Unknown=0, Unknown=21, Unknown=-11, Unknown=0x12, Unknown=0, Unknown=1, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x9, Unknown=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=31)
Remove_All_Hitboxes()
Script_End()
and understand that it makes this:

then the answer is no.
Alright. Thanks!

Cooly23

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-5547-7609
So, I'm in a bit of a situation with this game: I'm too salty. There are times when I know I want to play the game, but more often than not, I end up a miserable, salty mess after all is said and done. Even when I'm just casually messing around in FFAs with items on, I'll eventually get overly salty for some reason or another. From what I can tell, it basically comes from me taking the game too seriously and beating myself up over common and/or stupid mistakes, and it's a seriously unhealthy habit that I'm having a hard time trying to break. My mindset has led me to adopt an extreme inferiority complex and believe that the only winning move is not to play at all, but no matter how much I may want to quit, I will, inevitably, pick up the game again, most likely out of boredom or because my friends are playing. The worst part is that I don't know when to quit, either; I don't stop when I'm having fun because, well, I'm having fun, but I also don't want to stop when I'm not having fun because I don't want to end on such a sour note, holding onto some vacant hope that at some point, I'll magically start having fun again when in reality, the best option at that point is to just stop playing.
I guess the question I'm really trying to ask is this: what are some effective ways to minimize salt and "force" myself to take a more level-headed, less serious approach? This is starting to become a major problem not only for me, but my friends as well, who also play Smash and are really getting fed up with my ****. Not to mention, this mindset is pretty much preventing me from improving.
My best advice is having your friend lock your copy of smash bros in a safe for a month and play a different game.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My best advice is having your friend lock your copy of smash bros in a safe for a month and play a different game.
Honestly, I've thought a little of maybe "destroying" my copy of Sm4sh, at least for a little while. Of course, the problem with that plan is that I do still want to be able to play the game, if only because my friends do pretty much every day.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
What exactly changes about a throw if it's weight dependent? What's the difference between using a weight dependent throw on :4jigglypuff: compared to say :4dk:?

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
What exactly changes about a throw if it's weight dependent? What's the difference between using a weight dependent throw on :4jigglypuff: compared to say :4dk:?
Fallspeed factors pretty heavily into knockback alongside weight, which can affect angles for horizontal knockback and actually affect how much you take for vertically-launching moves. A good example of this would be Dedede dying later than bowser to vertical kill moves; while Bowser is technically heavier, Dedede falls quite a bit faster while also being quite hefty himself.

If a move is weight-independent, that just means it ignores weight as a factor and leaves fallspeed to determine all of this. For your example with puff and dk, puff would get sent farther because of her lower weight, a fact which would be further exemplified if the throw sent the character upwards.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Simply put, it means heavier characters = more endlag.

Luigi's dthrow takes something like 10 extra frames when he dthrows :4dk: versus :4jigglypuff:.

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
I've been having a lot of issues lately, and I'm starting to believe I'm beginning to become toxic to others, which I want to avoid.

When I've lost a game, set, or anything I tend to believe that a better option was there and I proceed to call myself a failure for doing something so stupid, or even SD for that matter.

Sure, I'm helpful, but everything just turns into my own failure in the end. How do I stop this? And before you say "git gud" or "look at your replays"...

1) I don't care, and I hate that type of talk.
2) I can't see what's wrong, nor can I upload them to YT without them coming out jnaudible.

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
I've been having a lot of issues lately, and I'm starting to believe I'm beginning to become toxic to others, which I want to avoid.

When I've lost a game, set, or anything I tend to believe that a better option was there and I proceed to call myself a failure for doing something so stupid, or even SD for that matter.

Sure, I'm helpful, but everything just turns into my own failure in the end. How do I stop this? And before you say "git gud" or "look at your replays"...

1) I don't care, and I hate that type of talk.
2) I can't see what's wrong, nor can I upload them to YT without them coming out jnaudible.
When you lose a game, set, or match, of course there's better options; you lost. And, in that context, you are a failure... However, technically speaking you are only a failure for that game, set, or match. All future games start off on a blank slate, you can succeed or fail just like any other game.

So, you were a failure, but that doesn't mean you're going to be a failure again. With that in mind, the ways I can think of to stop your habit is:

1) Slow down and analyze your gameplay. For example, if you SD because you didn't know you lost your double jump, then be sure to pay closer attention to your double jump usage.
2) Relax, losing isn't the end of the world. In fact, losing is better than winning for the sake of improvement, because you know something is wrong.
3) Develop a deeper awareness of the game. When people tell you to "git gud" or "look at replays" it's because practice and critical reflection are what good players do on a consistent basis... At the very least watch character-specific videos or go visit the character boards. You'll learn a lot.
4) Focus. Drop the attitude and pick up Smash.

That's all I got for now; I hope this helps!

Last edited:

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Found out crouch cancelling is a thing in ssb4, you can check the wiki.
I'm wondering:
- Does it have any real potential?
- Does it deserve a thread? (I'm thinking about making one if it could actually be helpful)

Started thinking about it when I saw this:
http://smashboards.com/threads/falcon-can-render-bayonettas-grounded-side-b-useless.431833/
There isn't as much use as in Melee, but may help in some situations, however due to the fact that shield is a pretty good option, the damage taken is usually not worth it, I don't think most would care for it's own thread, but you can give it a shot, or ask a mod.

Mattshark

Smash Rookie
When someone is being grabbed and is hit/damaged by something other than the grabbing player, what factors determine if he gets hit away (out of the grab) because of it? Because with most moves or thrown items, the player gets knocked out of the grab, but some attacks won't change the fact he's stuck...

I already know it isn't percent damage, since throwing a ray gun for %9 didn't free him while Yoshi's first jab at %3 did...

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
Well, I'm back here again, but...

I still can't shrug off the thinking that each game turns out horribly, win or lose, since I see so many things I did wrong. Even the things I try now come out horrible and are bad. Am I just regressing every time now and eventually will have to learn everything again? Because it's starting to look that way...

And because I'm out in the middle of nowhere and don't have people who live nearby(like people who are so close in Gwinnett and Atlanta) I have nobody. Absolutely nobody. To play offline with.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
So a buddy of mine is asking me to help out with recruitment for our new crew. Can I look anywhere specific to potentially find people around our level, or would I just have to ask around?

(specifying Smashboards, by the way. Anther's apparently hasn't been working out so far.)

Kulty

Smash Ace
How many characters would you recommend for matchups and counterpicks for PM? I might consider other characters (bet.:bowser2::snake::wolf::sonic::warioc::diddy::ike::falcon::lucario::ganondorf::mario2::luigi2::roypm:) when playing PM alongside:marth:.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
How many characters would you recommend for matchups and counterpicks for PM? I might consider other characters (bet.:bowser2::snake::wolf::sonic::warioc::diddy::ike::falcon::lucario::ganondorf::mario2::luigi2::roypm:) when playing PM alongside:marth:.
I would stick with three tops until you are good enough to pick up another. I do not play the game, just watch it so I may not be the best person to ask.

Kulty

Smash Ace
I would stick with three tops until you are good enough to pick up another. I do not play the game, just watch it so I may not be the best person to ask.
Is only two characters fine? I know that people in PM ideally focus on one or two characters in high levels of play. I'm still not comfortable at using more than one character for now. Plus, I focus more on Smash 4. I play two in Smash 4 and only one in PM.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Is only two characters fine? I know that people in PM ideally focus on one or two characters in high levels of play. I'm still not comfortable at using more than one character for now. Plus, I focus more on Smash 4. I play two in Smash 4 and only one in PM.
Two should work fine in Sm4sh and PM if the matchup spread is good.

Super___Sonico

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I just discovered this technique through My Smash Corner but I still struggle to get the "bounce" portion off.

I'm using Yoshi and I'm trying to Wave Bounce the Egg Lay and I only got it 2 times on 1/4 speed.

Seeing as I still struggle even in 1/4 speed to get it consistently, I figured I'd come here asking for help from the community.

Is there a certain frame you need to input the other way on? Does the control stick need to return to neutral before I input the other direction?

I know the basic concept but I am still struggling in practice. Please help!

Last edited:
Top Bottom