• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
also, sorry for the double post. Im kinda laggy atm.

One of the PSD has unfortunately corrupted, and the only backup it had was the .png file of the progress. So 40% of the psd will not be editable. Also lucky that the .png was the 4x bigger variant as well, so I can easily remake pen traces.

If anyone wants to look at the corrupted copy in hopes of restoring everything, contact me at your earliest taco tuesday.

Last edited:

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Is the project going to add Pichu? :3

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Are there even any good Project M pichu mods? Everything I've seen has been kinda sub-par.
There are actually quite a few good Pichu mods I've found both PSAs and Costumes, you just gotta look for them. There's even a PSA where it's over Pikachu as an alt and even does damage to itself but I think it's only PM 3.5

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
I used the Masked Man Claus texture for Lucas here, but the game crashes whenever that costume picks up a metal box or is in metal mode...

TEMVSL

Smash Apprentice

After being imprisoned in the sage chamber for 100 years, we are finally proud to reveal that Ganondorf has broken the seal.
Ganondorf, Gerudo King of The Thieves, it's finally ready to kick ass in Smash 3C Style, with new sexy textures, sexy renders, new specs and more, now your disrespect will be even more sexy!

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say that Ganondorf was the most difficult project our core team has worked on. If you've looked at Ganondorf's textures, you'd know there's a lot going on. Temvsl alone probably spent three months texturing and retexturing him. I'm not sure how many times he restarted him, but I watched him get better as a texturer and slowly kill himself doing so. We spent the past week revamping him yet again, and we've settled on what he looks like now. Layell has helped me with the overhaul and renders, and as always, Aghanim has been there to fix everything when something invariably goes wrong. I'm proud of my bros, and I hope everyone will have a chance to try him out in game, but make sure to check the imgur album if you can't download him right away.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Dorf has been a huge accomplishment, worse yet was us trying to get him just right. We've had him sitting around for so long because of the hair alone.

I'm immensely proud of this, even though I probably played the smallest part, making a new rimlight (which Aghanim fixed for one shader), figuring out team colours (Purple is now 50% more Vaati than ever), and some rendering fixes. Where normally I am one of the guys who does the most texturing, I didn't do much of that here, how about that.

Thank you ledgerewskie ledgerewskie for bearing with me during the two brutal renders, thanks for not giving up on the PM render. I hope you don't quit on me for our next few characters coming.

Aghanim Aghanim also did a ton of great vertex and model fixing work here, getting this right and fixed up. Ganondorf hasn't looked better.

Last but not least TEMVSL TEMVSL deserves so much of the credit here, for this huge undertaking. Currently this texture has probably the most layers for a single image, we'll have to see if I can beat him with something coming eventually...

Special thanks to those others who provided moral support and kept it up with jokes and feedback in our private chat during all of this. This goes not only for Ganondorf but every darn character we pull out together. May the year 2016 be the year of S3 textures.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
inb4 his face is just Dio's Face.
you tought it was Dio
BUT IT WAS ONE WARLOCK PUNCH MAN!
He's Definitely Caped but not baldy at all...
(hint: search for One Punch Man and you will understand)

ALSO GANONDORF RELEASE HYPE! It really took so long to vertex to cover his holes (and those were really alot!) and get the spec right but after a long wait we are finally proud to announce his release!
ledgerewskie ledgerewskie and Layell Layell did such a good job on the render, his recolors and for the ingame testing. Ledge also spent some time on fixing his initial golssy textures, he redid some parts of his face and he also pointed out that the specs and rilimlighting were broken so kudos to them. TEMVSL TEMVSL did really a good job on his first textures and everything else, if he looks so hot atm we should only thank him, his textures are so good and fit our style alot.
I would like to really thank you guys who worked on Ganon, You did a good job!

Thank you for those reports. Really thank you, I appreciate those.
So I've fixed the problems listed there and updated some other stuff.

GI Lucario, has got the metal fixes he needed and some rimlighing texture matrix fixed:

Marth, Giga Dry Bowser, Masked Man and BetaKnight got their metals fixed:

Mirror Ocarina of Time Link got rimlighting fixed on the shield and on the gauntlets:

Jet Set Sonic got some cull settings fixed for his shades:

Wii Rob got a shine on his head and a more strong blue led light:

Doctor Mario has been vertexed to cover small holes and a spec texture matrix has been fixed:

Enjoy those fixes and ofc the new OoT Ganon!

Last edited:

TEMVSL

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf was a big challenge for the whole team, and for me, i hate to texture armored characters, and ganondorf stressed me a lot, all i want to say is thanks for being patient, almost 4 or 5 months of work on him, i didn't expected him to be released in 2016, that was supposed to be a joke, lol. Thanks Aghanim, Layell, Ledge, for helping me with this beast, and also, thanks Crixler for your cabbages. Enjoy One warlock punch Man! (sorry if there are any grammar errors)
saitamaDorf.png

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You guys should be extremely proud of yourselves. Ganon looks awesome and fits perfectly with the other members of 3/3C, esepcially from Ocarina of Time. The progress is especially evident if you look back at previous teasers.

BeyondBDS

Smash Cadet
OoT Ganon is absolutely smexy and had been worth the wait. The only small thing I noticed is that he has extra spec mapping on the back of his collar for two of those yellow... Symbol things that aren't there on the base texture. On mobile right now but if need be I can take a pic of it later on to show what I mean.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

After being imprisoned in the sage chamber for 100 years, we are finally proud to reveal that Ganondorf has broken the seal.
Ganondorf, Gerudo King of The Thieves, it's finally ready to kick *** in Smash 3C Style, with new sexy textures, sexy renders, new specs and more, now your disrespect will be even more sexy!

awesome, getting it now.

Top Bottom