• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

After being imprisoned in the sage chamber for 100 years, we are finally proud to reveal that Ganondorf has broken the seal.
Ganondorf, Gerudo King of The Thieves, it's finally ready to kick *** in Smash 3C Style, with new sexy textures, sexy renders, new specs and more, now your disrespect will be even more sexy!

AHH! OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL! IT LOOKS SO GOOD!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Before anyone asks, No, there are no alts included and I don't think I ever plan to do them
Edit: He's also not rimlit for the bug that causes his Racket to always be visible

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Before anyone asks, No, there are no alts included and I don't think I ever plan to do them
Edit: He's also not rimlit for the bug that causes his Racket to always be visible
I'm sure that others will use your base to make the other alts if they choose

What's this bug you're referring to?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I'm not exactly what the bug is or how to fix it but it causes his racket to always be visible even when it's not supposed to be
Does this only happen when rimlit, or is the whole PSA affected by it? Either way that's really strange. I would ask KJP about it; maybe they can patch it.

Obskore

Smash Ace
So you say no but they are
Roy was made originally by the first Smash 3 team since the beginning, Smash 3C does alternative mods to those of the original Smash 3 goals, such as the original Brawl models like Marth and Samus, or adopting the PM Mewtwo model while original Smash 3 turns it down for a newer-looking Mewtwo. also, this is not a game in essence, just a pack of skins, to keep it short :0

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I still think you could improve his textures some, so I wouldn't rush it out too soon. As for not doing alts, why not do some recolors then? You could post the rimlit .pac to see if someone can help identify the problem, too.

Huh. Certainly the mechanics of the PSA are unchanged but still it's a strange issue. I think rimlighting is something that you should still aim to do. ledgerewskie ledgerewskie Didn't you run into something like this with Link?
The only thing I can think of being weird was Mario Kart R.O.B.'s shield glitch when he was rimlit.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Will there be a smash 3c donkey kong and diddy kong?

More seriously I'm sure there will be some alternate costumes for those after the Smash 3 Project will release their models, *Cough* Boxing DK *Cough* but no, at the moment we aren't planning to do Diddy Kong or Donkey Kong since those are being handled by the Smash 3 Team and it would be out of the scope of our project, which is to continue the work that the Smash 3 project is doing and handling the chars that won't get a Smash 3 style overhaul. I would also suggest to read the OP a bit and check what our goals are.

Idk if it's just my wii, but the Masked Man Claus Alt for commander Lucas still crashes in metal mode
I'm sorry that I haven't noticed that sooner, I had to upadate lots of files that I forgot the masked man one. It's fixed now! Thanks for pointing out that again.

It only happens when it's rimlit and it doesn't affect the PSA at all
that's probably a material issue (so I would suggest to try to change the material cull settings or to swap the material completely with another one) or it could be a visibility bone change like Draco_The Draco_The ipotized. I'm pretty sure it isn't a bone related issue; when we have a bugged ThrowN bone rig we could encounter grab/thrown glitches.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Thank you all for trying to help me, I appreciate it. Here is what I have about Waluigi:
1. Draco_The Draco_The No, no visibility bones were changed
2. ledgerewskie ledgerewskie I am including some recolors based on the Mario Bros. and Wario and I'll upload the .pac soon to see if anyone can help with it
3. Aghanim Aghanim I'l try this and might as add that whenever I use a side throw the character is out of position (not in Waluigi's hand)
Edit: I'm also reworking on the textures, the main part that needs retexturing is the undershirt

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Hype is real!!
When is the smash 3 update coming out?
In the year 20XX... For real though we're not sure about the release date yet. We'll basically release it when it's ready but we'll give a heads up for when release day comes close.

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Uh what game, PM or Brawl, or random hack 2000? This will help us a bit here.
Well, I did some messing around afterwards; it's in Project M, doesn't appear to be the models themselves, I straight up removed them and still froze; so it appeared to be the CSPs. Just now I replaced the first CSP with a rando one and still got a froze. Checked in Brawlbox to make sure the file sizes weren't too big and they weren't. I do have cBliss in here to get 10 costume slots, but I reduced it to 6 and still got a freeze; unless cBliss just can't be there at all.

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Well, I did some messing around afterwards; it's in Project M, doesn't appear to be the models themselves, I straight up removed them and still froze; so it appeared to be the CSPs. Just now I replaced the first CSP with a rando one and still got a froze. Checked in Brawlbox to make sure the file sizes weren't too big and they weren't. I do have cBliss in here to get 10 costume slots, but I reduced it to 6 and still got a freeze; unless cBliss just can't be there at all.
Perhaps you accidentally put something in Jigglypuff's folder that isn't labeled "FitPurinXX.pac".

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Redownload? Also, don't paste over existing files.
I removed all the FitPurin files that aren't suppose to be there, got rid of cBliss code, etc etc, and it still freezes puff.

Okay, I've kept messing around and -somehow- my sc_SelCharacter.pac file is corrupted in such a way that Jigglypuff just won't load, no matter what CSPs are there. I'm just going to redo that file.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I removed all the FitPurin files that aren't suppose to be there, got rid of cBliss code, etc etc, and it still freezes puff.

Okay, I've kept messing around and -somehow- my sc_SelCharacter.pac file is corrupted in such a way that Jigglypuff just won't load, no matter what CSPs are there. I'm just going to redo that file.
It freezes at the select screen or freezes in a battle? If battle, check your BPs.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

It sounds like you made your sc_selcharacter.pac too large. Since you're using cbliss with 10 slots, you'll need to make sure nearly all of the CSPs are CMPR and not CI8. Most of PM's are already CMPR, but characters like Olimar use CI8 to preserve the alphatransparency on his helmet.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
It sounds like you made your sc_selcharacter.pac too large. Since you're using cbliss with 10 slots, you'll need to make sure nearly all of the CSPs are CMPR and not CI8. Most of PM's are already CMPR, but characters like Olimar use CI8 to preserve the alphatransparency on his helmet.
Alot of my csps are CI8 but it doesn't crash.. Weird.
I wish i could make all of them CI8 without crashing though, i want some good quality CSPs..

Top Bottom