• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
is it me or are the new Smash 3C Samus alts lacking the glowing spots? (visors, chest lights, red spots on Dark Suit)
edit: Smash*, not Smas
Yeah unfortunately adding rimlighting to the PMDT glowly lights shaders/materials results in a pitch black colored material that's why I had to change the materials completely (I did the same thing for the WII Rob blue led). If I can find a way to make the materials work with rimlighting I will update the Smash 3C samuses zips.

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
We can look at making them glow more, thanks.

Criticism is helpful, and I don't mind it. If I seemed defensive, it wasn't about that.

Anyway, since my renders were a huge success, here are some matching CSPs for PM's Retro Suit Samus, and a costume I've been using in my build for several versions, Nano's PED Suit Samus.

That PED suit is beautiful.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Smash 3C OoT Ganondorf is now released! You ready to start working on Phantom Ganon?

if we didn't included him it's because we didn't wanted to spent more time on ganondorf as we allready did. Maybe we might in the future but not now. Please read the OP; it only takes 5 minutes and please, refrain for asking about any requests. We don't want this thread to become a request tread!

Last edited:

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8

if we didn't included him it's because we didn't wanted to spent more time on ganondorf as we allready did. Maybe in the future we might. Please read the OP; it only takes 5 minutes and please, refrain for asking about any requests. We don't want this thread to become a request tread!
Edit: Sorry *derp* :p

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes

if we didn't included him it's because we didn't wanted to spent more time on ganondorf as we allready did. Maybe we might in the future but not now. Please read the OP; it only takes 5 minutes and please, refrain for asking about any requests. We don't want this thread to become a request tread!
No requests. Got it. However...
Please use the right photo.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
is it me or are the new Smash 3C Samus alts lacking the glowing spots? (visors, chest lights, red spots on Dark Suit)
edit: Smash*, not Smas
My friend I think you're on to something... if lights are added to the models maybe they would "pop" more in game and in the high-def renders. :)

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
My friend I think you're on to something... if lights are added to the models maybe they would "pop" more in game and in the high-def renders. :)
I don't think that's the case; the renders handles the textures in a different way than brawl does, with blender I can't use rimlighting for renders (but I might be wrong, I'm not that experienced with rendering stuff and when I did never had to choose/edit shaders or materials) but I'm pretty sure that we aren't using shaders/materials like we do with brawl .pacs so that's definitely an unrelated thing.
Then again, if someone can get the PMDT neon lights shaders work with rimlighting, PM me!

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I can only vaguely grasp the material and shader stuff being discussed, but Nano managed these:
PM left, S3C right.

I'm probably wrong, but my guess is that using the same format/settings/style/rules as every other S3C render just won't do for the light suit. As for what makes it a blinding light bulb in game, I've not enough knowledge to make a conjecture.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I don't think that's the case; the renders handles the textures in a different way than brawl does, with blender I can't use rimlighting for renders (but I might be wrong, I'm not that experienced with rendering stuff and when I did never had to choose/edit shaders or materials) but I'm pretty sure that we aren't using shaders/materials like we do with brawl .pacs so that's definitely an unrelated thing.
Then again, if someone can get the PMDT neon lights shaders work with rimlighting, PM me!
What models are affected with the neon lights? If I got Ridley to work while keeping the other spec texture (before Bagan added rimlight to the model by default), maybe I can do this as well...

I can only vaguely grasp the material and shader stuff being discussed, but Nano managed these:
PM left, S3C right.

I'm probably wrong, but my guess is that using the same format/settings/style/rules as every other S3C render just won't do for the light suit. As for what makes it a blinding light bulb in game, I've not enough knowledge to make a conjecture.
IIRC somewhere in the Rimlight process, the materials on the base stage and the rimlight stage have to be set to "multiply by 2" in their properties (don't remember exactly, but its muscle memory to me) within the shaders being rimlit. Maybe if we set it to only multiply by 1 on the base stage, it won't be so blinding. White is already a bright color and it's very hard to make it mesh well without overpowering other details, so kudos to the Smash 3C team in their valiant efforts with the bonus suits from Project M.

Last edited:

TPW_ThatOneGuy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerry-ThatOneGuy
3DS FC
3239-4044-4959
Not to derail the current conversation at hand, but I just noticed that Kirby isn't actually rimlit in-game, nor in BrawlBox. He has the Edge texture in his TextureData[0].brres, though. Not sure if this was intentional, given that his hats aren't finished yet.

Last edited:

Stevie Jayrep

Smash Cadet
PM left, S3C right.

I'm pretty sure the right one is the melee remastered one by Algeorgeromo. He hasn't done any S3 samus unless I am mistaken.

Obskore

Smash Ace
PM left, S3C right.

those look like 90's CGI because of the shiny effects, mostly remind me of early Killer Instinct render art

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
(This is pretty off topic but it's reay important to me and we get pretty off topic here anyways)
Has anyone encounted this problem and have it fixed? Javascript is enabled but on Brawl Vault is doesn't work and can't submit anything but it says "Enable Javascript to Submit"

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I know that requests are forbidden here, but i was wondering if some csps for OoT Link's Mirror shield could be made for his recolors.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Well... usually when a character T-poses it's either a flub in importing other objects onto it or a psa issue. In our case it has something to do with the model. So on Smash 3C Brawl Sonic, does this happen on all costumes or only certain ones?

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Well... usually when a character T-poses it's either a flub in importing other objects onto it or a psa issue. In our case it has something to do with the model. So on Smash 3C Brawl Sonic, does this happen on all costumes or only certain ones?
Apparently, it's not the model.
Tried it with the original 3.6 moveset, no t-pose.
Tried it with SFX and Motion moveset, there's T-Pose!
So its actually the psa itself.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Apparently, it's not the model.
Tried it with the original 3.6 moveset, no t-pose.
Tried it with SFX and Motion moveset, there's T-Pose!
So its actually the psa itself.
Looks like we got ourselves psa glitch then. So the SFX and the Motion set are from the Smash 3C pack?

Top Bottom