• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Still not 3.5 compatible?
Nope, but you can still get a good deal of the textures in with no problem using some manual file-sifting. The main things to look out for is characters like Mario and Yoshi, as they have a few interesting bugs relating to Doc's cape colors (and something I can't quite explain with yoshi), and just PM costume and scripting magic in general. If you know how or find the rimlighting guide and brawlbox, you could also rimlight the PM set with the edge texture added to the directory and import the Smash3 textures over the defaults.

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Nope, but you can still get a good deal of the textures in with no problem using some manual file-sifting. The main things to look out for is characters like Mario and Yoshi, as they have a few interesting bugs relating to Doc's cape colors (and something I can't quite explain with yoshi), and just PM costume and scripting magic in general.
To add to this Link just doesn't work (Yoshi's glithes are due to the eggs getting custom textures in 3.5).

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
I'll at least assure you that we've been able to weed some of the issues with 3.5 while finding new issues with some of the updates we're making to previously released characters (which have also been rectified). I just wish someone thought of releasing these fixes for the old updates until we got the new ones out.

Last edited:

Cyclo

Smash Cadet
yeah some of the characters definitely dont work right now, selecting marth just crashed my game. Do any of you know exactly who the characters are that do and do not work?

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Link is the only one that will freeze the game. Marth does work, did you install it correctly?

Cyclo

Smash Cadet
yeah, the second I try to switch costume for marth the entire game stops. I dont even have to actually select the character, just hover over and press Y.

It seems that everyone else is working fine. It's just copy/paste and replace files, so I sure hope I installed it correctly or my future is looking pretty dark.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
yeah, the second I try to switch costume for marth the entire game stops. I dont even have to actually select the character, just hover over and press Y.

It seems that everyone else is working fine. It's just copy/paste and replace files, so I sure hope I installed it correctly or my future is looking pretty dark.
That's because it's using the old menu (the current one in the pack). The game is trying to load the CSPs for the new costume slots, which aren't there, so it crashes. You can fix this by manually adding the CSPs to the new P:M 3.5 menu.

Link can also be fixed by changing his texture compression from RGBA3 (I think?) to CMPR.

Last edited:

TheScorchingBerserker

Smash Rookie
Guys since we are waiting for the big Smash3 update and in the maintime some of you would like to use the currently released chars for their personal builds or simply for a good graphic overhaul for Project M, I'll post here a fix for the chars that glitched/had problems in Project M3.5. the zip contains a fixed mario/doc cape, a non freezing link and a fixed yoshi that now can throw his eggs instead of random textures. Doctor mario is using his fixed model by Taiko with Mach5Mike textures (and has my styled CSPs). Also since PM3.0 doctor mario had colored capes based on Doc recolors I posted those as an alt.
Edit: if you downloaded this 10 mins ago redownload it now... it still had broken link alts like ravio and the twilight one
Download link is broken. :/

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
well, TailsMiles' sonic voice pack trailer was nice while it teased a few Smash 3 characters
Actually that trailer was for the sound pack itself; not for Smash 3. I made the sound pack long before Smash 3 existed and I wanted to update the video because the original showed a really old iteration of the pack. The Smash 3 characters in the showcase was just me adding a few things to it since I'm part of the team. I simply showed off characters we already showed here.... and Kirby but it's hardly noticeable without a full closeup.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
@ Taiko Taiko do you have renders for Smash 3 Fox?

I'm looking for the one based on the SNES Fox. If you have it that'd be cool, otherwise no worries.

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
That Fox recolor is so good I'm constantly reminded how disappointing it is to realize it's not official.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I finished compiling a build of all of the smash 3 characters, and if anyone wants it I can upload it. I'm just having trouble finding a site that will let me upload all of the files.

Taiko

Smash Ace
It's been a while since we've posted anything, so...

Jigglypuff takes center stage of today’s preview. But what’s that hat she’s wearing?

That design seems familiar!

Airikr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Airikr
3DS FC
4656-7932-0593

Jigglypuff takes center stage of today’s preview. But what’s that hat she’s wearing?

SMASH 3 JIGGLYPUFF YASSSSSSSSSS

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749

Dang... that looks really good. Its amazing how you guys put so much detail into these textures!

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026

Whoa! Now I kinda wanna see a Lyra hat Jigglypuff, or May bandanna.

So are her eyes more akin like Smash 4 or more similar to Melee / Brawl? I swear Smash 4 Jigglypuff creeps me out.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman

I love her new eyes I just pefer it much more than the brawl eyes, I'll love to see want you guys have done to Pikachu Because now seems like the perfect time.:4jigglypuff::4pikachu:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER

Bravo, it looks like smash 4, it´s just perfect....

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538

With that pretty face, who wouldn't want to hear Jigglypuff sing? Excellent job Smash 3 team!

Top Bottom