• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I figured it wouldn't be appropriate to make my own thread for this, but if anyone doesn't want to go through trouble of manually reentering the old Smash 3 textures into 3.5, they can download the build I made using the old textures and the ones that Aghanim fixed. Note that this build includes all completed Smash 3C alts as well. I will release one with just Smash 3 alts replacing the alts later. Let me know if you see any issues with the build, and sorry if it doesn't belong here.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dsqgagc092az2lb/AACbEBygOnoUvSQ_Diodehn5a?dl=0
Notes:
Mario: Dr. Mario Smash 3 textures and fixed Mario Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
Yoshi: Fixed Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
Ness: Purple recolor replaced with Smash 3 teal recolor
Pikachu: no current replacement for baseball cap alt
Captain Falcon: no current replacement for N64 recolor and classic alt
Bowser: Dry Bowser replaced with dark Smash 3 recolor
Peach: Fixed smash 3 recolors and Shadow Queen peach courtesy of Aghanim
Zelda: OoT Zelda replaced with white Smash 3 recolor
Sheik: OoT Sheik replaced with orange and blue recolor
Marth: Alts replaced with Smash 3 Devil May Cry, Regal Marth, Marth's Samurai Showdown, and Brawl Teal
Ganondorf: OoT Ganondorf textures replaced with Smash 3 extra recolors
Metaknight: Broken mask alt replaced with Smash 3 Mirror's Minion
Pit: Retro Pit alt replaced with Smash 3 pink recolor
Ike: Default Lord Ike alt replaced with Smash 3 Crimean Nobility texture, no current replacement for alt recolors
Roy: No current replacement for last recolor
I think it does belongs here since it is just a fix for Smash 3's work that i am sure many will use.

Other than Jigglypuff (looks nice btw) and various Dio images, what was revealed here since Ivysaur's reveal?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I think it does belongs here since it is just a fix for Smash 3's work that i am sure many will use.

Other than Jigglypuff (looks nice btw) and various Dio images, what was revealed here since Ivysaur's reveal?
Olimar's whistle, and the preview for the sonic voice mod hidden in this thread teases various characters (you have to look really close though to notice...).

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
@ Taiko Taiko & crew, are you guys going to update Sanic at all in the next update? I love the generations model, but it could use some soothing out IMO. Not trying to diss the work (It's a great deal more work than I've seen in other Sonic alts floating around), just wondering if anything else was brewing withing this cauldron o' phast.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
It's kinda amazing how such subtle differences in Jiggly's appearence can make her look sooo much better.

Can't wait to see Pikachu.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
@ Taiko Taiko & crew, are you guys going to update Sanic at all in the next update? I love the generations model, but it could use some soothing out IMO. Not trying to diss the work (It's a great deal more work than I've seen in other Sonic alts floating around), just wondering if anything else was brewing withing this cauldron o' phast.
I agree, i dont really like it when his hair is moving, it doesnt look right. And the hair should be a bit longer as well

Taiko

Smash Ace
Whoa! Now I kinda wanna see a Lyra hat Jigglypuff, or May bandanna.

So are her eyes more akin like Smash 4 or more similar to Melee / Brawl? I swear Smash 4 Jigglypuff creeps me out.
If you're asking if they're static, yes. As much as we'd love to have them move around and be more dynamic, we are limited by how Brawl has her set up.
I figured it wouldn't be appropriate to make my own thread for this, but if anyone doesn't want to go through trouble of manually reentering the old Smash 3 textures into 3.5, they can download the build I made using the old textures and the ones that Aghanim fixed. Note that this build includes all completed Smash 3C alts as well. I will release one with just Smash 3 alts replacing the alts later. Let me know if you see any issues with the build, and sorry if it doesn't belong here.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dsqgagc092az2lb/AACbEBygOnoUvSQ_Diodehn5a?dl=0
Notes:
Mario: Dr. Mario Smash 3 textures and fixed Mario Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim
Pikachu: no current replacement for baseball cap alt
Marth: Alts replaced with Smash 3 Devil May Cry, Regal Marth, Marth's Samurai Showdown, and Brawl Teal
Ike: Default Lord Ike alt replaced with Smash 3 Crimean Nobility texture, no current replacement for alt recolors
Roy: No current replacement for last recolor
Not off topic, glad someone compiled this!

I know what you mean, Sonic was before I really started getting involved in the model stuff (and I didn't know any better) but it'd take a lot more work, that's for sure. I'd have to see after everything's done, but there are no plans currently.

I agree, i dont really like it when his hair is moving, it doesnt look right. And the hair should be a bit longer as well
Unrigging the spikes would cause issues with things like his up throw, visually anyway.

Last edited:

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to upload the recolor build later today, but if anyone sees any issues with he 3C build please let me know.

Does anyone know any good Smash 3 recolor for Roy, Captain Falcon, Ike and Sonic? I would like to replace the alts with Smash 3 recolors but haven't found much (I found some for Ike on brawl vault, but none were official)

I also planned on replacing the 3.5 hat Pikachu with theytah's shadow Pikachu, but since it isn't an official Smash 3 recolor I figured it would look out of place.

I'd like to learn how to Smash 3 textures myself but the whole process seems kind of daunting since I've never messed with textures before.

Last edited:

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
(Updated 03/30/15: Added Smash 3C Dry Bowser)

Smash 3C Only Album | General Album
Notes:
Link: Fixed Link Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim, Smash 3C OoT Link alts
Pikachu: Baseball cap Pikachu replaced with Smash 3 Shadow Pikachu (Courtesy of Theytah)
Marth: Regal Marth Alts replaced with Smash 3C brawl marth
Olimar: Replaced his purple recolor with the President Smash 3 recolor
Ike: Lord Ike alts replaced with Smash 3 Chrom Ike, Black Knight Ike, and Smash 3C Updated Ike textures
Roy: Alt recolor replaced with Smash 3 Master Lord Roy (Courtesy of Crixler)

(Updated 03/30/15: Replaced SMG4 Mario with Teal SSB4 recolor and replaced Green Doc with Luigi Mario)

Smash 3 Only Album | General Album
Album
Notes:
*signifies different from Smash 3C build
*Mario: Fixed Mario Smash 3 textures courtesy of Aghanim; Red Doc replaced with Flower Power alt, Defualt Doc replaced with Yellow Brawl recolor, Black Doc replaced with Mario of Stars recolor, Green Doc replaced with Luigi Mario (courtesy of Damonj17), Blue Doc replaced with Teal Sm4sh recolor (courtesy of ledgerewskie)
*Link: Fixed Smash 3 Textures courtesy of Aghanim, Smash 3C Green and Red OoT Link, Blue OoT Link replaced with Ravio's Garb recolor, Black OoT Link replaced with Twili Tunic recolor
*Fox: Melee fox alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
*Ness: Pajama Ness alts replaced with Smash 3 Recolors and B&W Ness (Courtesy of Morian)
Pikachu: Baseball cap Pikachu replaced with Smash 3 Shadow Pikachu (Courtesy of Theytah)
*Luigi: Mr. L alt replaced with CBliss Green recolor
Ice Climbers: Polar Ice Climbers alt replaced with Unbreakable Bond recolor
*Marth: Alts replaced with Smash 3 Devil May Cry, Regal Marth, Marth's Samurai Showdown, and Brawl Teal
*Falco: Melee Falco alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
Metaknight: Broken mask alt replaced with Smash 3 Mirror's Minion and Concept art alt replaced with Whisping Winds recolor
Olimar: Replaced his purple recolor with the President Smash 3 recolor
*Lucas: Lucas alt replaced with brown recolor
*Mewtwo: Armor mewtwo alts replaced with recolors
*Dedede: Regular and green Shogun alts replaced with light blue and black recolors
*Lucario: Karate(?) Lucario alts replaced with Blucario and Not Quite Legendary recolors
Ike: Lord Ike alts replaced with Smash 3 Chrom Ike, Black Knight Ike, and Smash 3C Updated Ike textures
*Rob: Virtual Boy ROB replaced with Smash 3 Virtual Boy recolor
Roy: Alt recolor replaced with Smash 3 Master Lord Roy (Courtesy of Crixler)
*Toon Link: Outset alts replaced with Wind Sage Tunic, Manga Shadow Link, and Ganondorf Tunic recolors
*Wolf: Pirate alts replaced with Smash 3 recolors
*Sonic: Jet Set alt replaced with Smash 3 Brawl Gray recolor

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't know if you changed it with this update, but the previous pack I downloaded was missing the Smash 3 sword/arrow trails for Link. Wario's outfits are also switched (relative to how PM has them).

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if you changed it with this update, but the previous pack I downloaded was missing the Smash 3 sword/arrow trails for Link. Wario's outfits are also switched (relative to how PM has them).
It should be fixed now.
edit: forgot to address the Wario issue, that's how they were compiled in the Smash 3 build, but I can change them to default PM order.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I know what you mean, Sonic was before I really started getting involved in the model stuff (and I didn't know any better) but it'd take a lot more work, that's for sure. I'd have to see after everything's done, but there are no plans currently.

Unrigging the spikes would cause issues with things like his up throw, visually anyway.
Or you can just do a bone edit. Also, i compared his size to brawl sonic, and brawl sonic is actually taller and bigger.

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to upload the recolor build later today, but if anyone sees any issues with he 3C build please let me know.

Does anyone know any good Smash 3 recolor for Roy, Captain Falcon, Ike and Sonic? I would like to replace the alts with Smash 3 recolors but haven't found much (I found some for Ike on brawl vault, but none were official)

I also planned on replacing the 3.5 hat Pikachu with theytah's shadow Pikachu, but since it isn't an official Smash 3 recolor I figured it would look out of place.

I'd like to learn how to Smash 3 textures myself but the whole process seems kind of daunting since I've never messed with textures before.
If you want a Smash 3C Shadow Pikachu, I can do that, plus any other recolors. Just give me a list of sorts and I can work on it. Also, that Dawn cap Jigglypuff! Recognized it immediately and love it! Can't wait for the update!

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Much appreciated man. I just am waiting for Smash 3C updates for the Smash 3C build, but for the default Smash 3 build I'm just trying to get any recolors that I can get, specifically:
Mario: 3 Recolors to replace red, green, blue Doc
Peach: 1 Recolor to replace Shadow Queen
Pikachu: 1 Recolor to replace Hat Pikachu
Captain Falcon: 2 Recolors to replace N64 and SNES falcon.
Ness: 1 Recolor to replace pajama ness (although I think a Smash 3C skeleton shirt Ness may be happening soon?)
Dedede: 1 Recolor to replace last Shogun alt
Ike: 3 Recolors to replace remaining Lord Ike alts
Roy: 1 Recolor to replace new 3.5 recolor
Don't take that as me making a specific request to you @ TopazPhoenix TopazPhoenix , just a general request for if anyone knows any pre-equisting recolors that I may have missed or that anyone might want to make.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Updated the builds on this page with some new recolors over alts.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
See, I use those in my personal build, I just want the build to be as close to an official build as possible. Unless enough people think that it would be appropriate, I'm not sure though.
Nuh uh uh, you didnt say the magic word! Jurassic park refrence? Anybody? What i mean is i think you should ask permission first.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Nuh uh uh, you didnt say the magic word! Jurassic park refrence? Anybody? What i mean is i think you should ask permission first.
I mean I would if I were to use it, I haven't put it in though, and I don't know if I want to either.

Last edited:

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Smash 3 build only has been updated, no changes to Smash 3C. Also updated with banners and albums. See pg. 86 for details.

Last edited:

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
What would it take to update a mario texture to 3.5? I don't really have any experience editing textures but I'm interested in learning some.

Taiko

Smash Ace
What would it take to update a mario texture to 3.5? I don't really have any experience editing textures but I'm interested in learning some.
It's not so much editing, you just have to grab the cape texture from the P:M Mario files and import it into the Smash 3 Mario files.

Last edited:

Airikr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Airikr
3DS FC
4656-7932-0593
I love that you packed all of the files together, but do you think you could maybe put all of the necessary files into a pack instead of a pack including the setup for Wii? To take into consideration of Dolphin users. Just a thought.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I love that you packed all of the files together, but do you think you could maybe put all of the necessary files into a pack instead of a pack including the setup for Wii? To take into consideration of Dolphin users. Just a thought.
I'd be happy to do so. But, excuse my ignorance, which files would those be? I don't use Dolphin myself.

Also, to everyone currently using the pack, I plan to start releasing patches so that you don't have to redownload the pack every time or search for specific files that I changed. However, since I've updated the builds pretty much daily, it would be easy to miss a patch.

Top Bottom