• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
In part to you guys I started reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I just finished Phantom Blood and I'm liking it so far. How many people here have read/ are reading the series?

PS: I don't really think this is that off topic considering Dio Link is the team's mascot and many people on this forum have Dio themed avatars because of this thread.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I've wanted to get into it but I keep putting it off, I don't think I will for a while because of Monster Hunter though lol.

On-topic: This is pretty much how things are going with us right now. It's fairly accurate tbqh.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
I defintly recomend the series, it codified a lot of shonen and uses them well. Part 1 is less than 50 chaptes long, and if you like Part 1, you'll like Part 2 (so far Battle Tendency is even better than Phantom Blood). The art in Part 1 is only alright though, but it gets better.

Emélie De Rochèfort

Smash Rookie
Hello Smash 3 & 3C team. I personally feel like pointing out that I appriciate all the work you've done for us;the community,even If it's not complete. It's simply marvelous to see Brawl and Project M getting an HD-like remake. If you haven't realised,you have done more than you think you do. Most people who are into Brawl Modding are not even aware of the whole process you are going through,which sounds quite stressing and unheard to some. My question is: Have you been having any breaks or holidays for that matter? It seems that you guys are pretty dedicated into this project and that makes me worried. You do have the responsibility to finish this mod,but you do need to rest. You have a sanity and are human-beings,like us too. I thought I'd share my opinion,because surprisingly both this and The Smash 3C Project Thread have limited comments Thanking you for the effort you put into this and have more comments with Jokes and/or other ones with obvious questions put into them,and you guys need more compliments. That's all I'd like to say. Please keep on giving us amazing mods,take your time and of course,rest or even retire for a bit,if necessary.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hello Smash 3 & 3C team. I personally feel like pointing out thatappriciate all the work you've done for us;the community,even If it's not complete. It's simply marvelous to see Brawl and Project M getting an HD-like remake. If you haven't realised,you have done more than you think you do. Most people who are into Brawl Modding are not even aware of the whole process you are going through,which sounds quite stressing and unheard to some for that matter. My question is : Have you been having any breaks or holidays for that matter? It seems that you guys are pretty dedicated into this project and that makes me worried. You do have the responsibility to finish this mod,but you do need to rest. You have a sanity and are human-beings,like us too. I thought I'd share my opinion,because surprisingly both this and The Smash 3C Project Thread have limited comments Thanking you for the effort you put into this and have more comments with Jokes and/or other ones with obvious questions put into them,and you guys need more compliments. That's all I'd like to say. Please keep on giving us amazing mods,take your time and of course,rest or even retire for a bit,if necessary.
We're trying to finish this ASAP to take breaks! I already took a long-ish break last year, so I figure that makes up for it...
Thanks for worrying about us though!

zeldude

Smash Rookie
Hello Smash 3 & 3C team. I personally feel like pointing out thatappriciate all the work you've done for us;the community,even If it's not complete. It's simply marvelous to see Brawl and Project M getting an HD-like remake. If you haven't realised,you have done more than you think you do. Most people who are into Brawl Modding are not even aware of the whole process you are going through,which sounds quite stressing and unheard to some for that matter. My question is : Have you been having any breaks or holidays for that matter? It seems that you guys are pretty dedicated into this project and that makes me worried. You do have the responsibility to finish this mod,but you do need to rest. You have a sanity and are human-beings,like us too. I thought I'd share my opinion,because surprisingly both this and The Smash 3C Project Thread have limited comments Thanking you for the effort you put into this and have more comments with Jokes and/or other ones with obvious questions put into them,and you guys need more compliments. That's all I'd like to say. Please keep on giving us amazing mods,take your time and of course,rest or even retire for a bit,if necessary.
I know Taiko already responded but here is what I was going to say: It's hard to tell... they are taking forever to finish up but they are still doing a ton of work... Well, they DID say it will come out sometime between 2016 and 20XX

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Have you been having any breaks or holidays for that matter?
I can a tell you when Smash 3DS released we decided it would be Smash day for us. The following days continued on with that break until we went back into working on the project. It's an on and off process but it's mostly going for us everyday, not matter how little. We may not know progress is being made ourselves because some of us don't let the other members know about it until the next day (well I do that at least).

Last edited:

lowbro

Smash Cadet
hey, can a smash 3 member clear something up? I saw this posted on kc-mm and it's rigging was being streamed as well... I'm still not sure if this is the actual wii u model or the smash 3 model?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
hey, can a smash 3 member clear something up? I saw this posted on kc-mm and it's rigging was being streamed as well... I'm still not sure if this is the actual wii u model or the smash 3 model?

That was me.

And there are no Smash3 textures applied afaik, but yes that's for Smash3

And no, not the Smash4 Model

NEVERMIND I LIED, IT'S SMASH3 TEXTURES lol

Last edited:

Emélie De Rochèfort

Smash Rookie
@ Taiko Taiko You don't need to thank me. Just take my words into consideration,please!
@ drogoth232 drogoth232 As I said,I think you should consider resting when you need to! Please do,If I might add!
@ zeldude zeldude Even If I'm having so much fun with this mod,I do think they are really dedicated into it. As a wise person I know said:"Too much of anything is harmful"
@ Tailsmiles249 Tailsmiles249 I can agree on the break part as quoted from you,but how long did it last? Super Smash Bros. For 3DS realised on October 3rd (Correct me,If I'm wrong,Please!) of 2014 and as I am replying to this,It's March 10th of 2015! 6 Months ago! Half a year had passed since that happened. That doesn't mean that you cannot do it again!
@ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout Excellent. Just spend your resting time wisely,would you?
@the Smash 3&3C Team Are you enjoying your "job" working on this Project? I do think this is kind of an obvious question to ask ,considering It's plain silly to work on something just because other people are asking for it.I would like to know. I would appriciate it If you answered my question,but It is completely optional to do so.

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
I can agree on the break part as quoted from you,but how long did it last? Super Smash Bros. For 3DS realised on October 3rd (Correct me,If I'm wrong,Please!) of 2014 and as I am replying to this,It's March 10th of 2015! 6 Months ago! Half a year had passed since that happened. That doesn't mean that you cannot do it again!
Well during that time we were just playing Smash with the project on hold mostly because it's the full game! That break lasted about a week IIRC. We wanted to get every stage and character unlocked, try an find out who out mains will be, play matches against each other, you know the usual stuff with every fighting game. Now that we've had enough time to settle with Smash 4, we can safely say "Okay I have an idea of the game itself and can now focus on work again without issues of 'but I haven't tried this character yet!'"

Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Apologies, I don't mean to derail anything, but I just wanted you to know that I FINALLY got the laptop back and will be able to continue making videos of Smash 3 mods along with other mods. Here ya go!

I actually got it back two days ago, but forgot to tell you. My b.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Are you enjoying your "job" working on this Project? I do think this is kind of an obvious question to ask ,considering It's plain silly to work on something just because other people are asking for it.I would like to know. I would appriciate it If you answered my question,but It is completely optional to do so.
It's a lot of work sure, but I figure someone has to do it. We've gained a ton of skills and experience through working on this as well, so overall it's been pretty good I'd say!
We're not really the type of people to just leave a project unfinished either, so we can't just leave now can we?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
LOLOL Drogoth, what did you do to Junpei?! XDDDDD That is gold.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
LOLOL Drogoth, what did you do to Junpei?! XDDDDD That is gold.
You were expecting Junpei

BUT IT WAS ME! D-*SHOT*

Ontopic stuff:
We ran into a small complication with a character. Everything else is going swimmingly.

I hope.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Dio icon. So unoriginal...

What the hell is Dio even anyway
British Vampire from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, villain of part 1 and related to almost every problem in the series some way or the other. You should check the series out, Part 1 is great and Part 2 is amazing (I'm on Part 3 now) Edit: Also is the Italian word for god if you want the more literal answer to your question.

Last edited:

Emélie De Rochèfort

Smash Rookie
It's a lot of work sure, but I figure someone has to do it. We've gained a ton of skills and experience through working on this as well, so overall it's been pretty good I'd say!
We aren't really the type of people to just leave a project unfinished either, so we can't just leave now can we?
Your opinion is so awe-inspiring. I consider it quite similar to mines,too. Even though,It can make you feel horrendously tired,You can benefit from it! Thanks to your work,Now you will have skills that will be used to make some other amazing mods! Plus,Many people adore this! You cannot just leave people who are excited about this hanging. I love you guys! Again,Thank you for everything you have done for us!

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Your opinion is so awe-inspiring. I consider it quite similar to mines,too. Even though,It can make you feel horrendously tired,You can benefit from it! Thanks to your work,Now you will have skills that will be used to make some other amazing mods! Plus,Many people adore this! You cannot just leave people who are excited about this hanging. I love you guys! Again,Thank you for everything you have done for us!
WE love you guys!

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
British Vampire from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, villain of part 1 and related to almost every problem in the series some way or the other. You should check the series out, Part 1 is great and Part 2 is amazing (I'm on Part 3 now) Edit: Also is the Italian word for god if you want the more literal answer to your question.
The joke kinda went over your head, didn't it?
Look at my icon. I have a clear idea who that gorgeous thing is. Lol

Top Bottom