• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Wow, those new models are pretty awesome, so well done is like seeing Smash Wii U on the Wii!!! I can't wait to use those skins!!

Narpas_sword

Erm, how is using retextures that are the exact same as the current ones but in a better style unuseable? Like seriously, your comment makes no sense in the context of these skins
No sense? Really?

You have to draw the line somewhere right? you're obviously not going to allow any random costume on brawlvault...
Default is a pretty good place to draw it...

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
No sense? Really?

You have to draw the line somewhere right? you're obviously not going to allow any random costume on brawlvault...
Default is a pretty good place to draw it...
These arent random skins though, they're the default skins made to look better. So yes, your comment makes no sense.

Narpas_sword

So you would allow any skin as long as they're "default made to look better"?

I'm just speaking from TO experience. ti's easier to blanket rule all things to default than deal with one guy who does liek mewtwo having fatter thighs.

Not to mention possible bugs caused by adding custom content.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
This is speaking from the perspective of someone who has no TO experience but understands it. Using the default textures allows for a number of things:
  • Guarantee of no crashes/bugs from custom content.
  • People who normally use the defaults at home won't be thrown off.
  • Quicker to set up without any "Did I forget this skin?" issue.
  • What does it matter? This is a tourney, not personal use.
    • Unless a TO sees a retexture as beneficial (like team colors) it's not needed.

Last edited:

zeldude

Smash Rookie
you can get it for free but you must do the following to do so:
  • google "Autodesk student"
  • choose the first link (should say something like "free student software")
  • click sign in to make an autdesk account
  • after you are finished making your account they will have a list of free software for students (3ds max is one of them)
after you get that done let us know and we can help you setup 3ds max to import export brawl models
Ok I installed 3DS max, I already got pits model to load with it so what now?

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
So I've looked at the Yoshi model from Smash U that the people over that The Models Resource ripped, and it seems the textures are the same(Save for the egg), but just rearranged. The eye textures don't even need to be scaled down!

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a credible source on what the PMDT does but at the very least I can confirm that we've seen the footage of Lyn and Knuckles few months ago. During that time we decided we won't be working on any further characters when future PM updates come out with new characters. Even if we did that would mean possible model tweaks and planning for texture changes. We already have a lot going on and we would like to have this project 100% complete sooner than later. Tutorials have been made on rimlighting and Smash 3 style texturing so we can hope that someone like Smash 3C will take over for that.

Last edited:

AnimeRyoth

Smash Rookie
Sounds reasonable. Plus,I think we will have to wait till it's confirmed it's real. What seems fishy to me is Knuckles being chosen instead of Tails. As a Sonic Fan,I do hope that this turns out real.but I would prefer it If it was tails who was chosen. :/ Plus,Knuckles isn't as popular as Tails. Tails starred in the most successful sonic game;Sonic 2 so pretty much anyone who knows sonic also knows tails,but idk. But I'm so hyped for Skull Kid! I wonder what his moveset will be :/ wait... Skull kid? Ben? BEN DROWNED CONFIRMED IN SSE.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Sounds reasonable. Plus,I think we will have to wait till it's confirmed it's real. What seems fishy to me is Knuckles being chosen instead of Tails. As a Sonic Fan,I do hope that this turns out real.but I would prefer it If it was tails who was chosen. :/ Plus,Knuckles isn't as popular as Tails. Tails starred in the most successful sonic game;Sonic 2 so pretty much anyone who knows sonic also knows tails,but idk. But I'm so hyped for Skull Kid! I wonder what his moveset will be :/ wait... Skull kid? Ben? BEN DROWNED CONFIRMED IN SSE.
To be fair knuckles is more of the fighter type, in terms of a smash character he makes more sense. Plus doesn't SSF2 have Tails? Maybe they wanted to do something different

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Just a quick question, do any other your skins change the hit-boxes of any characters?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
None of the Smash 3 costumes affect gameplay in any way.
thanks for reaffirming my assumption because I got a bit curious as the new mewtwo skin changes the thighs a bit. Now if I make a custom build with these new skins I can be confident in that no changes need to be made to the costumes if that build were to be used in a tourney.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Alright I think it 's about time to reveal my build that i've been working on for a year

Introducing Super Smash Bros Universe!

This is the box art for my amazing project m/brawl ex build. Credits to @ ssjsongoku ssjsongoku for the design he did a amazing job
The build will have 51 Characters,All Project M Alts, Lots of Competitive Stages and a style based on Super Smash Bros for Wii U! Credits to @Smash3team and @Smash3Cteam,

Edit-Might have to be updated when Mario,Link,Pikachu,Kirby and Ike get their new renders

Last edited:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
This isn't really related to the Smash 3 project though. Couldn't this go the Brawl Workshop? So you can use that to promote your build instead of using another project thread to self-promote?
Yeah, but this is a Project m based project so I would put this in customized content not brawl workshop and the reason why it does not have it's own thread is because I really don't know how to bring good quality pics and videos of my mod otherwise if it's just text nobody would be interested. So I decided to show off the project here to advertise

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Yeah, but this is a Project m based project so I would put this in customized content not brawl workshop and the reason why it does not have it's own thread is because I really don't know how to bring good quality pics and videos of my mod otherwise if it's just text nobody would be interested. So I decided to show off the project here to advertise
I can agree with your logic and if you want I can help with recording footage and such. :) BTW the cover art you posted is VERY good.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
So I decided to show off the project here to advertise
Bad idea to do that within the thread of another, already popular project. It'll garner atttention, yes, but at the expense of the use of another thread. It would have been wiser to make a new thread.

But what's done is done.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
I can agree with your logic and if you want I can help with recording footage and such. :) BTW the cover art you posted is VERY good.
I would love help on videos, but right now I can't show footage because I'm struggling to get the newcomers in the game with brawl ex, As for the cover art I'm glad you like it, I requested the cover art on a certain thread it's based off of this

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
whats this about?

kazan

Smash Apprentice
This thread is going waay off topic, try to keep your posts Smash 3 related guys!

PS: Skull Kid was confirmed to be a hoax..

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
This thread is going waay off topic, try to keep your posts Smash 3 related guys!

PS: Skull Kid was confirmed to be a hoax..
100% Agree, this is not a thread for that kind of stuff, just make a thread on it I'd say, also custom builds are serious business! I joke! Well... I know how hard it is to actually... B-but yeah!

Also ohhhhh! that explains the whole Skull Kid thing then, I've been getting confused back and forth on what was going on! Thanks for clarifying man!

ssjsongoku

Smash Cadet
I would like to apologize for all the commotion my box art has brought. I wanted to provide myself a challenge and stumbled across The Dark Knight1965's box art request.

I did not know that it would escalate into being part of a mod. I made it because it sounded fun to make and because I am thankful for Smash/ Smash3/ Project M.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I would like to apologize for all the commotion my box art has brought. I wanted to provide myself a challenge and stumbled across The Dark Knight1965's box art request.

I did not know that it would escalate into being part of a mod. I made it because it sounded fun to make and because I am thankful for Smash/ Smash3/ Project M.
'Tis not your fault, beautiful Dio-Goku fusion. Your template for that boxart is pure gold, though.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
So Smash 3 team, what inspired the hair color/style Link? It looks like an interesting mix of his original hair color and his twilight princess hair color. I personally love it.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
No please, I'm engaged :V

Anyways, I can guarantee that you'll LOVE what's coming up. Just please remember to be patient! It'll be completely worth it!
...Smash 3 confirmed to now be official part of PM, adds Ridley, K.Rool, Reggie and The Substitute to the roster, every charcater gets super uber wavedashing that also orders pizza and changes date to 20XX.
...Im curious what you are talking about.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
...Smash 3 confirmed to now be official part of PM, adds Ridley, K.Rool, Reggie and The Substitute to the roster, every charcater gets super uber wavedashing that also orders pizza and changes date to 20XX.
What are you talking about? The release date was always slated for 20XX.

...Im curious what you are talking about.
I'm talking about fun stuff. Very fun stuff.

Juken

Smash Ace
But is the part that's difficult and taking long the fault of having to update everything for PM 3.5, or just finishing up the characters in general?

Like, If 4.0 comes out before you guys are done with this, or if it breaks with 4.0 when you guys are done as it did with 3.5, what will happen?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
But is the part that's difficult and taking long the fault of having to update everything for PM 3.5, or just finishing up the characters in general?
Finishing everyone is a huge deal. IDK about having to update to 3.5, and I don't think it's really a big deal. But I don't deal with textures as much.

Like, If 4.0 comes out before you guys are done with this, or if it breaks with 4.0 when you guys are done as it did with 3.5, what will happen?
Commit Sudoku, obviously

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah. Is it just having to make recolors for those new costumes (black ivysaur for example) and characters that haven't been done yet? I don't think it takes that long because of things like Mario's discolored cape since those can be fixed in like 5 minutes each.
Commit Sudoku, obviously
But that game is boring. Just filling the grid so that every row, every column and every 3x3 box contains the numbers 1 to 9 and nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom