• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hmm, it's been a while since we've heard from Olimar...I wonder what he's up to?

...Oh.

Last edited:

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Guys since we are waiting for the big Smash3 update and in the maintime some of you would like to use the currently released chars for their personal builds or simply for a good graphic overhaul for Project M, I'll post here a fix for the chars that glitched/had problems in Project M3.5. the zip contains a fixed mario/doc cape, a non freezing link and a fixed yoshi that now can throw his eggs instead of random textures. Doctor mario is using his fixed model by Taiko with Mach5Mike textures (and has my styled CSPs). Also since PM3.0 doctor mario had colored capes based on Doc recolors I posted those as an alt.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kb7xsyhaxlv579v/Smash 3 Fixed chars for PM3.5.rar?dl=0
Edit: if you downloaded this 10 mins ago redownload it now... it still had broken link alts like ravio and the twilight one
Thanks a bunch for this man!
edit: The download only includes the ice mario alt and not the default blue mario color by the way.

Last edited:

zeldude

Smash Rookie
I know this is very irrelevant but I have a quick question. How do you guys(skilled modders) edit models and import ones from other games? Is there some guide that I can't seem to find or something because I am lost on model editing. It would be very appreciated if I got some help so please answer(or not)

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Just watched that video for Sonic's 3.5 voice pack, and I was wondering what was up with this:

Don't know what'd cause that. Don't recall ever seeing anything like it before, so maybe it's being caused by something that changed recently?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Just watched that video for Sonic's 3.5 voice pack, and I was wondering what was up with this:

Don't know what'd cause that. Don't recall ever seeing anything like it before, so maybe it's being caused by something that changed recently?
That is weirdness, I haven't seen that before either but I'll have to keep my eyes open for it. Anyone know what causes that, specifically?

zeldude

Smash Rookie
That is weirdness, I haven't seen that before either but I'll have to keep my eyes open for it. Anyone know what causes that, specifically?
I think it might be Dolphin and rendering issues but it might be something else, somebody should try recreating the circumstances in which the model glitched out on a console.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
edit: The download only includes the ice mario alt and not the default blue mario color by the way.
Oops I accidentally left that recolor... I added it back... same download link

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice

I was really hoping no one would bring it up. Hell I could've easily edited them out since they only last 1 frame each. Don't worry those glitches are just cause by Dolphin. It does this with any character model at random not just ours.

Last edited:

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Guys since we are waiting for the big Smash3 update and in the maintime some of you would like to use the currently released chars for their personal builds or simply for a good graphic overhaul for Project M, I'll post here a fix for the chars that glitched/had problems in Project M3.5. the zip contains a fixed mario/doc cape, a non freezing link and a fixed yoshi that now can throw his eggs instead of random textures. Doctor mario is using his fixed model by Taiko with Mach5Mike textures (and has my styled CSPs). Also since PM3.0 doctor mario had colored capes based on Doc recolors I posted those as an alt.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kb7xsyhaxlv579v/Smash 3 Fixed chars for PM3.5.rar?dl=0
Edit: if you downloaded this 10 mins ago redownload it now... it still had broken link alts like ravio and the twilight one
Oops I accidentally left that recolor... I added it back... same download link
Sweet man, thanks a bunch.

Taiko

Smash Ace
It's getting cold out there, good thing Dedede has his new coat to keep him warm!

I know this is very irrelevant but I have a quick question. How do you guys(skilled modders) edit models and import ones from other games? Is there some guide that I can't seem to find or something because I am lost on model editing. It would be very appreciated if I got some help so please answer(or not)
I missed this the first time, first, do you have 3DS Max? That'll be your main tool for model importing.

Last edited:

zeldude

Smash Rookie
It's getting cold out there, good thing Dedede has his new coat to keep him warm!

I missed this the first time, first, do you have 3DS Max? That'll be your main tool for model importing.
No, I have seen stuff that says I need it so I'll get it. Is it free?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
you can get it for free but you must do the following to do so:
  • google "Autodesk student"
  • choose the first link (should say something like "free student software")
  • click sign in to make an autdesk account
  • after you are finished making your account they will have a list of free software for students (3ds max is one of them)
after you get that done let us know and we can help you setup 3ds max to import export brawl models

zeldude

Smash Rookie
you can get it for free but you must do the following to do so:
  • google "Autodesk student"
  • choose the first link (should say something like "free student software")
  • click sign in to make an autdesk account
  • after you are finished making your account they will have a list of free software for students (3ds max is one of them)
after you get that done let us know and we can help you setup 3ds max to import export brawl models
Thanks, doing that as soon as I have the time

Juken

Smash Ace
Do any of you guys know about the pink-gold metal effect for Peach? I made a thread asking, but it didn't get much help and I figure you guys may know since you got some work done on the new Peach already.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Do any of you guys know about the pink-gold metal effect for Peach? I made a thread asking, but it didn't get much help and I figure you guys may know since you got some work done on the new Peach already.
Yes, from my understanding you'd basically be porting the metal materials from P:M Peach (and the pink metal texture as well)

Taiko

Smash Ace
Since we've shown Peach, there's just one more debut character that hasn't revealed their new look yet...Link! Get out here!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I wonder if you guys will post a group render showing all of the original 12 when they're done...

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Since we've shown Peach, there's just one more debut character that hasn't revealed their new look yet...Link! Get out here!
It looks excellent. However, the color of his eyebrows don't feel right. Other than that, he looks grown up and perfect.
EDIT: One more? Hint hint

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
He looks... gorgeous, but something about the hair color seems a bit off to me. Maybe it'll look different in game (whenever that glorious day comes...)

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I wonder if you guys will post a group render showing all of the original 12 when they're done...
That's actually a pretty neat idea.

One with the N64 cast, another with the Melee newcomers, and a third with the Brawl newcomers + Mewtwo and Roy.

It would be a lot of work though.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Been some time since I've done this:

Before any of you ask: No we are not.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Requesting a high res Takamaru trophy pose render whenever one of you guys gets bored again. :p

This is not a thinly veiled means for me to get a new avatar/desktop background/twitter banner, no siree nope

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Keep in mind you shouldn't really be using skins in a competition anyway...
Erm, how is using retextures that are the exact same as the current ones but in a better style unuseable? Like seriously, your comment makes no sense in the context of these skins

Top Bottom