• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Xander Mobus?
Speaking of which, they're still using bobblehead Mewtwo. -3-
That guy is blessed with smash, if you are in the smash community, you heard of him.
Also he said "smashboards" in that video using his voice, we are blessed.

What can we say?

He's a classic.

technically not, but you get my point

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
My exact thought haha
Still! Nice to see it there, though it is edited weird...
Yea, I noticed the weird purple tint. I think it's to make it look more similar to Project M Mewtwo, But I don't know.
Xander Mobus? I feel like I've been hearing from that guy all over the place in the same way I've seen the Smash 3 Team's Mewtwo.
I guess everyone really like his voice. Not without credit, He is very enthusiastic and does a good job changing his voice to fit the character. I personally prefer the N64 one. I really liked the weird echo thing they did in 64 and Melee.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I guess everyone really like his voice. Not without credit, He is very enthusiastic and does a good job changing his voice to fit the character. I personally prefer the N64 one. I really liked the weird echo thing they did in 64 and Melee.
A part of me was hoping Mobus would say "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS!!" like the original announcer in the opening of the DYKG video, but alas...

Also, Mewtwo wasn't even in the entirety of that video, was it?

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
I don't mean to derail here, but I've got a bit of good news to share.

After nearly THREE MONTHS of not getting any sort of response, I finally received a call from the Pittsburgh Greyhound bus station early this morning.

They still have my precious, precious laptop that I've used to record almost all of the mod videos with.

I'm hoping to get in contact with my mother or any other relative in Pittsburgh to go pick it up and mail it to me. Nobody's picked up their phone, for some reason, so I'll try tomorrow. After it's back in my home, I will DEFINITELY continue to make videos of every Smash 3 mod along with several other mods that have released while I've been without a laptop.

The only problem after getting the laptop is activating my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription again so I can edit videos, make thumbnails, and make icons, stage names, portraits, etc. I'm broke. Hmm...

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Yea, I noticed the weird purple tint. I think it's to make it look more similar to Project M Mewtwo, But I don't know.

I like the brawl announcer better, he says the character calls like if he was proud to call them up, i love SSB4 announcer but i love brawl better. Melee kinda sounds a bit werid, N64 was better.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of voices (selfish plug time) for those of you who use the voice pack for Sonic, you're welcome. I've finally updated his pack for PM v3.5 as well as his showcase video for those of you who have seen the old one:

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Speaking of voices (selfish plug time) for those of you who use the voice pack for Sonic, you're welcome. I've finally updated his pack for PM v3.5 as well as his showcase video for those of you who have seen the old one:

*Notices new Sonic render* Neat!
*Hears voice mod* Just like before and I like the new ring taunt too.
*Notices all characters are their Smash 3 renditions after the 0:17 mark*

Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice

I think this is the only Sonic-related item I'm aware of today that isn't negative or harsh and making me feel like crap for being a fan.

I needed this more than you know.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Reserved might be mad at the new Sonic trailer you guys made... Kirby's in it, but it doesn't show his face :3 His face is in a different scene.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
the dolphin emulation really shows the quality of this mod! It's so beautiful! I want to play this on dolphin so badly TT^TT. my Laptop sucks though. - o -. Oh well, DK, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Mario, Marth, Metaknight, Olimar, Dedede, Samus and Charizard are shaping up quite nicely based on their appearance in the video! can't wait!

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Reserved might be mad at the new Sonic trailer you guys made... Kirby's in it, but it doesn't show his face :3
Yeah, you totally can't see his face. Especially at the 1:48 mark. It's just plastered with censorship by the game's menu!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
You may have destroyed brawl sonic, but Sonic.EXE lives on!
I can live with this as it hardly noticeable in game, but is it fixable?

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
You may have destroyed brawl sonic, but Sonic.EXE lives on!
I can live with this as it hardly noticeable in game, but is it fixable?

Iirc that's from the PM Finger Wagging taunt right? That's something on PM's side, not on ours I'm afraid (I'll also add this to the Fixing Thread, I have an idea to fix that) though there is a way to fix it when I get time to check it out!

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

Woah, woah, woah.... woah. Samus, Olimar, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Charizard sneak peeks?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE SMASH 3 (please!) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Everyone can be happy for all of those who were previewed, but in my household, the most played characters are Squirtle and Ivysaur.

I can wait a year... I definitely can... *cries*

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace

What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than by showing off the new Peach?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Will you have a version without ringtaunt for comp play?

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet

So I installed the voice pack, which by the way is the best sonic voice pack by far, and it's working great on 3.5 with Smash 3's current Sonic.
But something came up with Smash 3C, their JSR Sonic alt works just fine with the voice pack til you try to Up+B, when the Spring is about to come into view the game freezes. Would this be due to your voice pack or Smash 3C's JSR Sonic? I'm not sure. Any input?

Edit: I'm playing on Dolphin by the way, if that matters.

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
I'm just saying accidents/things happen, or someone could know about the taunt and abuse it or something
During competitive play consider the opportunities Sonic's homing attack can even land. I haven't seen competitive a match where 10 successful homing attacks were done. Keep in mind that you can only use the ring taunt when you have 0 rings so that you can't abuse it and gain more rings.

So I installed the voice pack, which by the way is the best sonic voice pack by far, and it's working great on 3.5 with Smash 3's current Sonic.
But something came up with Smash 3C, their JSR Sonic alt works just fine with the voice pack til you try to Up+B, when the Spring is about to come into view the game freezes. Would this be due to your voice pack or Smash 3C's JSR Sonic? I'm not sure. Any input?

Edit: I'm playing on Dolphin by the way, if that matters.
Thanks for letting me know; I tested it myself and it turns out it was the Fitmotion.pac for Sonic was larger than it should. I updated the pack so go ahead and redownload it.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
The Ring taunt has always been a PM thing, not a Smash 3 thing from my understanding, we didn't add it in, it was already in there.
Wait, Really?! Wow, when did they add it?

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Guys since we are waiting for the big Smash3 update and in the maintime some of you would like to use the currently released chars for their personal builds or simply for a good graphic overhaul for Project M, I'll post here a fix for the chars that glitched/had problems in Project M3.5. the zip contains a fixed mario/doc cape, a non freezing link and a fixed yoshi that now can throw his eggs instead of random textures. Doctor mario is using his fixed model by Taiko with Mach5Mike textures (and has my styled CSPs). Also since PM3.0 doctor mario had colored capes based on Doc recolors I posted those as an alt.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kb7xsyhaxlv579v/Smash 3 Fixed chars for PM3.5.rar?dl=0
Edit: if you downloaded this 10 mins ago redownload it now... it still had broken link alts like ravio and the twilight one

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Wait, Really?! Wow, when did they add it?
No, that's Codex's misunderstanding. The ring taunt was available for my pack before the Smash 3 Project came about. I simply made it a thing when the PMDT added tricks to Sonic's homing attack. When the readme says "Project M only" it means that feature I added only works for Project M, not that they added it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom