• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Airikr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Airikr
3DS FC
4656-7932-0593
Does at least the HUD work with Project M 3.5? I really like the way that it looks compared to the default.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
oh my god his face isn't even there to begin with lol

what a tease
He removed the images with his face. I don't really see any difference between vbrawl and sm3sh, but I wanna see smashketball kirby at some point.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
oh my god his face isn't even there to begin with lol

what a tease
He removed the images with his face. I don't really see any difference between vbrawl and sm3sh, but I wanna see smashketball kirby at some point.
Images? I only accidentally took a single image of his face...

It was this one:

But I am not supposed to share it yet since I might get fired. So that is why I removed it from the album!

wait... what?

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Preview for today:

Falcon's changed a bit more since we last showed him, I wonder who can tell?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Preview for today:

Falcon's changed a bit more since we last showed him, I wonder who can tell?
Wait, is that Maximum Velocity Falcon?!?!?!? (the new* one with a scarf)
*: spoilers for the f-zero anime...

EDIT: WAIT THE EYES GLOW NOW?!?!?!?! *faint*

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
so uuh, is there space to join the team, guys?
the only i could help with would be using vectors for something, there's been a while since i stopped making vectors oftenly and i was thinking about making more for quite a cause, as well as that it would help me on an attempt of producing them in often succession and mass, maybe for textures or helping with Menu graphics?
i've also done a few texture hacks but for me it feels more tedious than making vectors for some reason
could there be a way to help and boost the project a bit? you have no idea of how much free time i have, but i'm no person for 3D modeling or things like that :c
cheers!

Juken

Smash Ace
Are the characters who were done recently (Mewtwo, Lucario, Wario, etc) also getting redone? Wanna do a Waluigi reskin for Wario, but feel like it might be redundant (and also don't see his PSD).

Taiko

Smash Ace
Wait, is that Maximum Velocity Falcon?!?!?!? (the new* one with a scarf)
*: spoilers for the f-zero anime...

EDIT: WAIT THE EYES GLOW NOW?!?!?!?! *faint*
The eyes glowed when we showed him before too, we just did it differently this time.

so uuh, is there space to join the team, guys?
the only i could help with would be using vectors for something, there's been a while since i stopped making vectors oftenly and i was thinking about making more for quite a cause, as well as that it would help me on an attempt of producing them in often succession and mass, maybe for textures or helping with Menu graphics?
i've also done a few texture hacks but for me it feels more tedious than making vectors for some reason
could there be a way to help and boost the project a bit? you have no idea of how much free time i have, but i'm no person for 3D modeling or things like that :c
cheers!
Sadly what we're looking for aren't texturers, we've been doing them so long that they can be done really quickly. What we need is 3D model people who can rig and such, that's what's holding us up the most right now. I appreciate the offer though!

Are the characters who were done recently (Mewtwo, Lucario, Wario, etc) also getting redone? Wanna do a Waluigi reskin for Wario, but feel like it might be redundant (and also don't see his PSD).
It depends on the character. Lucario is getting some minor touchups (textures are the same), Mewtwo won't be touched at all, and Wario is getting the same touchups as Lucario (same textures, minor differences elsewhere, a few fixes).

Juken

Smash Ace
Sorry to ask another question, but where in the info.pac are these things:
Song titles
The character names on the bottom of the ingame hud

I want to add the Smash 3 HUD to my build, but it overwrites all of my custom music titles. I also want to remove the names beneath the battle portraits for the sake of mods who are different characters (like James mccloud for fox or raichu pikachu skins).

EDIT: Seems like MiscData 140 is where the song titles are. Still can't find the thing to hide the names under the battle portrait though.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
I wasn't going to say anything, but I feel the same way. The helmet and body look great, but I think I prefer the Brawl Falcon's face.
I prefer Smash 4 Falcon's face, but this one just looks odd in general. Lighting probably contributes to it too.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Hmm, I don't know how I feel about the new Falcon either. The helmet looks great, but the face looks like it's almost too small or something. I don't really know what the problem is. I would consider making an exception and using the ripped SmUsh model that DSX8 has been working on, but to my knowledge texturing may then become a problem...
Whatever you decide to do, I can't wait to have it in my game.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Clearly something needed to be done, so:

Sorry to ask another question, but where in the info.pac are these things:
Song titles
The character names on the bottom of the ingame hud

I want to add the Smash 3 HUD to my build, but it overwrites all of my custom music titles. I also want to remove the names beneath the battle portraits for the sake of mods who are different characters (like James mccloud for fox or raichu pikachu skins).

EDIT: Seems like MiscData 140 is where the song titles are. Still can't find the thing to hide the names under the battle portrait though.
For names, I think you can replace them all with a 4x4 black square. There's probably some other method, but that's how I'd do things.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I feel the same way. The helmet and body look great, but I think I prefer the Brawl Falcon's face.

:199::199::199::199:
:199::199::199::199:

This is literally the coolest thing ever though, keep it up developers.
I feel like a Slowpoke right now...

Hmm, I don't know how I feel about the new Falcon either. The helmet looks great, but the face looks like it's almost too small or something. I don't really know what the problem is. I would consider making an exception and using the ripped SmUsh model that DSX8 has been working on, but to my knowledge texturing may then become a problem...
Whatever you decide to do, I can't wait to have it in my game.
Not really wanting to optimize the Smash U model, re-UV it, and re-rig it...

drogoth232

Smash Lord
The face looks much better, Taiko. Maybe do something about his skin tone? A bit lighter? Idk.

I'll start on the rigging as soon as I get some free time.

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Clearly something needed to be done, so:

For names, I think you can replace them all with a 4x4 black square. There's probably some other method, but that's how I'd do things.

I feel like a Slowpoke right now...

Not really wanting to optimize the Smash U model, re-UV it, and re-rig it...
I think he's looking incredible, very excited for him.
I think the areas that will draw criticism is mostly the lower half of his face, his upper lip seems a bit too thin and the edges of his mouth seem to go on too long, I edited those bits and defined his philtrum and jowl a bit more. What do you think?

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Gah, Brawl face looks so weird. I like the new face a lot, but I feel like there might need to be a little bit more wrinkles on his face or something to more accurately represent his age.
I like Granfallon's falcon face a lot. It's a good mix between the too. Overall, very impressive captain falcon. cannot wait to use him.
On another note, Smash 3 team, do you remember the personal pack from a while back? like the dark pit colors and stuff? Just a confirmation question, are we getting those?

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I think he's looking incredible, very excited for him.
I think the areas that will draw criticism is mostly the lower half of his face, his upper lip seems a bit too thin and the edges of his mouth seem to go on too long, I edited those bits and defined his philtrum and jowl a bit more. What do you think?
t
The new face should look a bit more older and the mouth is kinda long. He looks like a mad grandma imao make his mouth a bit shorter.

Top Bottom