• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Are ya'll gonna use the new Sm4sh pose for Mewtwo(HYPPEEE) in the next Sm3sh update?

lowbro

Smash Cadet
Is the smash 3 samus gonna be similar to iwantgame's samus import, or will it use a modified brawl model?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You guys really nailed it with Mewtwo; he looks amazingly close to SSB4's. However, now that we have a reference for how the model moves, could you try and emulate the proportions, particularly with the legs? It seems to have essentially the same stance as PM Mewtwo, so adjusting it shouldn't be too difficult, but this seems a lot more natural in that aspect.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Is the smash 3 samus gonna be similar to iwantgame's samus import, or will it use a modified brawl model?
Yes, it's using the model IWG did.

You guys really nailed it with Mewtwo; he looks amazingly close to SSB4's. However, now that we have a reference for how the model moves, could you try and emulate the proportions, particularly with the legs? It seems to have essentially the same stance as PM Mewtwo, so adjusting it shouldn't be too difficult, but this seems a lot more natural in that aspect.
It's more because it's a difference in how they're animated, P:M Mewtwo is animated with disconnected legs in mind, while Smash 4 Mewtwo is animated with them connected.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
It's more because it's a difference in how they're animated, P:M Mewtwo is animated with disconnected legs in mind, while Smash 4 Mewtwo is animated with them connected.
Ah, okay. I imagine there's no way to counteract that without changing the rig, then?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Ah, okay. I imagine there's no way to counteract that without changing the rig, then?
Connecting the legs to the body, editing the rig, and then re-animating the worst offending animations to make sure they don't deform the legs...which is going to cause desyncs.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hold up, you call THIS not competing?!

Stages like yours are the reason why I need to use stage expansion in my build, that way I don't have to make cuts!
Just saw this post, you'll be happy to know that the one he has in development right now looks much better than this.
http://smashboards.com/threads/shaqco-back-in-the-hoops.349961/page-10#post-18879766

Thanks! the PM stages were so awesome it punched the feels to another dimension.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I have a small announcement to make.
As we were working on Snake, we realized that he would be far too much work to get working the way we wanted to get him. With what we wanted to do, it was far too much for the game to handle, so we’re going to scrap Solid Snake completely, and give the files to the Smash 3C team to finish. However, we are putting together a Keifer Sutherland voice pack to update his voice, so you can all look forward to that!
Guys, I'm so sorry. What Taiko said is true; he came to me expressing his frustration at finishing all the characters for Smash 3, and I offered to help out. Now that I read this post I realize I misunderstood him completely, I thought he was asking for Salad Snack. Please understand.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Guys, I'm so sorry. What Taiko said is true; he came to me expressing his frustration at finishing all the characters for Smash 3, and I offered to help out. Now that I read this post I realize I misunderstood him completely, I thought he was asking for Salad Snack. Please understand.

That snake actually looks really good. Really hope we get Salad Snake. Of course, it better come with ranch dressing too.

Last edited:

smashman!

Smash Cadet
Nah, it's a mod. No prepackaging unless the Project M devs decide they wish for it to be that way, then they can consult the creator on it.
Permission now granted for prepackaging but only from 3.6!
*Leaves through corporate door* lol

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Lucas' pose in Smash 4 seems very familiar.. it's pretty much identical to the one in Smash 3. Does anyone know where this pose came from?

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
It's not from anything; it's an original pose they came up with.... just like every other pose from Smash Bros. We made Lucas's pose to simply mirror Ness. It just turned out that Nintendo happen to use a similar pose albeit facing toward the camera more with his arm raised higher.

Last edited:

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
So it was totally a coincidence, then? I've seen the render thrown around the internet quite a bit so do you think there's any possibility they took a bit of inspiration from it?

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
So it was totally a coincidence, then? I've seen the render thrown around the internet quite a bit so do you think there's any possibility they took a bit of inspiration from it?
No, the way the pose they made represents Lucas's PSI abilities; the fact he's an ESPer and I get that vibe from it. It was also a way to have some similarity to Ness just like Fox and Falco.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

I want it.
I need it.

Fear the salad.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

Snake is serving up a great plate of justice salad.

...sorry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom