• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cahalan

Smash Ace
We've got you covered.

You're right, updated the title.
This also means more characters in 4.0 if you know what I'm referencing ;)

Edit: Scratch that, Greninja'd by TailsMiles, if any new people are introduced in 4.0, then probably Smash3C will takeover...

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Hey uh Smash 3 team, I think Project M has committed copyright infringement on that Coming Soon thing. you should probably get on top of that.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we'll still cover 3.6 but again we iterate that we will not be doing any new characters when 4.0 comes out. In the meantime:

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
So I have a bit of a technical question directed to anyone on the team who would be able to answer it. I decided to use the official Smash 3 Marth in my build today, when I noticed that something about him seemed... off when compared to the other Smash 3 characters, even the very early ones like Link. It's as if light doesn't shine as brightly on the model, making him look noticeably darker. I see that you guys managed to fix this issue some time ago when you showed off a Marth preview:

My question is, what about the model did you guys have to modify in order to fix the lighting issue? To my understanding, the issue lies with the model's normals, and have to be adjusted somehow. If the problem is the normals (or if not, what is?), is there some methodology you guys used to make the proper adjustments, and would I be able to make the adjustments myself to make a temporary fix in the meantime while you guys finish everything you're currently working on? Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some insight.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
3.6 is coming soon and they have even more new recolors (including awesome black armored Charizard), so...Will you handle them all?
Here is link to trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcJHZCuaG84
These stages. I can never compete. Soon they'll be full of stages that are not worth to change.

Good thing Im prepared to move to tf2 modding soon.

Cant wait to test this out.

Last edited:

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
This is super awesome! It basically fixed everything I didn't like about PM/Brawl.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
These stages. I can never compete. Soon they'll be full of stages that are not worth to change.

Good thing Im prepared to move to tf2 modding soon.

Cant wait to test this out.
*Off-topic for a sec*
Whoa, hold up now. I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes your stages, I think they're unique and well done. The people who are on the PM Dev team are on steroids. I don't think it's good to compete, per se, just churning out great work is good enough. I pray you don't leave anytime soon, because I damn sure am looking forward to the stages you have planned.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Hold up, you call THIS not competing?!

Stages like yours are the reason why I need to use stage expansion in my build, that way I don't have to make cuts!

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Despite some issues the builds have had in the past, both the Smash 3 and Smash 3C builds are by and large finished! If you are interested, the download link is on page 86.

The only issues are that I don't have any recolors to replace the 2 Ocarina Link recolors, 1 Shogun DDD recolor, and two captain falcon recolors. Let me know if you know of any replacements or of any issues with the build.

Taiko

Smash Ace
So I have a bit of a technical question directed to anyone on the team who would be able to answer it. I decided to use the official Smash 3 Marth in my build today, when I noticed that something about him seemed... off when compared to the other Smash 3 characters, even the very early ones like Link. It's as if light doesn't shine as brightly on the model, making him look noticeably darker. I see that you guys managed to fix this issue some time ago when you showed off a Marth preview:

My question is, what about the model did you guys have to modify in order to fix the lighting issue? To my understanding, the issue lies with the model's normals, and have to be adjusted somehow. If the problem is the normals (or if not, what is?), is there some methodology you guys used to make the proper adjustments, and would I be able to make the adjustments myself to make a temporary fix in the meantime while you guys finish everything you're currently working on? Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some insight.
I think that was because of the color nodes, the original model had the RGB value as all 100, so to fix it it was changed to 128 (like the other Brawl characters)

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I think that was because of the color nodes, the original model had the RGB value as all 100, so to fix it it was changed to 128 (like the other Brawl characters)
Updating the color node values did the trick, thanks for the help! Marth has the brightness and vibrance befitting of a hero king again :D

Here was one of the reasons I wanted to see if I could fix the model:

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Wait, did y'all model eye sockets for Jiggs? It looks like her eyes have depth now. If y'all did, wow! Such detail!

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
So will stock icons be included whenever this project is ready for public release?
You understand that the PMDT and the Smash 3 Team doesn't share assets right? That's all code related. So whatever they make, we work off of.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hold up, you call THIS not competing?!

Stages like yours are the reason why I need to use stage expansion in my build, that way I don't have to make cuts!
Just saw this post, you'll be happy to know that the one he has in development right now looks much better than this.

inb4, "You expected an update, but it was me, Dio!" post.

I wanted to ask something - why Mewtwo is the only one with a set of alt costumes instead of normal recolors like others?
Because the armour was already done before we decided it was way too much work to do the alternate costumes, so we figured we may as well throw them in.

So will stock icons be included whenever this project is ready for public release?
What Tails said, though if you're asking if we'll be making stocks, then yes.

Wait, did y'all model eye sockets for Jiggs? It looks like her eyes have depth now. If y'all did, wow! Such detail!
It's the Wii U model modified for Brawl, team Sakurai (?) did an awesome job with her!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Because the armour was already done before we decided it was way too much work to do the alternate costumes, so we figured we may as well throw them in.
That makes sense.
At least now there is Smash3C for other alternate costumes, so, not everything is lost.

lowbro

Smash Cadet
for the jigglypuff update, will jigglypuff have her cute smash 4 smile instead of the creepy brawl open-mouth stare (or would that require fitmotion.pac animation editing?)

For comparison:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I have a small announcement to make.
As we were working on Snake, we realized that he would be far too much work to get working the way we wanted to get him. With what we wanted to do, it was far too much for the game to handle, so we’re going to scrap Solid Snake completely, and give the files to the Smash 3C team to finish. However, we are putting together a Keifer Sutherland voice pack to update his voice, so you can all look forward to that!

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Sorry guys, but it had to be done. Things are just taking too long to get done. It was a really hard decision to make, but it's for the best, this way we can focus on finishing up the last few characters while our friends down in 3C have your back when it comes to Snake, alt costumes, and the two new characters coming out in 3.6 later on.

smashman!

Smash Cadet
So you guys expand on PM alone or animate your own movesets?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I am sad to inform that the above information is indeed correct.
We edit textures/models. Nothing is done with movesets with this project.

That being said, individually we might/kinda/ do stuff on our own.

Last edited:

smashman!

Smash Cadet
So I guess what im really trying to find out is...

Once complete, does the mod come prepacked for PM? (Optionally I Mean)

Last edited:

zeldude

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised that nobody got annoyed that our avatars were changed to Shaq instead of Dio

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
So I guess what im really trying to find out is...

Once complete, does the mod come prepacked for PM? (Optionally I Mean)
Nah, it's a mod. No prepackaging unless the Project M devs decide they wish for it to be that way, then they can consult the creator on it.

Airikr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Airikr
3DS FC
4656-7932-0593
OH GOD EVERYONE'S SHAQ BEST APRIL FOOLS EVER.

(Sorry for off-topic. Don't kill me pls)

Top Bottom