• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Santo

Smash Rookie
NNID
JASZ1234
Well I meant updating your .gct on the Cbliss tool. there should be a button to update the gct for the Cbliss tool.

Also, that sounds like an Size space problem. Is your SD card 2GB?
so do this on my origianl .gct? then after that? I doubt it's a space problem. Im using a 4GB SD with plenty of space left.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
oh cool it's on this place too... um... I wanna try something... I wanna make a logo... for Smash 3... and if yall like it... I was wondering if u'd make it ur official logo...

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Woah, I'm away from Smashboards for one day, and then another huge update happens! While R.O.B. and Wario are much welcomed additions, I have to say that the Sonic update is the real star this time around. And the recolors, so many recolors; PM 3.5 can't come soon enough, I'm going to need more costume slots! (I know there's cBliss, but it doesn't play nice with my personal build.)

Also, thanks for everyone's feedback on Dr. Mario. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the Mario update, and will adjust him accordingly (and also eventually release it on the Vault).

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Now i deleted my Project M with Smash 3 textures and i added the default PM, then i put my stuff again and it freezes...again.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Start over by backing up anything important on your SD card to your hard drive, defragment the SD card, reformat to FAT (or FAT32 if you don't have that), do a fresh reinstall of vanilla Project M 3.02, test for freezing, and then slowly add back in any of your custom content you want to put back in (textures, music, etc). Don't add in any files that you had on your SD card previously, they might be what was causing your game to crash in the first place.

If any problems persist, you'd probably be better off creating a help thread in the Help and Support subforum.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
guys, in my personal build, since i don't like default-color ROB to be loaded in the game as the Red Team costume, i replace the pink/purple costume files with the Smash 3's Virtual Boy costume instead, and made a code to have the game load that slot as the red team costume instead, because it's actually LEGIT RED (and the default color set to load as "white") while retaining the original PM Virtual Boy alt costume, so you don't worry about losing that model if you actually don't want to

if you like the idea, here's the code, you just have to add it to your codeset, no issues found on my end to this very moment, i just thought i had to share this

064553FC 00000010
09000806 02050004
01030302 08070C00

(original concept of the code and credit to Phantom Wings)

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Ooooo, The closer it gets to Smash 3DS release, the more bittersweet this becomes.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Fox has had a quick patch applied that helps his eyes not occasionally bug out on Delfino. It's in the pack and his individual download.

Just a heads-up for those who encountered it.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Fox has had a quick patch applied that helps his eyes not occasionally bug out on Delfino. It's in the pack and his individual download.

Just a heads-up for those who encountered it.
I got one question for making Fan-made Smash 3 textures. Is using color replacing brush an terrible choice for making textures?

(I'm using Photoshop CS2.)

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
The way we have it set up for the majority of the time, you just select a color, tweak the hue/saturation/brightness, and paste it with the paint bucket on a base layer.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone Tails here. I'm one of the renderers for Smash 3. Don't know if you noticed but we've been churning out updates like crazy along with improving the quality of the renders recently. We've found a faster method to creating renders for the characters while still upping the quality. The first renders I did were Dedede and Ice Climbers, but this was just before the renders received improvement. The recent renders I did for Fox, Ganondorf (Taiko did the cape), Ness, Sonic, and Wario received this treatment and were tweaked by Taiko. To give a better perspective here's Dedede's old render:

And here's his new render:

We hope these improvements accompanied with the updates will not only be pleasing to the eye but also provide a nice perspective on the changes.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
i have been noticing (at least in PM) that Sonic doesn't have completely white eyes
he has gray+a random hue on them, i haven't noticed if it happens mid-match after they show correctly white, or if he starts the match with those eyes
i'll provide screenshots later

Axonn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axonn1018
3DS FC
3454-1237-0469
I was expecting the fixes on Dedede's (kind of creepy) eyes but I find myself more impressed with dat wood for some reason. I love the new rendering method, they look fantastic. Can't wait for the release.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Another update today guys! Is that...Sonic? Impossible!

And of course, we did the Final Smashes for Sonic and Wario as well:

Sonic gets a total of 14 recolors, to make up for the wait. Brawl users can use cBliss to expand their slots and add all 8 Brawl Style Sonics, while Project M users get their Shadow and Silver costumes early as well as an Espio costume and...Boom Sonic?! Boom Sonic and Silver will replace the Silver and Tails costume slots in Project M 3.5, but for the time being, you guys can grab them in the indivudal download and replace whichever slots you like.

And finally, as we're nearing our 1-year anniversary, this comparison had to be made:

Only if it's Knuckles, with a Pumpkin Hill alternate costume. Make it happen PMBR.
But really, we'll see. We don't have anything planned specifically, but who knows.

As Shin F. said, there's a rim lighting tutorial by Mewtwo2000 here. Scout does a few extra things though, so if he were to make a computer I'm sure he'd include them.

Don't worry, we'll get to him eventually. Do understand that Wolf is a bit more difficult due to the complexity in his design, but we do have some progress on him.

Very nice! I am going to update the Mario textures eventually though, so keep that in mind. Maybe add a texture to his pants as well?

That's because we don't use our rim specifically as rim, it's there more to emulate higher quality lighting.

The face and stuff is ours for sure, it just goes to show how outdated the Mario textures are.
Uh oh... I think I know who's coming for Sonic...

Soniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic!
[/spoiler]

Well, you guys let it happen. :p I can't wait to play Sonic with those new looks that he has and Sonic Boom version... Oh yeah...

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I was expecting the fixes on Dedede's (kind of creepy) eyes but I find myself more impressed with dat wood for some reason. I love the new rendering method, they look fantastic. Can't wait for the release.
[collapse=I tried. For a month]

Dedede looks psychotic in most cases. This is the most extreme.
[/collapse]
Due to the way he animates and how his model is rigged, there's no good solution without completely recreating every aspect of him which would be a massive undertaking and alienate a lot of people from using this because it'd no longer be safe for wi-fi.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Huh, is it really that complicated? I figured I could just replace the eye textures from your guys' DDD with KTH's.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Huh, is it really that complicated? I figured I could just replace the eye textures from your guys' DDD with KTH's.
That was one of the first things we tried. The problem arises when he starts to look around and his eyes begin to look a bit unusual. If you're okay with them looking odd for certain animations that will be fine.

EDIT: We wanted to make them look better, but over-all we got the affect we were least concerned by with his Brawl sized eyes since, at the very least, his animations were made for them. As much as I'd want to make a hyper expressive Dedede (which we looked into), it's too big of an undertaking for us.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Hey everyone Tails here. I'm one of the renderers for Smash 3. Don't know if you noticed but we've been churning out updates like crazy along with improving the quality of the renders recently. We've found a faster method to creating renders for the characters while still upping the quality. The first renders I did were Dedede and Ice Climbers, but this was just before the renders received improvement. The recent renders I did for Fox, Ganondorf (Taiko did the cape), Ness, Sonic, and Wario received this treatment and were tweaked by Taiko. To give a better perspective here's Dedede's old render:

And here's his new render:

We hope these improvements accompanied with the updates will not only be pleasing to the eye but also provide a nice perspective on the changes.
Dedede looks so nice. If you were to update the render for the Ice Climbers, might I suggest that they strike a pose similar to their trophy model in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS?

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
I love this mod and would like to use all the alts through cbliss as previously suggested however my build already uses libertyernies classic expansion and so I am wondering if anyone would be able to direct me in how I might get both of these mods working in conjunction with one another within project m. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
All this talk about cBliss, makes me want to get one myself.

But I feel too lazy to get it.................

Oh, if only a kind and gentle smashboards user could send me a file ready cBliss PM... *wink, wink*

*wink*

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Um, the fix for fox's' eyes on delfino plaza freezes when you try to play as him on that stage (mostly a silent freeze).

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
So, today I made 2 simple recolors for Ike and Roy:

Inicially I wanted to do a Nowi recolored Ike...but my skills sux. Can I upload these fan textures to the Vault Smash 3 Team?

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I have great news!!
Now i´ve fixed my PM and now works perfectly fine!!!
I´m so happy playing with Wario, R.O.B. and Sonic with his awesome new voice!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So, today I made 2 simple recolors for Ike and Roy:

Inicially I wanted to do a Nowi recolored Ike...but my skills sux. Can I upload these fan textures to the Vault Smash 3 Team?
Yes. We encourage it.

I have great news!!
Now i´ve fixed my PM and now works perfectly fine!!!
I´m so happy playing with Wario, R.O.B. and Sonic with his awesome new voice!
I am glad you got your build sorted!

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
I made some recolors for mario if ya'll want them. I don't think they look that good personally, and I can't even get ingame screenies but ya'll might like them.
EDIT: Whoops, forgot to include the IMGUR link. http://imgur.com/a/KoEFr

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
It's a bug that we haven't been able to figure out, we'll look into it and try to fix it for a future update!
*UPDATED WITH RECENT FIX*
Heyooooooo! Awesome Stuff here Smash 3 team! Let's add to the hype shall we?

Known issue: Ball color is slightly different than skin color. Will try to fix later but no guarantee.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE~!

The Espio, Shadow, And Silver Costumes now have accurate eye colors! And the green has brown eyes just for fun!
Hope you all enjoy these costumes!
All credits go to the smash 3 team for the amazing model and textures!
Well Good Night!
In downloading NinfanNaz's Sonic eye palettes and "Tails" Sonic, I noticed something interesting. His Sonics do not have the eye glitch, while Taiko's do.
You two may want to collaborate on how NinfanNaz solved that problem.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Surprise update!
First, we've got Falco joining Fox with new threads, as well as enough costume slots to fill up the Melee Falco slots.

Next, Ganondorf has recieved 3 additional costumes to go over Melee Ganondorf's when 3.5 rolls around. No point keeping them to ourselves when they're done though, right? Let's see if you guys can guess what the new green is based off of?

And finally, the unexpected update?! We've updated the HUD with elements borrowed from Smash 3DS, as well as a few new things to fit in with all the new stuff. Because we had a lot of requests for a centered timer, it now comes in a variety of flavours! You'll be able to choose between Gradient and Non Gradient numbers, as well as the Regular or Project M centered timer (for both vBrawl and P:M versions).

Now that we've polished it up, how would you guys feel if we added it as stock in the pack?

Last edited:
Top Bottom