• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taiko

Smash Ace
I made some recolors for mario if ya'll want them. I don't think they look that good personally, and I can't even get ingame screenies but ya'll might like them.
EDIT: Whoops, forgot to include the IMGUR link. http://imgur.com/a/KoEFr
Purple Mario is planned, eventually.
In downloading NinfanNaz's Sonic eye palettes and "Tails" Sonic, I noticed something interesting. His Sonics do not have the eye glitch, while Taiko's do.
You two may want to collaborate on how NinfanNaz solved that problem.
That's odd, like Antonio Garcia said, I thought we fixed it.

EDIT: Did not mean to double post. Oops.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Yea i updated it with their fix. They fixed it.

Also, Dishin' out updates like

Love all the new stuff! Especially that character!! That bird ain't Falco!

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Surprise update!
First, we've got Falco joining Fox with new threads, as well as enough costume slots to fill up the Melee Falco slots.

Next, Ganondorf has recieved 3 additional costumes to go over Melee Ganondorf's when 3.5 rolls around. No point keeping them to ourselves when they're done though, right? Let's see if you guys can guess what the new green is based off of?

And finally, the unexpected update?! We've updated the HUD with elements borrowed from Smash 3DS, as well as a few new things to fit in with all the new stuff. Because we had a lot of requests for a centered timer, it now comes in a variety of flavours! You'll be able to choose between Gradient and Non Gradient numbers, as well as the Regular or Project M centered timer (for both vBrawl and P:M versions).

Now that we've polished it up, how would you guys feel if we added it as stock in the pack?
Holy **** This is so AWESOME!!!! Quick question, Why is the title named "That ain't Dedede"?

Taiko

Smash Ace
BTW, Did y'all used advanced techniques or basic techniques for Photoshop?
Just base colour layers, and tons of brush lines + smudging. Maybe a few texture overlays as well. You can check the few PSDs we have up for an idea of how things are done (Armor Mewtwo might be a good idea as it covers all of the above).
Holy **** This is so AWESOME!!!! Quick question, Why is the title named "That ain't Dedede"?
Because Tails teased a Dedede update, but then we suddenly realized Falco was basically more finished!
because it aint dedede
I laughed harder than I should have at this.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

Views Project M: Customized Content board

THAT AIN'T DEDEDE TITLE ON SMASH 3 PROJECT

OMG THAT MSUTT EMAEN KIRBY!@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECKS THREAD SUPER ****ING HYPESD KDIRBRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRIES

CRI

cri cri cri

You thought it would be Kirby, BUT IT WAS ME, FALCO!

TAIKO WHY

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Lookin good as usual team. Personally i prefer the air the non gradient numbers with the centered timer.

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Just base colour layers, and tons of brush lines + smudging. Maybe a few texture overlays as well. You can check the few PSDs we have up for an idea of how things are done (Armor Mewtwo might be a good idea as it covers all of the above).
I see. Just regular or custom brushes for Photoshop?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I'm so happy to finally see this project coming close to it's completion. Your work is incredible and the only reason I haven't installed it yet is my favorite characters haven't been finished (Squirtle, Bowser, and Wolf).

I am sad to hear some of you don't plan on returning to this game after Smash 4's release though. I might be biased since I love PM and I've never had so much fun learning how to play a character as I have with Squirtle. I won't lie, I'll probably be playing Smash 4 just as often as I'll be playing PM because of Mega Man, but completely dropping a game seems so...

Again, I have no idea how much you guys enjoy Brawl or PM as stand alone titles. I have no idea if any of you play some of the dropped characters or missing ones like Roy, Mewtwo, Lucas, Ice Climbers, etc. I don't know if some of you just don't have the time to play multiple smash titles. I only hope that you guys do occasionally find the time to enjoy the fruits of your labor every now and then.

This is truly an amazing project that I'm sure will still garner a lot of attention long after Smash 4's release. Hands off to you guys for creating some of the highest quality custom content I've seen all across the vault and the boards. You guys deserve all the praise you've recieved thus far, if not more.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Ughhh....Now it seems PM hates me, now after i downloaded yours awesome Falco and Ganon updates (also the new HUD)
I started, i tried Falco everything was ok but in the Character Select Screen it freezes!!!

Oh! Also it freezes when i move the hand on the Toon Link-Ganon-Captain Falcon Section...
It may be because the Ganon mod.

Also i swaped some costumes..so i don´t know if that´s bad...

Now i put the Ganon costumes like it has to be originally, but it keeps freezing!!

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Surprise update!
First, we've got Falco joining Fox with new threads, as well as enough costume slots to fill up the Melee Falco slots.

Next, Ganondorf has recieved 3 additional costumes to go over Melee Ganondorf's when 3.5 rolls around. No point keeping them to ourselves when they're done though, right? Let's see if you guys can guess what the new green is based off of?

And finally, the unexpected update?! We've updated the HUD with elements borrowed from Smash 3DS, as well as a few new things to fit in with all the new stuff. Because we had a lot of requests for a centered timer, it now comes in a variety of flavours! You'll be able to choose between Gradient and Non Gradient numbers, as well as the Regular or Project M centered timer (for both vBrawl and P:M versions).

Now that we've polished it up, how would you guys feel if we added it as stock in the pack?
Please tell me theres a way to download all of this stuff in one giant Smash 3 build or something.

Taiko

Smash Ace

Views Project M: Customized Content board

THAT AIN'T DEDEDE TITLE ON SMASH 3 PROJECT

OMG THAT MSUTT EMAEN KIRBY!@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECKS THREAD SUPER ****ING HYPESD KDIRBRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRIES

CRI

cri cri cri

You thought it would be Kirby, BUT IT WAS ME, FALCO!

TAIKO WHY
Haha, sorry, every day I don't post Kirby I can feel the disappointment coming from you across the internet. But! I'm pretty sure Kirby is coming before Snake...
Lookin good as usual team. Personally i prefer the air the non gradient numbers with the centered timer.
Thanks! I personally use the non gradient numbers too, my main gripe with the HUD before has been fixed/
I see. Just regular or custom brushes for Photoshop?
Yup, the standard round brush is all I use.
I'm so happy to finally see this project coming close to it's completion. Your work is incredible and the only reason I haven't installed it yet is my favorite characters haven't been finished (Squirtle, Bowser, and Wolf).

I am sad to hear some of you don't plan on returning to this game after Smash 4's release though. I might be biased since I love PM and I've never had so much fun learning how to play a character as I have with Squirtle. I won't lie, I'll probably be playing Smash 4 just as often as I'll be playing PM because of Mega Man, but completely dropping a game seems so...

Again, I have no idea how much you guys enjoy Brawl or PM as stand alone titles. I have no idea if any of you play some of the dropped characters or missing ones like Roy, Mewtwo, Lucas, Ice Climbers, etc. I don't know if some of you just don't have the time to play multiple smash titles. I only hope that you guys do occasionally find the time to enjoy the fruits of your labor every now and then.

This is truly an amazing project that I'm sure will still garner a lot of attention long after Smash 4's release. Hands off to you guys for creating some of the highest quality custom content I've seen all across the vault and the boards. You guys deserve all the praise you've recieved thus far, if not more.
I can say all 3 of those characters are quite far in development, so you won't be without this project for long!
It's not that we're "dropping" a game, it's just that we never got to fully enjoy it because we'd been working on this so long. It's been maybe 1-2 months since I've actually played the game! Hopefully I can actually sit down with it and enjoy it once we've done everyone and put out a 1.0!
Ughhh....Now it seems PM hates me, now after i downloaded yours awesome Falco and Ganon updates (also the new HUD)
I started, i tried Falco everything was ok but in the Character Select Screen it freezes!!!

Oh! Also it freezes when i move the hand on the Toon Link-Ganon-Captain Falcon Section...
It may be because the Ganon mod.

Also i swaped some costumes..so i don´t know if that´s bad...

Now i put the Ganon costumes like it has to be originally, but it keeps freezing!!
If it freezes when you scroll over a costume, that means you put an incorrect CSP. CSPs have to be 128x160. Even if you swapped the actual costume files, the game isn't loading anything from there until you actually load the game, so it's something to do with your common5.pac.
Please tell me theres a way to download all of this stuff in one giant Smash 3 build or something.
There is. Check "The Pack" on the front page, it has everything that we've finished included.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Haha, sorry, every day I don't post Kirby I can feel the disappointment coming from you across the internet. But! I'm pretty sure Kirby is coming before Snake...

Thanks! I personally use the non gradient numbers too, my main gripe with the HUD before has been fixed/

I can say all 3 of those characters are quite far in development, so you won't be without this project for long!
It's not that we're "dropping" a game, it's just that we never got to fully enjoy it because we'd been working on this so long. It's been maybe 1-2 months since I've actually played the game! Hopefully I can actually sit down with it and enjoy it once we've done everyone and put out a 1.0!

If it freezes when you scroll over a costume, that means you put an incorrect CSP. CSPs have to be 128x160. Even if you swapped the actual costume files, the game isn't loading anything from there until you actually load the game, so it's something to do with your common5.pac.

There is. Check "The Pack" on the front page, it has everything that we've finished included.
God status. Will download when everything is complete/

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER

Yup, the standard round brush is all I use.

Now i´ve changed Ganondorf CSP to 128x160....the game still freezes
But it freezes when the hand pass over Toon Link (without choose him) so i changed his CSP too, but again it freezes...I don´t know what to do now.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Now i´ve changed Ganondorf CSP to 128x160....the game still freezes
But it freezes when the hand pass over Toon Link (without choose him) so i changed his CSP too, but again it freezes...I don´t know what to do now.
Try not changing the CSPs then. I can assure you our stuff works for sure, so it's something that you changed on your end. If you still can't figure out what the problem is after that, I'd suggest making a help thread to avoid throwing this thread off topic.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Try not changing the CSPs then. I can assure you our stuff works for sure, so it's something that you changed on your end. If you still can't figure out what the problem is after that, I'd suggest making a help thread to avoid throwing this thread off topic.
Ok i'll do it, thank you!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I have a minor glitch to report. Sonic's new Sonic Boom costume's motion trails don't work properly (Both with and without the optional motion trail files). This happens for a second whenever he runs or does a side taunt.
EDIT: Extra costumes don't have working motion trails on Sonic; with or without Smash 3.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
I have a minor glitch to report. Sonic's new Sonic Boom costume's motion trails don't work properly (Both with and without the optional motion trail files). This happens for a second whenever he runs or does a side taunt.
Are you using cBliss? cBliss tends to make stuff like that happen for characters with motion trails, as it can't load what's not there. In this case, the extra run trails aren't there, so it loads that effect (The same is true for ROB, except his arm spin doesn't load a new trail at all).

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Ah, yes. The journeys taken by those learning how to use/make mods, the path from apprentice to master, 1337 skillz taken from one hacking community to the next, transcending the very years through which the games are released....
Have no fear young @ DexstarGAMER DexstarGAMER , there is much to learn and exponentially more to teach in future tense...

*fades out ethereally*

Note from beyond: Listen to @ Taiko Taiko , the man knows his way around this stuff.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Are you using cBliss? cBliss tends to make stuff like that happen for characters with motion trails, as it can't load what's not there. In this case, the extra run trails aren't there, so it loads that effect (The same is true for ROB, except his arm spin doesn't load a new trail at all).
That's a Con about Cbliss, It can also screw up Character's Entry.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly (I'm using a Project M / BrawlEx Hybrid) but I did give him extra costumes, but further testing showed it was just extra slot Sonics. I was actually just about to edit my post. No way to make the trails work on extra costumes then?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Not exactly (I'm using a Project M / BrawlEx Hybrid) but I did give him extra costumes, but further testing showed it was just extra slot Sonics. I was actually just about to edit my post. No way to make the trails work on extra costumes then?
Sadly not that I know of. The PMDT seems to have fixed it with the extra Sonic slots (or, I'd hope so), so you can place them there when it's out. 3.5 hype!

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Loving the latest updates, Falco looks just badass (hope Wolf would be finished soon!)

BTW: Fox still has the eye issue in Delfino Plaza, I re-downloaded the textures, tested and he's still buggy :(

I have a similar problem with a custom Yoshi texture: I combined Shun's Vibrant Yoshi with a Rim Yoshi model from the Vault, I added Shun's textures and replaced the "edge" texture with yours, and he looked a lot better, but in DP, he looks not only eye-less, like Fox, but also the rim goes nuts and looks like a strange shine all over his body. This doesn't happen with Sheik, Captain Falcon, Mario, Luigi, Link and Zelda, who I've edited in the same way, but using Smash 3 "pac/pcs" files as a base. There is also a "WiiU Bowser" texture I tried before and I recall the "shine" bug being the same (or even worse than Yoshi's), your Bowser doesn't show this issue, so I guess it has something to do with both the rim and the textures of each character (but you guys know more than I do about this atuff).

And for the guy who has freezing problems: Have you tried re-installing "common5.pac"? I once had a problem like that when editing songs display and CSP's, so I tried replacing the "common5" with a new one from the PM rar file and then again add the CSP's,it worked (seems like the old file was corrupted, once I begun to use the latest Brawlbox version, the issues ended). Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
BTW: Fox still has the eye issue in Delfino Plaza, I re-downloaded the textures, tested and he's still buggy :(
We know. It's caused by the Delfino Rim lighting bug, of which we know how to fix. However, for some reason, when applying the fix to Fox's eyes he crashes the game. We have to figure out something else.

EDIT: our rim expert just got some free time, so hopefully he'll have it patched today.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom

I have a similar problem with a custom Yoshi texture: I combined Shun's Vibrant Yoshi with a Rim Yoshi model from the Vault, I added Shun's textures and replaced the "edge" texture with yours, and he looked a lot better, but in DP, he looks not only eye-less, like Fox, but also the rim goes nuts and looks like a strange shine all over his body. This doesn't happen with Sheik, Captain Falcon, Mario, Luigi, Link and Zelda, who I've edited in the same way, but using Smash 3 "pac/pcs" files as a base. There is also a "WiiU Bowser" texture I tried before and I recall the "shine" bug being the same (or even worse than Yoshi's), your Bowser doesn't show this issue, so I guess it has something to do with both the rim and the textures of each character (but you guys know more than I do about this atuff).
The Smash 3 team does rimlighting in a special way to avoid any glitches that could happen. The tutorial that most people use doesn't do everything to ensure that the rimlighting doesn't glitch up. That's why non-smash 3 rimlit models look crazy on Delfino.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Grettings Smashboards,

Recently, it has come to our teams attention that someone has been re-posting our work to a facebook page and claiming it as their own. They don't link to our thread, they don't link to our blog, and they are acting like our project and their's are one and the same. They even translated posts made by me and Taiko, word for word, into spanish, then added a small sentence about how their project is the same as ours.

Naturally, we contacted this person and told them to credit us properly and link to our thread. Instead of doing that they are posting our work and saying which of us worked on it and then adding themselves as part of the team. They still don't link to our thread or our blog and are pretending like they have a hand in what we do. This is not what we asked them to do, and we've since requested that they stop re-posting our work, credit or otherwise. They've ignored this request and so I am posting publicly about this so everyone knows what's going on.

They have deleted facebook posts that link to our thread and ignore our requests, so I am taking the liberty of posting this so everyone is aware of the situation. To make matters worse, it's not only our teams work that is being stolen but those of other members of the Brawl modding community and Project M as well. If you've made a Brawl mod or know someone who does, notify them to check this guys page for their work because it may have been stolen.

This person is a thief and we would just like those that do not know to be aware of this fact. Thank you all, and have a good day.

-------------

Also, Fox's eye fix is now up.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
In case he's taking stuff right from your DropBox download, maybe you should edit the readme file to explain this as well. It could spread word a little bit more beyond here, where everyone already knows it's you guys only.

EDIT: Having a Spanish version would be useful, too.

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Grettings Smashboards,

Recently, it has come to our teams attention that someone has been re-posting our work to a facebook page and claiming it as their own. They don't link to our thread, they don't link to our blog, and they are acting like our project and their's are one and the same. They even translated posts made by me and Taiko, word for word, into spanish, then added a small sentence about how their project is the same as ours.

Naturally, we contacted this person and told them to credit us properly and link to our thread. Instead of doing that they are posting our work and saying which of us worked on it and then adding themselves as part of the team. They still don't link to our thread or our blog and are pretending like they have a hand in what we do. This is not what we asked them to do, and we've since requested that they stop re-posting our work, credit or otherwise. They've ignored this request and so I am posting publicly about this so everyone knows what's going on.

They have deleted facebook posts that link to our thread and ignore our requests, so I am taking the liberty of posting this so everyone is aware of the situation. To make matters worse, it's not only our teams work that is being stolen but those of other members of the Brawl modding community and Project M as well. If you've made a Brawl mod or know someone who does, notify them to check this guys page for their work because it may have been stolen.

This person is a thief and we would just like those that do not know to be aware of this fact. Thank you all, and have a good day.

-------------

Also, Fox's eye fix is now up.
I hate people like that. Also, Thanks for Fox fix.

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
My facebook name is Edel Morales, I DON'T CARE about my facebook privacy anymore, I've been dealing with this guy for far toooooo long. Weeks of nothing but pure anger.

https://www.facebook.com/ModProject...ffset=0&total_comments=12&notif_t=photo_reply

People like this, PEOPLE LIKE THIS. Get me so enraged... everything is a joke.

joke joke joke... I am worth nothing for the team it seems, so my opinion is... is **** for him.

*sigh*

The only reason I was ignored, that I was a laughing stock, I wasn't Taiko.
Dude. Chillax. God loves you, and he forgives you. believe me, I kinda did the same thing on the PMDT subreddit, only different. its complicated.

Top Bottom