• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Just tried the new skins out in PM and I've run into some problems:

1. Since the biker outfits came first before the overalls outfit in the download, I renamed the .pac files based on PM's changes and in-game I ran into the following:

- Wario deals no damage with his pummels.
- Wario's first costume is the biker outfit with the overalls outfit as a BP
- Game froze when I went overalls Wario

2. Where do I change ROB's battle portraits? I looked in info/portrite and the only BP that was there was the Virtual Boy Alt from vanilla P:M.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96

1. Since the biker outfits came first before the overalls outfit in the download, I renamed the .pac files based on PM's changes and in-game I ran into the following:

Put the overalls textures where they would if you were playing vBrawl. The P:M team only changed the order of the costumes on the CSS, not which one is in which slot.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
My methods are quite different I assure, its mostly to ensure no glitches happen with them. Especially on delphino plaza and characters on FS mode, these tend to glitch out since on the tutorial offered by Mewtwo2k doesn't cover the whole thing and it isn't updated.
Nvm, is your rim light method similar to Mewtwo2k's method? I took a look at one of your Rim lighting, and you added an Extra Stage before adding a stage for Rim Lighting.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER

2. Where do I change ROB's battle portraits? I looked in info/portrite and the only BP that was there was the Virtual Boy Alt from vanilla P:M.
There is a bunch of battle portrites files that i´ve found R.O.B. is 341 i think.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vhNdf69qaScTlqYkhVb2VjVXc&tid=0B4vhNdf69qaSZ0N0MnBjOXFYMU0

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
*UPDATED WITH RECENT FIX*
Heyooooooo! Awesome Stuff here Smash 3 team! Let's add to the hype shall we?

Known issue: Ball color is slightly different than skin color. Will try to fix later but no guarantee.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE~!

The Espio, Shadow, And Silver Costumes now have accurate eye colors! And the green has brown eyes just for fun!
Hope you all enjoy these costumes!
All credits go to the smash 3 team for the amazing model and textures!
Well Good Night!

Last edited:

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Looks nice! Is there a way you could use the CSPs included in the individual downloads instead? That's...a lot of renders I'd have to send over, so if there are any where the CSPs aren't good enough, PM me and I'll send you the full ones.
So I made two versions of Roy, one using his CSP and one using his render:

The CSP version comes out blurry, since after cropping I'm resizing it to be a bit smaller. So I think I do need the renders to reach a standard of quality I'm happy with.

I know it's asking a lot, but I'd really appreciate the renders if you can. If not, that's okay. (Also, I certainly don't need them soon, if delay is easier. If I expect to get them eventually, there's quite a bit of preparation I can do with what I already have.)

I do already have 8 renders from this thread; I'm listing when they were posted as well in case some are outdated: Roy (from March 5th), Meta Knight (March 16th), Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff (April 1st), Mewtwo (August 11th), Falco (August 18th), and Ness and Lucas (September 13th).

And obviously I don't need Mr. Game & Watch, since his default costume is unchanged and you're still using the default pose.

Um, to ask even more of you, if it would be possible to get renders of the two Ice Climbers separately, that'd help with making them positioned differently relative to each other in the CSS icon and the CSP, as they are in the default Brawl CSS (and yours). I don't need to do that, and didn't with my current version, but it'd be nice to have the option.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

Pm launches the .pac in a different order than vBrawl, chaging the numbers was not necesary, since now Pm cannot find the correct .pac anymore. Put it back to normal and check.

Nvm, is your rim light method similar to Mewtwo2k's method? I took a look at one of your Rim lighting, and you added an Extra Stage before adding a stage for Rim Lighting.
Part of it yes. But like I said, Mewtwo2k tutorial doesn't cover the whole thing yet, and he suggested a material tool to be used for rimlight.

I don't use tools outside of BB, so it takes more time. That's what makes it a different progress.

It does begin the same way as Mewtwo's tutorial, but some steps change order and more steps goes between them.

Also, in some cases, some materials you don't want rimlight ties with some shaders you need rimlit. You need a more direct control in order to make sure you don't accidentally add rim to a wrong material, or a glitch happens and you cannot spot the source.

I also add a couple of things that fixes issues:
I also modify shaders and materials by replacing them with one and another to avoid glitchy eyes on final smashes, like pikachu's for example.
The other thing I do, is add that shader you mentioned, to fix the Delphino Island glitch.

Basically, if you learn to rimlight the mewtwo way, its okay. You could incorporate what I add into it, but like I say, its better to avoid tools in order to feel more in control of what you are doing.

Its not a big deal honestly, but you know, the less glitches the better.

---I'm posting alot of stuff lately, must be hype---

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Ok, now i have a problem with Sonic
-When i choose him the game freezes
The thing is that when i put the new texture i switched the Sonic Boom and the Silver one (i don´t know if that´s bad)
Note: I´ve already delete some files so it might not be because my SD card is full.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
The thing is that when i put the new texture i switched the Sonic Boom and the Silver one (i don´t know if that´s bad)
Note: I´ve already delete some files so it might not be because my SD card is full.
More information is needed to determine what could be causing your game to freeze. Are you using some sort of additional costumes mod? Does the game freeze upon choosing Sonic or upon scrolling through his costumes?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Alright, since the eye issue randomly happens it's kinda hard to pin exactly what's causing it, but we've issued a small fix in both the individual and pack downloads for Sonic. Download it and let us know if the issues persist.

So I made two versions of Roy, one using his CSP and one using his render:

The CSP version comes out blurry, since after cropping I'm resizing it to be a bit smaller. So I think I do need the renders to reach a standard of quality I'm happy with.

I know it's asking a lot, but I'd really appreciate the renders if you can. If not, that's okay. (Also, I certainly don't need them soon, if delay is easier. If I expect to get them eventually, there's quite a bit of preparation I can do with what I already have.)

I do already have 8 renders from this thread; I'm listing when they were posted as well in case some are outdated: Roy (from March 5th), Meta Knight (March 16th), Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff (April 1st), Mewtwo (August 11th), Falco (August 18th), and Ness and Lucas (September 13th).

And obviously I don't need Mr. Game & Watch, since his default costume is unchanged and you're still using the default pose.

Um, to ask even more of you, if it would be possible to get renders of the two Ice Climbers separately, that'd help with making them positioned differently relative to each other in the CSS icon and the CSP, as they are in the default Brawl CSS (and yours). I don't need to do that, and didn't with my current version, but it'd be nice to have the option.
I see what you mean, but I'm a bit skeptical of sending you so many of our renders when we've recently been experiencing some theft issues. I almost didn't want to post the full ones for the latest releases, sorry.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
The problem is that when i put the new texture i switched the Sonic Boom and the Silver one (i don´t know if that´s bad)
More information is needed to determine what could be causing your game to freeze. Are you using some sort of additional costumes mod? Does the game freeze upon choosing Sonic or upon scrolling through his costumes?
No, i don't have any other mod, just added your SFX pack and that's it!
Also it freezes when i choose the sonic boom costume and go the the stage select screen.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Alright, since the eye issue randomly happens it's kinda hard to pin exactly what's causing it, but we've issued a small fix in both the individual and pack downloads for Sonic. Download it and let us know if the issues persist.

I see what you mean, but I'm a bit skeptical of sending you so many of our renders when we've recently been experiencing some theft issues. I almost didn't want to post the full ones for the latest releases, sorry.
Theft? Really? Was it someone from Smashboards, or just some random person calling your stuff their own somewhere else?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
No, i don't have any other mod, just added your SFX pack and that's it!
Also it freezes when i choose the sonic boom costume and go the the stage select screen.
Are you running Project M, or Brawl? In either case, Silver's files aren't stock to be replaced so I'm trying to understand which Sonic slot you swapped his files with.

Theft? Really? Was it someone from Smashboards, or just some random person calling your stuff their own somewhere else?
Seems to be a random person. If possible we'd like to resolve this quietly, but should that cease to work...

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Okay, that makes sense. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with that.

Um, I guess if anyone from your team is interested in making CSS portraits that work with my CSS, I'd be honored and happy to help. (Or if you guys want any other help with a CSS, probably.)

Taiko

Smash Ace
Okay, that makes sense. I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with that.

Um, I guess if anyone from your team is interested in making CSS portraits that work with my CSS, I'd be honored and happy to help. (Or if you guys want any other help with a CSS, probably.)
I just remembered, Roy wouldn't be a good example because we actually rendered his CSPs at a lower res to make things go by quicker. The latest CSPs are all downscaled versions of the full renders, so you should be able to get the same quality. I tested this out with Sonic, here are the results:

The left one is the resized CSP, while the right one is the resized render.

For reference, Roy, Falco, Captain Falcon, and Meta Knight were all the characters we rendered at lower resolutions. These will probably give you the blurry results you were experiencing, so I'd be okay with sending you the full ones for those four.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I believe they have been watching us from both Smashboards and KC-MM as well. Like Shun said, we'd rather settle this issue amongst ourselves, but if push comes to shove... well, things will get rather unpleasant, so let's just leave it at that.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Are you running Project M, or Brawl? In either case, Silver's files aren't stock to be replaced so I'm trying to understand which Sonic slot you swapped his files with.

Seems to be a random person. If possible we'd like to resolve this quietly, but should that cease to work...
Yep, that's the problem i am using Project M and i switched the Silver Costune and the Sonic Boom one...

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Yep, that's the problem i am using Project M and i switched the Silver Costune and the Sonic Boom one...
Put it back the way it was before and try again. If it works, try replacing the boom model with something else. Probably, you did something wrong while replacing.
Also, I hope the files you deleted weren't important for the mods to work.

I believe they have been watching us from both Smashboards and KC-MM as well. Like Shun said, we'd rather settle this issue amongst ourselves, but if push comes to shove... well, things will get rather unpleasant, so let's just leave it at that.

And all I can say about this subject is...
No vamos a tolerar esto mas, la proxima, las cosas no seran resueltas pacificamente. Ya lo saben.

Lets not speak about this more, we are all here to have a good time... and fix the problems with the mods, and hype.

Juken

Smash Ace
Where exactly is the difference in the optional effects? I'm not seeing them in comparison to his default PM one.

Also, I'd like to recommend that you guys use a white effect for Sonic's forward-air/up-tilt attack. I made one for my personal build a long time ago, and it goes better and makes more sense with any Sonic skins that don't have red shoes because the white just looks like wind.
preiew.PNG

All I did with this was remove the saturation from the red part on the default effect, and then put some transparent lines and a fading gradient at the end of it for a more "windy" look. It didn't turn out as good as you guys could do because I'm not really an expert at photoshop, but I find this to be much nicer than the default PM one.

Oh, and is it just me, or does his "you're too slow" taunt not have audio if you don't use the optional voice?

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Will ya'll make Alts based off of the SSB4 reskins I.E. The purple/teal or waluigi that mario has?

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Ok i'll fix that and i just deleted some songs, nothing special.
Put it back the way it was before and try again. If it works, try replacing the boom model with something else. Probably, you did something wrong while replacing.
Also, I hope the files you deleted weren't important for the mods to work.

And all I can say about this subject is...
No vamos a tolerar esto mas, la proxima, las cosas no seran resueltas pacificamente. Ya lo saben.

Lets not speak about this more, we are all here to have a good time... and fix the problems with the mods, and hype.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I have a question.
-Can i change the sonic Boom texture wherever i want? or i have to just replace the Shadow one?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Where exactly is the difference in the optional effects? I'm not seeing them in comparison to his default PM one.

Also, I'd like to recommend that you guys use a white effect for Sonic's forward-air/up-tilt attack. I made one for my personal build a long time ago, and it goes better and makes more sense with any Sonic skins that don't have red shoes because the white just looks like wind.
View attachment 25827

All I did with this was remove the saturation from the red part on the default effect, and then put some transparent lines and a fading gradient at the end of it for a more "windy" look. It didn't turn out as good as you guys could do because I'm not really an expert at photoshop, but I find this to be much nicer than the default PM one.

Oh, and is it just me, or does his "you're too slow" taunt not have audio if you don't use the optional voice?
The optional effects are the runtrails (the blurs during dashes), tweaked spintrails (overlaid on ball based attacks) and the spring.

As for the voice getting mute, we've updated the individual download with a no SFX version, the SFX version was using a changed ID. Sorry about that!

The kick attack is an interesting change, I never thought of it. It might be worth looking into, we'll see if we add it in at a later date.

Will ya'll make Alts based off of the SSB4 reskins I.E. The purple/teal or waluigi that mario has?
Considering they're easy to do and we can fill the P:M slots with them, yes. We already have recently as well (Fox, Ness, Sonic, ROB, Wario).

Random question: What's the Windows theme of whoever did the instructions?

http://i.imgur.com/Ci0NUYw.png
Of all the things, I was not expecting this. It's Glass Onion (Dusk) by SolMiler, great theme!

Ok i'll fix that and i just deleted some songs, nothing special.
I have a question.
-Can i change the sonic Boom texture wherever i want? or i have to just replace the Shadow one?
It sounds to me like you're installing something wrong. How do your folders look, exactly?
The Boom Sonic can go over any slot, it doesn't matter. Same goes for Silver.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
The optional effects are the runtrails (the blurs during dashes), tweaked spintrails (overlaid on ball based attacks) and the spring.

As for the voice getting mute, we've updated the individual download with a no SFX version, the SFX version was using a changed ID. Sorry about that!

The kick attack is an interesting change, I never thought of it. It might be worth looking into, we'll see if we add it in at a later date.

Considering they're easy to do and we can fill the P:M slots with them, yes. We already have recently as well (Fox, Ness, Sonic, ROB, Wario).

Of all the things, I was not expecting this. It's Glass Onion (Dusk) by SolMiler, great theme!

It sounds to me like you're installing something wrong. How do your folders look, exactly?
The Boom Sonic can go over any slot, it doesn't matter. Same goes for Silver.
Never mind, i though Sonic was the problem, but i recently choose Mario vs Mario and it freezes, it happens with all character...so now i have a bigger problem...

Taiko

Smash Ace
Never mind, i though Sonic was the problem, but i recently choose Mario vs Mario and it freezes, it happens with all character...so now i have a bigger problem...
What are you deleting exactly? I'd suggest clearing your SD card once, and just reinstalling everything again.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
What are you deleting exactly? I'd suggest clearing your SD card once, and just reinstalling everything again.
Yep, i´ll do that.
But i´ve just deleted some BRSTM files!
I don´t know what is the problem!!!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Go online, look for guides.

Format your SD.

Download Project M again.
Apply smash 3 again.

Don't change anything.
Then test.

If it works back it up. Then modify.

If you change something that is not smash 3 related and get a freeze... make a thread and ask for help.

If it is smash 3 related, post it here.

If nothing was changed and freezes, then call nintendo, cuz your wii might be getting busted.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Oh damn, first I heard of this, I hope it gets settled and that person simply stops what he's doing without any causing a ruckas, the amount of time it takes for a person to work on textures is quite challenging in itself and claiming someone's hard work as their own, (Specially from good people and I may add) is just wrong, well in any case I hope for the best result in regards to that and keep up the good work as always!

*UPDATED WITH RECENT FIX*
Heyooooooo! Awesome Stuff here Smash 3 team! Let's add to the hype shall we?

Known issue: Ball color is slightly different than skin color. Will try to fix later but no guarantee.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE~!

The Espio, Shadow, And Silver Costumes now have accurate eye colors! And the green has brown eyes just for fun!
Hope you all enjoy these costumes!
All credits go to the smash 3 team for the amazing model and textures!
Well Good Night!
A little late reply from me but I just want to say I'm in love with these Sonic Textures, just 10/10 HYPE, SPECIALLY DAT SONIC BOOM, SHADOW and ESPIO COSTUME!

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
So many new/updated characters in a short period of time, so HYPE!!!

Overalls Wario it's so much better now, vBrawl textures looks ugly on him also dat pose. But my favorite so far is R.O.B. (the VB and Wii U, curious, when I think of Wii U the colors who came on my mind are black and blue).

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
cant seem to get it to work. could i get some help? directions?
Sure. What's causing the problem?

If you forgot to limit to the total costume you're going to use, then It might be the reason why.

Did you update the .gct before replacing the current .GCT file?

Santo

Smash Rookie
NNID
JASZ1234
Sure. What's causing the problem?

If you forgot to limit to the total costume you're going to use, then It might be the reason why.

Did you update the .gct before replacing the current .GCT file?
i believe so? i clicked update gct then replaced it with the one in my sd but made a copy of my old one just in case. When i go to brawl costume manager i still cant add more than the normal size

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
i believe so? i clicked update gct then replaced it with the one in my sd but made a copy of my old one just in case. When i go to brawl costume manager i still cant add more than the normal size
Well I meant updating your .gct on the Cbliss tool. there should be a button to update the gct for the Cbliss tool.

Also, that sounds like an Size space problem. Is your SD card 2GB?

Top Bottom