• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Just tried the new textures and... God! They look better than I thought :D Also: Thank you for including "Panter Carosso" Fox, you made my day ^__^

BTW: Fox still has the "no eyes" issue in PM's Delfino Plaza. I'm using the default stage, no "competitive" mods or something, and there aren't other stages (even custom ones) in my fileset in wich Fox gets glitchy like that, what could be the problem with that specific stage? O.o

And lastly, one suggestion: do you think you can make a "Starfox Assault" texture for Falco (like a second red team color)? His costume isn't really hard, in fact I have one custom "Assault Falco" and doesn't have any vertex/polygon edit, just more red and silver/white on his clothes. Since you are planning not to edit PM's alt colors I thought this could be a nice idea for a second Red Team Falco (I'd really like to see an Assault Falco made by you :D)

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Just thought of something: Make a purple recolor for everyone who has a PM Altskin(Save for ones that have teams IE Melee fox/falco) because Purple is the color of PM.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
It's actually midnight blue, not purple. And there is no "official" color anyway. But rest assured, we'll definitely be giving some characters more palette options for you guys to choose from.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I have a little problem that may sound a little stupid, so i´ve already change the textures, but it has a white background when i put it on Brawl Custome Managers and BrawlBox.
What should i do???

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I have a little problem that may sound a little stupid, so i´ve already change the textures, but it has a white background when i put it on Brawl Custome Managers and BrawlBox.
What should i do???
Does your laptop have an old graphics driver? If so, later versions of Brawlbox (and costume manager by extension) won't display properly (I have this problem).

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
Just some questions, and maybe suggestions. Understanding your trying to finish this as quick as possible so you guys can move on to the next game :) :

1. Could you guys get Pikachu a new model if you can find one? His old model (Brawl) looks so blocky compared to the new one, which actually made me feel that Pikachu was cute again.

2. Are you guys going to edit some of the little oddities before you finish the project? (DeDeDe's back textures/Eyes, Lucario's lighter shading around the eyes, Ganon having his chest scar from Twilight Princess in the new games...)? Or are you guys just gonna knock the colors out and be done?

Again, thanks for all the work you guys have done.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Does your laptop have an old graphics driver? If so, later versions of Brawlbox (and costume manager by extension) won't display properly (I have this problem).
So, the thing i should do is downloading earlier versions of BrawlBox and/or Brawl Custome Managers?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Just some questions, and maybe suggestions. Understanding your trying to finish this as quick as possible so you guys can move on to the next game :) :

1. Could you guys get Pikachu a new model if you can find one? His old model (Brawl) looks so blocky compared to the new one, which actually made me feel that Pikachu was cute again.

2. Are you guys going to edit some of the little oddities before you finish the project? (DeDeDe's back textures/Eyes, Lucario's lighter shading around the eyes, Ganon having his chest scar from Twilight Princess in the new games...)? Or are you guys just gonna knock the colors out and be done?

Again, thanks for all the work you guys have done.
1. Sadly, probably not. With different skeletons, if it were to be wifi safe you'd get some...less than good results. I don't think anyone wants to see longer limbs skinny Pikachu.

2. Dedede's coat was fixed, secretly. If it hasn't been updated in the pack or individual downloads yet, it will be when the update rolls around (EDIT: Seems we haven't updated Dedede's coat. Wait for the update!). Lucario's lighter shading around the eyes was intentional since it's like that in Brawl (assuming I'm talking about the right thing) and Ganondorf's...is most likely an impossibility for us at this point. It'd require too much stuff we're not quite sure how to do, not to mention we've already added a bit of extra content (Sword Ganon and such crash already from the little bit we've added...)

But we do plan on updating a few more characters while also adding costumes. Nothing major, but they'll be there.

Last edited:

TheLazy

Smash Cadet
Just making sure - the download link on Brawl Vault seems to suggest that this was last updated on August 12th (last edited). Is there some discrepancy between what it says and when it was actually last updated?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Just making sure - the download link on Brawl Vault seems to suggest that this was last updated on August 12th (last edited). Is there some discrepancy between what it says and when it was actually last updated?
Yes, we don't update the Brawl Vault entry, we update the actual folders (which is also why Dropbox is best, we can just add files as we complete stuff). You can be assured the download link is always up to date.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I only have 162MB of memory on my SD card...
I hope it doesn´t freezes.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Let me repeat this again:

Triforce Ganondorf freezing your game when you use our textures has nothing to do with other textures, stages, music, or anything else you may have in your SD card. Because you're using Triforce Ganondorf (which already places a big enough burden on his filesize as is) along with our high quality Smash 3 textures for him, it goes over a certain filesize limit that the game has and causes the game to crash, because it cannot load that much information into one spot.

To fix this, all you need to do is take Ganondorf's main texture in an image editing software and resize it from 256x1024 to 128x512 pixels and then save it. Then open the Ganondorf texture in Brawlbox and replace the bigger image with the small one. And you basically repeat this for all the recolors you want to use as well. Then put them back in the pf\fighter\ganon folder and you're good to go

It will reduce the quality of the textures by about 50%, however, so keep that in mind if you decide to continue.

If you have any more questions, please send us private messages, so that way the thread doesn't get derailed.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
R.O.B is probably going to look more like his smash 4 apperance (basicly he is going to look plastic)
I only have 162MB of memory on my SD card...
I hope it doesn´t freezes.
Tip:
Keep in mind that if you have added some musics, extra textures and stages and you get a freeze result... is not our fault, like, really... it isn't. Tampering with the pack may affect the functionality of your contents. Try searching for online guides for music replacement and texture replacement guides if you get a freeze... don't go blindly.
Believe me, guides helps you and it saves time.

I was ninja'd... by xeno.... *sigh*

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I'm not blaming anyone , I'm just sayin´ if another problem arises to give me tips ( if you want of course ) to enjoy this great texture pack that you are doing. :bee:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I'm not blaming anyone , I'm just sayin´ if another problem arises to give me tips ( if you want of course ) to enjoy this great texture pack that you are doing. :bee:
I´ve already changed the pixels so i´ll try tomorrow to see how it works!

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
So, I probably already know the answer to this, but do you guys think you will have everyone ready before you leave?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So, I probably already know the answer to this, but do you guys think you will have everyone ready before you leave?
The plan is to have the base forms of everyone done before we leave with enough recolors to fill up Project M so you guys can have a full pack. Our team has been going into over-drive to get stuff done for you guys and hopefully we'll have some more stuff to put out soon

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
The plan is to have the base forms of everyone done before we leave with enough recolors to fill up Project M so you guys can have a full pack. Our team has been going into over-drive to get stuff done for you guys and hopefully we'll have some more stuff to put out soon
Just keep doing what your doing.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
So, I made this for personal use. But I figure I might as well post it here in case anyone wants it!
It's a Mother Brother Strap-Loader.

projectm > pf > menu > strap > ModelData[0] > Textures(NW4R) > MenBoot3

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Ganondorf is here!...again!

I downloaded this and all of the skins make my PM crash. Might they not be compatible with the sword Ganon mod?

And I had also noticed that the chest and boot area for all the skins are grey in the Costume Manager. Is it supposed to be like this?

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
The textures as-is are incompatible with both the sword mod and the Triforce mod because they go over the filesize limit for Ganondorf, unfortunately. The solution is to do what I told another user a couple days ago, open the main body texture in an image editing software and reduce the size by 50%, then use Brawlbox to replace the old one and save it, and repeat for the recolors.

As for the costume manager, can you be a bit more specific? Although I have no experience using it, so I can't say for certain.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I heard many issues involving the costume manager (CM) before, that's why I prefer to manually inject the portraits. Its a pain, but its easy to get used to. I never used CM because of this.

Taiko

Smash Ace
I downloaded this and all of the skins make my PM crash. Might they not be compatible with the sword Ganon mod?

And I had also noticed that the chest and boot area for all the skins are grey in the Costume Manager. Is it supposed to be like this?
As Xeno said, it's passing the filesize limit.
As for the body area being grey, that's the spec map displaying over the actual textures (I'm assuming Costume Manager is the same as BrawlBox here and just displays everything)

So with the news of your plans to wrap things up, I'm forced to ask.

What will happen to that Awakening Roy we got a glimpse of? ;-;
He's been taken off the plans unfortunately,we want to get everyone done as soon as we can.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
As for the body area being grey, that's the spec map displaying over the actual textures (I'm assuming Costume Manager is the same as BrawlBox here and just displays everything)

He's been taken off the plans unfortunately,we want to get everyone done as soon as we can.
Fair enough.

You guys are doing what's best!

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

speaking of ganondorf are you going to put his would and ripped cape from smash 4

Taiko

Smash Ace
speaking of ganondorf are you going to put his would and ripped cape from smash 4
No and no, as people have been saying the extra bit of filesize we added for quality is already crashing some mods, so we'd rather not inflate it even more. The rips, we don't think we can get to look good due to the small resolution we have to work with, you'll notice the small rips on his cape are already just small pixels at the moment (like in Brawl)

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
No and no, as people have been saying the extra bit of filesize we added for quality is already crashing some mods, so we'd rather not inflate it even more. The rips, we don't think we can get to look good due to the small resolution we have to work with, you'll notice the small rips on his cape are already just small pixels at the moment (like in Brawl)
ah okay i understand

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Whoa, I forgot about this thread for a while... and looks like a lot of stuff happened. It's sad to see the Smash 3 devs leaving the modding scene, but it's your choice.

Thanks for the masterpiece you have created though. It was a fun ride.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Could I get renders on a transparent background for all the characters you've done so far? I'm working on a CSS...

Top Bottom