• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
I'm sorry guys.... for all this worthless drama.
You're doing it for your work, it's not worthless at all. People like him should just stop breathing...

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
The Smash 3 team does rimlighting in a special way to avoid any glitches that could happen. The tutorial that most people use doesn't do everything to ensure that the rimlighting doesn't glitch up. That's why non-smash 3 rimlit models look crazy on Delfino.
Yeah, I was thinking such thing and that's why I respect the SSB3 team so much, because they've always wanted quality over quantity since they began this project.

Thanks for the info, Shun, BTW. I'll check them out :) Thank you so much for listening to my whines xD

About the theft, where are those people from? I'm mexican, so I clearly speak/understand spanish, if you need help with something languaje-related, I can be of help if you want.

Obskore

Smash Ace
well, i took a look into that page and i saw that they started to link to the actual original smash 3 threads
and looks like they'll take down the page as well or something

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Grettings Smashboards,

Recently, it has come to our teams attention that someone has been re-posting our work to a facebook page and claiming it as their own. They don't link to our thread, they don't link to our blog, and they are acting like our project and their's are one and the same. They even translated posts made by me and Taiko, word for word, into spanish, then added a small sentence about how their project is the same as ours.

Naturally, we contacted this person and told them to credit us properly and link to our thread. Instead of doing that they are posting our work and saying which of us worked on it and then adding themselves as part of the team. They still don't link to our thread or our blog and are pretending like they have a hand in what we do. This is not what we asked them to do, and we've since requested that they stop re-posting our work, credit or otherwise. They've ignored this request and so I am posting publicly about this so everyone knows what's going on.

They have deleted facebook posts that link to our thread and ignore our requests, so I am taking the liberty of posting this so everyone is aware of the situation. To make matters worse, it's not only our teams work that is being stolen but those of other members of the Brawl modding community and Project M as well. If you've made a Brawl mod or know someone who does, notify them to check this guys page for their work because it may have been stolen.

This person is a thief and we would just like those that do not know to be aware of this fact. Thank you all, and have a good day.

-------------

Also, Fox's eye fix is now up.
Wow, sounds like that Thief is an *sshole. Why in the world someone would do something like that?

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Wow, sounds like that Thief is an *sshole. Why in the world someone would do something like that?
I just visited that FB page, they decided to credit the Smash 3 team for everything theirs they have posted until now and I do believe they won't try to steal credits again, I think it's fair enough if they agree to promote the Project instead of lying about the credits from now on, but, the Smash 3 staff can think otherwise about this, of course.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
There's no need to apologize, some scumbag piece of subhuman trash has stolen your work and claims it to be theirs. You have every right to be angry.

You & the rest of the team make very good work and the fact that this thing is stealing from you guys disgusts me as well.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I just visited that FB page, they decided to credit the Smash 3 team for everything theirs they have posted until now and I do believe they won't try to steal credits again, I think it's fair enough if they agree to promote the Project instead of lying about the credits from now on, but, the Smash 3 staff can think otherwise about this, of course.
Well...
Grettings Smashboards,
[...]This is not what we asked them to do, and we've since requested that they stop re-posting our work, credit or otherwise.
It was a looong week. Also, thanks for offering assistance involving spanish, but I speak spanish as well. Being Spanish is awesome isn't it? Ladies like spanish exotic guys.
!!!I MADE MY OWN VERSION OF THE LOGO BECAUSE I NEEDED TO DO SO!!!
Looks good, but I may recommend more fire on the 3.

You're doing it for your work, it's not worthless at all. People like him should just stop breathing...
There's no need to apologize, some scumbag piece of subhuman trash has stolen your work and claims it to be theirs. You have every right to be angry.

You & the rest of the team make very good work and the fact that this thing is stealing from you guys disgusts me as well.
Thanks. I honestly wish no bad to the creator of the project U... honestly, I'm just gonna ignore it. After all, he admitted he stole to everyone, so in the end... I'm happy. I'm gonna Contine doing what i do best...

Troll you guys.
And help the smash 3 hype you.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
dont worry everyone has this when projects are stolen, my sonic fan characters get stolen a lot and usually get mad about it, pretty much how you did.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I'll have to use a texture cause using brushes and... scribbles (yes scribbles) to make the fire border caused a lot of trouble when moving it from Illustrator to Photoshop.
Oh... hmmm... have you attempted to do it purely on photoshop, scribbles and all? I thinks there's a brush online for scribbling.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
Oh... hmmm... have you attempted to do it purely on photoshop, scribbles and all? I thinks there's a brush online for scribbling.
nah, I always make the bases in Illustrator so I can import.them as vector objects in Photoshop and resize em as I please without losing quality.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Hm... I wonder when Falco's getting his DS_Store file for his delfino island eye fix, Fox's DS_Store file works just fine and doesn't crash anymore.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Gentlemen;

I must announce three things,

One,
the feud between smash 3 and the facebook page is over. Once I calmed down, I apologized to the creator, and explained everything in more detail. We might had some laughs, and we understood each other. We came to agreement that as long as he credits AND links us, we won't bother anymore. For the users that posted, or will had posted, I encourage you to congratulate and cheer for him for taking this new approach. I had not speak about this to smash 3 team yet, but the reasons are on the last one.

Second,
I had learned something today that I'll never forget, I am not as calm and collected as many of you here, I am unprofessional and unpredictable with these things. And if I was more calm and collected, none of this drama would ocurr.
So, I would like to apologize to everyone that read what I said. Cuz right now, I never intended it to be.
And I would like to congratulate those who actually did a better job than I could ever do, honestly, thanks.

Third,
The amount of stress these events caused me to become extremely ill due to high blood pressure, and a sudden fainting... literraly I fainted while taking to the guys on skype, it was too much to bear. I am writing this from the hospital.
I decided, to permanently stray away from repliying anything on smash boards, facebook and KC-MM until I learn how to be social, formal and controlled... this is a personal decition of mine. And its effective inmediately.

Again, thanks, and sorry.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Glad to hear you got something out of all this.

Third,
The amount of stress these events caused me to become extremely ill due to high blood pressure, and a sudden fainting... literraly I fainted while taking to the guys on skype, it was too much to bear. I am writing this from the hospital.
:(

That sounds terrible.

Hope you get better, dude.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Third,
I decided, to permanently stray away from repliying anything on smash boards, facebook and KC-MM until I learn how to be social, formal and controlled... this is a personal decition of mine. And its effective inmediately.

That would explain why you disappeared suddenly. Thanks for clearing things up for us, Scout. It really helps to have someone that can communicate in languages that we can't...

And apologies for derailing this thread with our issues everyone. Thankfully it seems everything's cleared up, and we should have more content soon. I can now confirm that all the remaining characters have good progress (except Snake, maybe this will give away our plans for him), so hopefully the wait until a Smash 3 1.0 isn't too long?

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Gentlemen;

One,
the feud between smash 3 and the facebook page is over. Once I calmed down, I apologized to the creator, and explained everything in more detail. We might had some laughs, and we understood each other. We came to agreement that as long as he credits AND links us, we won't bother anymore. For the users that posted, or will had posted, I encourage you to congratulate and cheer for him for taking this new approach. I had not speak about this to smash 3 team yet, but the reasons are on the last one.

Second,
I had learned something today that I'll never forget, I am not as calm and collected as many of you here, I am unprofessional and unpredictable with these things. And if I was more calm and collected, none of this drama would ocurr.
So, I would like to apologize to everyone that read what I said. Cuz right now, I never intended it to be.
And I would like to congratulate those who actually did a better job than I could ever do, honestly, thanks.

Third,

I really hope you get better soon from what happened and I wish you the best of luck on trying to better yourself.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Third,

Hey, sorry that this happened to you. I understand why you loss your cool. The internet is like that, and it sucks.

It's wonderful that you've found out the resolve to learn how to deal with this kind of problems better, I hope you reach what you want.

Fare well, and please recover soon.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Gentlemen;

One,

Second,

Third,

Don't worry man, you handled it as best as you could, and that's all that matters. That and how you've seemingly came to an agreement/truce.

Hope you feel better soon! You won't wanna miss what we have in store for our fans!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Take care, Edel/Scout.

I'd like to request that the SFX mod for Sonic (which is definitely cool, but not my preference) be taken from the default setup of The Pack. I wouldn't care too much if not for the fact that I have to remove it and re-install the proper Sonic .pac files every time I update with your work now, which I do as soon as I can...

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
So, today I made 2 simple recolors for Ike and Roy:

Inicially I wanted to do a Nowi recolored Ike...but my skills sux. Can I upload these fan textures to the Vault Smash 3 Team?
Well, editing textures is so much fun!. I've been working on this others:

Yeah, dat Greil Ike is only the yellow one with brown hair and Lord Ike's shoulder. I need to improve my skills, cuz I only use the Pixlr online editor and is very basic, to painting I use the color replace brush, so it's quite hard to reach my goal. But I've been reading the tips of you guys so hopefully I can do it better in the future.

And apologies for derailing this thread with our issues everyone. Thankfully it seems everything's cleared up, and we should have more content soon. I can now confirm that all the remaining characters have good progress (except Snake, maybe this will give away our plans for him), so hopefully the wait until a Smash 3 1.0 isn't too long?
The hype is real! Smash 3 1.0 is coming HYES!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Gentlemen;

One,

Second,

Third,

Oh damn, sorry to hear about that man, glad the Project U thing is sorted, I'm not sure this helps but I was in a situation just like yours a few weeks ago, the stress and pressure of many different things caused me to have severe breathing problems and ended up in hospital as well so I had to go through quite a lot, I'm much better now because I sorted my problems and its been going really well since after sorting it out with my good friend, basically what I'm saying is that it'll get better man, and no rush! Take you time!

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
apologies for derailing this thread with our issues everyone. Thankfully it seems everything's cleared up, and we should have more content soon. I can now confirm that all the remaining characters have good progress (except Snake, maybe this will give away our plans for him), so hopefully the wait until a Smash 3 1.0 isn't too long?
Well, it's a good thing to know that this issue has finally been resolved, since nobody on either side likes to be in a conflict. Now hopefully everyone can go back to getting hype about how awesome this texture project is!

Also, get well soon Edel/Scout :D

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Though we'll be bringing the visual style, we don't plan on replicating Smash 4 1:1, as there are some things that just can't be brought over. We won't be adding Smash 4 characters. We won't be adding Smash 4 gameplay. We won't be adding Young Link.​
That ain't Young Link.

Last edited:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Wow!! I missed a lot of things.
First of all i´m glad that the problem of the "project U" is over...
Second...i´m so hyped about Ridley!!!
Also i have a question...so Hyrule Warriors has been released, so are you planning to update Link, Zelda, Sheik and/or Ganon? and made a Hyrule Warriors version of all those 3??
That would be so epic!!

Taiko

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to shoot down Ridley before it gets more out of hand haha. It's a test render, nothing's working ingame.
I'd like to request that the SFX mod for Sonic (which is definitely cool, but not my preference) be taken from the default setup of The Pack. I wouldn't care too much if not for the fact that I have to remove it and re-install the proper Sonic .pac files every time I update with your work now, which I do as soon as I can...
It's been done. I do have to agree that it is a bit of a personal choice, so we'll just use the Brawl Sonic voice for now. The individual download will still contain it as an option, however.

If we were to include the HUD (Non gradient number, centered timer) in the pack, would you guys be okay with that? Because I remember some people saying how they didn't want the menu assets changed, so I'd rather be sure before we make a ton of people unhappy.

Antonio Garcia

Smash Cadet
If we were to include the HUD (Non gradient number, centered timer) in the pack, would you guys be okay with that? Because I remember some people saying how they didn't want the menu assets changed, so I'd rather be sure before we make a ton of people unhappy.
[/quote]

I'd be okay with that

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
It's been done. I do have to agree that it is a bit of a personal choice, so we'll just use the Brawl Sonic voice for now. The individual download will still contain it as an option, however.

Thanks, Taiko.

I for one wouldn't mind, but could you pull up a comparison of the gradient vs. non-gradient numbers?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Thanks, Taiko.

I for one wouldn't mind, but could you pull up a comparison of the gradient vs. non-gradient numbers?
Non gradient is less drastic of a change from the P:M / Brawl HUD.

Top Bottom