• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Correct. We actually used Nano's Generations Sonic model and optimized it, but the process is as you say. Import the model and bones, fit the model to the bones, and rig. As for Sonic's expressions, his mouths are done like other characters with swapped faces (Marth, Ike, etc.) where the animation hides and unhides the models depending on the animation.

To create the other faces, you'd need to create each face somehow, most likely by vertexing the main one to look how you want them. FS eyes are much easier, as you only need to duplicate the eyes and move them above the normal eyes.

And of course you can include it in your pack!
Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to trying this. But I have another question, if you don't mind. The Sonic Generations files can be large. There's a Vector the Crocodile over Bowser that can't even open in Project M for that reason. Is there some way to compress files so that they're not too big?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to trying this. But I have another question, if you don't mind. The Sonic Generations files can be large. There's a Vector the Crocodile over Bowser that can't even open in Project M for that reason. Is there some way to compress files so that they're not too big?
Check the textures, you can try halving the biggest ones to reduce filesize a lot.

Obskore

Smash Ace
I can't seem to find if this question has been asked before, but why doesn't this work with 3.5?
issues with the new way that Yoshi's eggs load the actual colors corresponding to the costume, as well as for Mario's cape and some issues with Link's ocarina boosting filesize a bit

Taiko

Smash Ace
hey i was wondering, are you guys going to release the PSD files when the update drops?
We'll try to when everything drops!

I can't seem to find if this question has been asked before, but why doesn't this work with 3.5?
issues with the new way that Yoshi's eggs load the actual colors corresponding to the costume, as well as for Mario's cape and some issues with Link's ocarina boosting filesize a bit
This, and the interface elements aren't added yet, which would cause a crash when selecting the new costume slots P:M 3.5 added. You can make things work with some manual editing though.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Okay a recolor idea came into mind and it's for good ol' Doctor Mario: a recolor based on the classic outfit worn by Matt Smith during his run as Doctor Who.

And yes the bow-tie should be red...

Last edited:

feathers

Smash Rookie
This, and the interface elements aren't added yet, which would cause a crash when selecting the new costume slots P:M 3.5 added. You can make things work with some manual editing though.
I've experienced mainly crashes over filesize for now, oh well. Guess i gotta uninstall, and i'm sorry to have to do so

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace

A good old Pokemon battle. Lucario seems to look a bit different too?

EDIT: Wait I've used this angle before haven't I...oh well.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
the colors on that ivysaur..... :201s::201e::201x::201y:
Yes! Glad someone noticed. It's based off his newest colouring in games like X/Y and Omega Ruby / Sapphire. If someone out there is going "but I liked green Ivy!" then we've still got you covered:

Dat Blucario tho.
It's something very slight, but I guess you'll all see when it's in motion!

Last edited:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Yes! Glad someone noticed. It's based off his newest colouring in games like X/Y and Omega Ruby / Sapphire. If someone out there is going "but I liked green Ivy!" then we've still got you covered:

It's something very slight, but I guess you'll all see when it's in motion!
Can you show us Squirtle and Charizard too, It's not fair that ur just showing off Ivysaur

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Just to remind everyone the sheer size of the update:
Smash 3 CSS.png

Anyone who's depicted on here is complete and/or will be getting some minor touch ups.
Anyone not depicted will be getting remastered and/or will be getting updated to match the new Smash 3 style.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Check the textures, you can try halving the biggest ones to reduce filesize a lot.
There's actually an Old Snake mod I've wanted to use over Solid Snake, but the creator told me that I had to reduce the file size in order for it to work in Project M.

...He never told me how. So, by halving the biggest files, what exactly do you mean? I've never really messed around with pac/pcs files except when making Excalibur Sonic recolors with Photoshop.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
There's actually an Old Snake mod I've wanted to use over Solid Snake, but the creator told me that I had to reduce the file size in order for it to work in Project M.

...He never told me how. So, by halving the biggest files, what exactly do you mean? I've never really messed around with pac/pcs files except when making Excalibur Sonic recolors with Photoshop.
He probably meant the texture files that are mainly used for the upper/lower body.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Just to remind everyone the sheer size of the update:
View attachment 35277
Anyone who's depicted on here is complete and/or will be getting some minor touch ups.
Anyone not depicted will be getting remastered and/or will be getting updated to match the new Smash 3 style.
I thought King Dedede was getting another update because they perfected his eyes (again)? Am I crazy?
Also, I'm not sure how complete Yoshi can be considered. Yeah, he looks fantastic, but his eggs have that bizarre texture in 3.5.

Juken

Smash Ace
The wait for this to be fixed when 4.0 comes out and breaks a bunch of stuff is going to be miserable.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

A good old Pokemon battle. Lucario seems to look a bit different too?

EDIT: Wait I've used this angle before haven't I...oh well.
Finally a new character. I really can't wait for this to be done, especially Samus and Charizard...and Ridley trophy DLC.
And if that character leak is true (honestly, not getting hopes up), then I'll go through a Mobius Strip of happiness and annoyance for ten minutes straight.
And i would go play a certain commonly hated game if that one version of leak is true, but its better to not speak of it even though its well known already.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I thought King Dedede was getting another update because they perfected his eyes (again)? Am I crazy?
Also, I'm not sure how complete Yoshi can be considered. Yeah, he looks fantastic, but his eggs have that bizarre texture in 3.5.
That's why I said "Anyone who's depicted on here is complete and/or will be getting some minor touch ups."...

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Can you show us Squirtle and Charizard too, It's not fair that ur just showing off Ivysaur
Yeah Taiko, showing some progress previews to prove people we are not dead is a horrible idea and its unfair. What were you thinking? #sarcasm
Have a little patience Knight of the Metal spam "hayayayah" butter blade. We said it multiple times, and I will say it again, we will deliver even if we have to explode some stuff to get to it.

----------------------------------------
So will the update work with 3.5?

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Slight update on our status! Real life has been keeping us all really busy, so we haven't had time to work on anything at all. However, I'm here to reveal the much anticipated release date...

At least I can guarantee we'll be done by then! If not...well...I don't know yet. But it'll be here by then!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Slight update on our status! Real life has been keeping us all really busy, so we haven't had time to work on anything at all. However, I'm here to reveal the much anticipated release date...

At least I can guarantee we'll be done by then! If not...well...I don't know yet. But it'll be here by then!
D*mn, that image loaded for like 6 minutes...And then turns out its a joke. More-or-less. I guess it will be packed with Half-Life 3 and somehow be linked to Illuminati (and aliens of course), huh?

Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice

Top Bottom