• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Happy New year's eve Smash 3 team! hope you enjoy today and have fun!

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
It is a nice way to fix crashes from any random mod I admit... but it seems to be too much of a hassle to import our textures when an update is pending.

Also,

Happy new years Japan, Australia and Part of China! We can taste the Sake from here already!
Holy Erina that picture

Taiko

Smash Ace
Happy New year's eve Smash 3 team! hope you enjoy today and have fun!
I'm a bit late, but thank you! Here's a New Year's gift one day late to all of you:

Yes, we had a lot of fun with this.

Also these textures are amazing. I wish we could add specs to everything like in Hyrule Warriors...

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I'm a bit late, but thank you! Here's a New Year's gift one day late to all of you:

Also these textures are amazing. I wish we could add specs to everything like in Hyrule Warriors...

Everything has been leading towards this people! This is one of the best results that has be produced!

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

You thought this was a hint at what the Smash 3 Team was doing... but it was I... Dio!
(...but it really was the first part too... also...)

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive

So we need to discuss how beautiful this is.

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie

"You thought it was Dio, but it was I, Dio Link!"

Just a little thing we wanted to do since the model had face bones! This won't be in Smash 3, just something we wanted to see because we could do it.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
There is one curious question i have about dio link: why is he purple?

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539

That Link looks intense. Are yall going to make a Dio Link for S3? As in DLC or something?
I also keep seeing this whole "You thought it was (insert anything here) but it was I Dio!" all over the place but,
who is Dio?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I haven't watched Part 1 of JoJo in a while, but if I'm right, I think it's because the main color of his attire in his battle was purple?
He wears yellow and purple in All Star Battle, but I think he has purple and white on in the anime.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
There is one curious question i have about dio link: why is he purple?
Part 1 Dio:

It's redder, but when he's in shadow...

!!

That, and the scene that the Dio Link image was based off of has him wearing a blue-ish purple-ish colour:

And because our team liked the purple one the most!

22k polys?

That looks like fun.
It's very fun. Even more fun when you can pose the face!

That Link looks intense. Are yall going to make a Dio Link for S3? As in DLC or something?
I also keep seeing this whole "You thought it was (insert anything here) but it was I Dio!" all over the place but,
who is Dio?
please tell me dio link is a smash 3 extra for link.
This joke has been flying around in the dev chat for a while now, don't be surprised if you see "Smash 3 Dio Link" pop up on the Vault. Not saying it will happen, but not saying it won't either!

Dio himself is from Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure. I highly suggest going to watch it, you won't regret it. Then you'll be able to join in the Dio talk too!

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Dio himself is from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I highly suggest going to watch it, you won't regret it. Then you'll be able to join in the Dio talk too!
I second this. Very, very good anime to watch and follow. It's well through the third arc, so there'll be some catching up to do.
I feel more comfortable at these forums now, discussing both Smash and JoJo's. It's truly wonderful.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Part 1 Dio:

!!

That, and the scene that the Dio Link image was based off of has him wearing a blue-ish purple-ish colour:

This joke has been flying around in the dev chat for a while now, don't be surprised if you see "Smash 3 Dio Link" pop up on the Vault. Not saying it will happen, but not saying it won't either!

Dio himself is from Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure. I highly suggest going to watch it, you won't regret it. Then you'll be able to join in the Dio talk too!
Then you too can scream "DIIIIIIOOOO!!!!!" in a conversation and not feel like a poser. Once you've gone to the crypt of the Bizarre, there is no end to the madness. Join us.....

Editz: By no means should I not see Dio Link in the vault...

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Part 1 Dio:

!!

The you should've included, 子のリンクだ! (KONO RINKU DA!)

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
so, your Dio Link picture has been already posted to here
Ah, that was me. I accidentally used my real name Stephan Atkins as my username because I think I misunderstood what info they wanted to make an account.

I felt that something like this was too good to be known by just people who visit the thread and any of our friends we told. :chuckle:

Taiko

Smash Ace
so, your Dio Link picture has been already posted to here
Ah, that was me. I accidentally used my real name Stephan Atkins as my username because I think I misunderstood what info they wanted to make an account.

I felt that something like this was too good to be known by just people who visit the thread and any of our friends we told. :chuckle:
Everyone must know Dio Link. EVERYONE!

I second this. Very, very good anime to watch and follow. It's well through the third arc, so there'll be some catching up to do.
I feel more comfortable at these forums now, discussing both Smash and JoJo's. It's truly wonderful.
It's only natural, considering the Zelda characters in Smash 4 do Jojo-esque poses...

The you should've included, 子のリンクだ! (KONO RINKU DA!)
That would translate to "Child's Link" since you used the kanji for child there!

The answer, tomorrow!
Not directly related to Smash 3 in case one of you is scanning the screenshot for some updated thing to Sonic!

Hyrule Warriors Link confirmed for Smash 3.
I see no such thing! That's...okay, yeah, that's Hyrule Warriors Link. Posable faces are great things. We won't be using it as the updated Link, though.

Only if I agree to render him, which I won't. Not gonna happen. Dio Link deconfirmed.
But...what if I render him?!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Also Taiko I noticed that it is Hyrule Warriors MASTER QUEST COSTUME Link, if anyone else failed to point this out, shame on y'all go play some more Hyrule Warriors :3

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Also Taiko I noticed that it is Hyrule Warriors MASTER QUEST COSTUME Link, if anyone else failed to point this out, shame on y'all go play some more Hyrule Warriors :3
I REALLY wanna buy that, but I've made Limited Editions of thing I wanted more of a priority. Stuff like Guilty Gear Xrd and Smash 3DS just for the Club Nintendo code so I can get the soundtrack CDs. I got Guilty Gear, but thanks to unexpectedly giving my mother in Pittsburgh the rest of my Christmas money as rent money...AGAIN..., it's pretty impossible for me to get Smash 3DS or HW any time soon.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hey now, we're not dead! Just working on a lot of things at once is all. Showing stuff off isn't quite a priority right now since we're trying to get as much done as soon as possible...

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I've been meaning to ask you guys a few things in relation to Sonic. :4sonic: While I have been working on my own special Project M pack, I looked into your files for Sonic and realized how much you guys did to him. It looks like you applied his model from Sonic Generations onto his bone's from Brawl, but still have him have his facial expressions. You "Smash 3-ified" his textures (thank you tutorial), rimlit his model(thank you other tutorial), and made recolors as well.

That seems to have been an impressive undertaking, and it is one I would like to do with my pack. I have other Sonic characters within my pack that either look terrible or are eerily emotionless simply because that's how their original creators made them. I can animate them to make them more expressive, but that can only take me so far. How would one attempt to even begin an undertaking like what you did with Sonic? Would I want to apply a Sonic Generations model to another character's bones in 3DS Max? And how would I apply hurt-faces, and other expressions? Final Smash eyes? I... I'm overwhelmed. I know this isn't related to the Smash 3 Project, but I would appreciate some help or suggestions as to what I should do.

Also, I plan to include Smash 3's Sonic in my pack. If I credit the team, will this be okay?

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
I've been meaning to ask you guys a few things in relation to Sonic. :4sonic: While I have been working on my own special Project M pack, I looked into your files for Sonic and realized how much you guys did to him. It looks like you applied his model from Sonic Generations onto his bone's from Brawl, but still have him have his facial expressions. You "Smash 3-ified" his textures (thank you tutorial), rimlit his model(thank you other tutorial), and made recolors as well.

That seems to have been an impressive undertaking, and it is one I would like to do with my pack. I have other Sonic characters within my pack that either look terrible or are eerily emotionless simply because that's how their original creators made them. I can animate them to make them more expressive, but that can only take me so far. How would one attempt to even begin an undertaking like what you did with Sonic? Would I want to apply a Sonic Generations model to another character's bones in 3DS Max? And how would I apply hurt-faces, and other expressions? Final Smash eyes? I... I'm overwhelmed. I know this isn't related to the Smash 3 Project, but I would appreciate some help or suggestions as to what I should do.

Also, I plan to include Smash 3's Sonic in my pack. If I credit the team, will this be okay?
Correct. We actually used Nano's Generations Sonic model and optimized it, but the process is as you say. Import the model and bones, fit the model to the bones, and rig. As for Sonic's expressions, his mouths are done like other characters with swapped faces (Marth, Ike, etc.) where the animation hides and unhides the models depending on the animation.

To create the other faces, you'd need to create each face somehow, most likely by vertexing the main one to look how you want them. FS eyes are much easier, as you only need to duplicate the eyes and move them above the normal eyes.

And of course you can include it in your pack!

Top Bottom