• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Ridley supports smash 3. Which means his whole pirate army supports smash 3.

Eat your heart out Kraid, nobody cares.

Don't tell him I said that.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive

Now now. Don't be mean to Kraid. (A Smash 3 render of Kraid would be dope.)

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I dunno if this was ever asked, but just out of curiosity, are the Assist Trophies gonna be Smash-3-ified as well?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

How dare you say that about Kraid! Space Pirates won't take that well!
I dunno if this was ever asked, but just out of curiosity, are the Assist Trophies gonna be Smash-3-ified as well?
But wouldn't then every trophy and background character have to be Smash 3-ified to not look odd by comparison?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Did I say that? Ah nono, you misunderstood! I meant... uh...
The chozo... yeah! The chozo nobody cares about. Kraid is a cool reptile, alien, blob---... he's awesome! Yeah! We went to high school together.
Great, now I have samus and the pirates on my back...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Did I say that? Ah nono, you misunderstood! I meant... uh...
The chozo... yeah! The chozo nobody cares about. Kraid is a cool reptile, alien, blob---... he's awesome! Yeah! We went to high school together.
Great, now I have samus and the pirates on my back...
Really?...The problem is...He never went to school because he couldn't go through door, liar.
Now all you have left to do is disobey Adam and draw moustache on a chozo statue.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive

But wouldn't then every trophy and background character have to be Smash 3-ified to not look odd by comparison?
That would be the idea, but it sounds tedious.

Really?...The problem is...He never went to school because he couldn't go through door, liar.
Now all you have left to do is disobey Adam and draw moustache on a chozo statue.
What the hello is going on here???

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
The more you guys talk about Ridley, Kraid, and the Space Pirates, the more I want an official PM playable Ridley with a Neo-Ridley Fusion alt....

Ugh, it's the dream again, I'm letting it win. :/

Taiko

Smash Ace
Is ROB going to get a rainbow laser with that cool solund like in Smash 4, or will he just keep his normal red one?
Most likely not, that's one of the things that we haven't quite mastered yet.

What are your Guys going for in the new C.Falcon model? My guess is that he's getting new facial expression models, but if you guys are up to it I'd love to get some insight on this.
New face

Merry Christmas Smash 3 Team! I hope you have a wonderful time with you family and friends!
Thank you on behalf of the team! I hope you all had a great time as well!

*Kraid talk*
What did I walk into?

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I disappear from SmashBoards for a few days on holiday, and I come back here to find Marth pants-less, the Smash 3 Team in the World Records through Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus well-endowed, and disrespect towards Kraid.
Wha...?

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Are Yoshi's eggs bugged for anybody else? They show as a collection of random textures instead of having their own egg textures.

I use the Smash 3 Yoshi, so maybe there's some file for it that needs to be updated? Do any of you guys know?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Are Yoshi's eggs bugged for anybody else? They show as a collection of random textures instead of having their own egg textures.

I use the Smash 3 Yoshi, so maybe there's some file for it that needs to be updated? Do any of you guys know?
Yoshi is one of the Smash 3 characters that is incompatible with Project M 3.5. Wait until 3.5 compatible pack will be released.

Juken

Smash Ace
Yoshi is one of the Smash 3 characters that is incompatible with Project M 3.5. Wait until 3.5 compatible pack will be released.
I'm aware, but is there a way for me to manually update it? Like, do you know th eparticular thing that's out of date because I can just do something like take Yoshi's smash 3 model and texture and put it onto a PM 3.5 Yoshi .pac for a temporary fix, right? Dunno if that would copy the rimlighting settings though, but it's better than Brawl Yoshi.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm aware, but is there a way for me to manually update it? Like, do you know th eparticular thing that's out of date because I can just do something like take Yoshi's smash 3 model and texture and put it onto a PM 3.5 Yoshi .pac for a temporary fix, right? Dunno if that would copy the rimlighting settings though, but it's better than Brawl Yoshi.
Try doing this:
Open FitYoshiXX.pac from Project M's files using BrawlBox's latest version, then from Smash 3's (should have exactly same number and exactly same file type). Replace PM's ModelData[0] and TextureData[0] with Smash 3's. Then repeat same with .pcs version and other recolors. If that won't fix it, then i don't know how.

Juken

Smash Ace
Thanks, I'll try it. Also, do you know if moving those things carries over the rimlighting, or is that some other aspect of the skin?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I disappear from SmashBoards for a few days on holiday, and I come back here to find Marth pants-less, the Smash 3 Team in the World Records through Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus well-endowed, and disrespect towards Kraid.
Wha...?
Just another day in the life of a regular ol' Smash Bros fan, my good friend.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I can't wait for the update, the wait will worth a lot!!!
Also i'll try to get my SD card...i hope that i find it :(

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
I need to report an issue. But your download for Smash 3 Falco only includes FitFalco09.pac but not a pcs file..

xCraZy

Smash Rookie
NNID
xCraZyR3alZ
3DS FC
4270-1858-7996
I downloaded Smash 3 and my game froze. I did read the FAQ and see that the game might freeze. Is there a fix or no? Thanks!

Juken

Smash Ace
Did you read the title? We are fixing it for the update.

Im surprised alot of people keep missing the title of the thread.
One of the things I remmeber people mentioning not working was Link. Oddly enough, I dumped my smash 3 link costumes into my 3.5 build and it worked perfectly fine, even with the ocarina.

I also updated the Smash 3 yoshi skins by doing what the purple man suggested and moving the model/texture onto a 3.5 pac, and putting the egg texture over everything titled "egg".

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I have disappeared for weeks and now, I have returned. What in the Mary Mother of Joseph is going on?
A skirmish between Ridley and Kraid, Smash 3 development updates (Trophies and such), and people not reading the title.

And of course winter break for most of us...

Edit: A plague is among us... the plague of DIO! It will consume ZA WARUDO!

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Are you going to edit the textures of the FLUDD?
And I thought P:M people completely forgot FLUDD existed. We'll see, if motivation holds up!

I need to report an issue. But your download for Smash 3 Falco only includes FitFalco09.pac but not a pcs file..
Thanks, we'll have that fixed for the next update.

Open the PAC in BrawlBox and change the compression type to LZ77, and save that as a PCS.
For future reference, you can actually just open either the .pcs or .pac and save as a .pair. It'll make both files for you!

These things just sort of happen, you know?
Smash 3 summarized.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I just found out how to make it work with Project M 3.5!!!

1- Download PM 3.5 Iso builder : mediafire .com/download/7p1q0s479pube8e/Project+M+3.5+Netplay+Build.zip
2- Extract it and place Brawl iso inside it
3- Copy the folder projectm from the Smash 3 package and replace the projectm folder from the ISO builder folder.
4- Run Build_ISO v3.5.bat as an administrator
5- Play the new file Project M Community.iso and voila

Notes: I'm using Dolphin emulator and only tried copying the characters from the fighter folder when it worked.
PM Netplay ISO Builder Guide: smashladder .com/help/windows

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice

1- Download PM 3.5 Iso builder : mediafire .com/download/7p1q0s479pube8e/Project+M+3.5+Netplay+Build.zip
2- Extract it and place Brawl iso inside it
3- Copy the folder projectm from the Smash 3 package and replace the projectm folder from the ISO builder folder.
4- Run Build_ISO v3.5.bat as an administrator
5- Play the new file Project M Community.iso and voila

Notes: I'm using Dolphin emulator and only tried copying the characters from the fighter folder when it worked.
PM Netplay ISO Builder Guide: smashladder .com/help/windows
Of course that's only for those who use an ISO/hacked Wii. This is just a workaround for some people.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
It is a nice way to fix crashes from any random mod I admit... but it seems to be too much of a hassle to import our textures when an update is pending.

Also,

Happy new years Japan, Australia and Part of China! We can taste the Sake from here already!

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
It is a nice way to fix crashes from any random mod I admit... but it seems to be too much of a hassle to import our textures when an update is pending.

Also,

Happy new years Japan, Australia and Part of China! We can taste the Sake from here already!
Plus, Smash 3 COULD be polishing up for the update.

Side note: Dio is infecting everyone. Can I get a Mewtwo Dio? I wanna fit in...

Top Bottom