• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taiko

Smash Ace
For those wondering what's different about Game & Watch, here's a comparison from his vBrawl look:

Detailed breakdown:
For the teams, we wanted them to be brighter to make them more identifiable. They've all undergone the same changes. Yellow was tweaked to be a more gold colour, rather than a very desaturated yellow. Light blue was actually darkened to be less obnoxious, yet still retain the light blue colour.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hot as ****. I always wanted his Melee team colors back, but these are even nicer (red and blue look similar to his Melee colors anyway). But you actually managed to Meleefy his Brawl green color instead of using Melee green, and the yellow and cyan look even better than before.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hot as ****. I always wanted his Melee team colors back, but these are even nicer (red and blue look similar to his Melee colors anyway). But you actually managed to Meleefy his Brawl green color instead of using Melee green, and the yellow and cyan look even better than before.
Glad you like them! The defaults always bugged me a bit, so I figured I'd do something about it now rather than later.

will most of the characters be getting new CSS icons like the ones prior to game and watch did?
They will when they're completed. We'll be adding new icons along with characters as they release.
And though it's the same pose as Brawl, the Game & Watch icons were remade since we had new recolours.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
You want more wallpapers? Cool. You guys got it. If you just want some progress, the progress chart is now in the second post! See anything new? It's here again along with a few more wallpapers!

Progress Chart​

Wallpapers​

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Wait, I don't understand this progress chart. Mario's done, right? Why is he missing, for instance?

Taiko

Smash Ace
I forgot this one to post along with the previous batch:
It's in the second post as well, so you can grab it there too.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
So, I have had no incident with editing the CSPs for any other character. However, every time time I attempt to edit the CSPs of Link, the game freezes and plays a high pitched squeal upon startup. I can't tell if it is project M or your texture.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
This is absolutely fantastic, your work is so good that I have nothing new to say... lol that zelda pose

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Will you be basing Samus's appearance off her Metroid: Other M model, or will you just be editing the textures of her existing model? Personally, I'd prefer the Other M look.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Will you be basing Samus's appearance off her Metroid: Other M model, or will you just be editing the textures of her existing model? Personally, I'd prefer the Other M look.
From Shun`s tumbler it seems it will be the brawl model

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I'm currently working on just the Brawl model at the moment. However, we do have other plans for Samus in the future.

Rage83

Smash Ace
I'm sorry if the question's been asked before, but do you guys have any Smash 3 plans for Project M's alternate costumes?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I like the new Smash 3 Mr. Game & Watch, but I use cBliss, and I'm not sure what to do to get them to work together.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Here's a small preview for something that should arrive soon:
And of course, we can't forget a wallpaper now:
So, I have had no incident with editing the CSPs for any other character. However, every time time I attempt to edit the CSPs of Link, the game freezes and plays a high pitched squeal upon startup. I can't tell if it is project M or your texture.
If it's freezing at the character select screen, you've gone over the filesize limit. Try importing that CSP in the CMPR format. If it's freezing at the beginning of the match, that means it's the BP. If both look fine, check the dimensions of the image, the game doesn't like it if it's not 128x160 for a CSP.
That image Xeno posted looks slightly different. Hmm.
I'm sorry if the question's been asked before, but do you guys have any Smash 3 plans for Project M's alternate costumes?
Hopefully this answers that question:
I like the new Smash 3 Mr. Game & Watch, but I use cBliss, and I'm not sure what to do to get them to work together.
You'll need to open up Game & Watch's .pac/pcs. Since I don't want to clutter up this post too much, instructions are in the spoiler below:

You should see this when you open Game & Watch's files up. Open up the two Animation Data [0]s near the top, and you'll find CLRs titled "FitGameWatchColorAnim" and "WpnGameWatchColorAnim." Open up all the branches for both, and you'll find these colour values:

Simply copy the values over from the Smash 3 one for all of these,
So, using the default Brawl colours, [ 1] would change from R:67, G:6, B:6 to Smash 3's R:95, G:0, B:0 for the body.
Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm currently working on just the Brawl model at the moment. However, we do have other plans for Samus in the future.

I wasn't expecting you to respond to that suggestion so quickly. I look forward to seeing what you guys do with the Metroid: Other M design!

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
Where can I get that new balling-ass Sonic CSP? I see the old ones in the download, but this new render is so fly. (Fan of your work btw)

Rage83

Smash Ace
Fairy Jiggly looks great. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next!

Taiko

Smash Ace
Where can I get that new balling-*** Sonic CSP? I see the old ones in the download, but this new render is so fly. (Fan of your work btw)
Thanks, it'll be released alongside the Sonic update which will come...sometime.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Small update again:
And
Hmm, that's a lot of character's Smash 3 looks revealed...what does it mean?

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Taiko pls stahp, the teasing hurts so good. Megaton multi-character release when?
When SB allows thread titles to be edited again
When we get everything done. There's no concrete release date, simply because we don't know when it'll all be done, but it will be soon!*

*Smash 3 time applies

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Lawd, this texture seems to have redeemed Fox's brawl model for me, if not just a bit. That fresh splash of paint and lacquer does wonders for that design. KEEP IT UP SMASH 3 TEAM.

PS: I might just get an secondary 2gb SD card (or SDHC, depending on when that code is up and ready for Project M.), and keep builds for Vibrant Brawl and Smash 3. :3

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
I really hope Smash 3 time isn't like Valve time, all the new textures look great, can't wait for Fox and the new Sonic.

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
You know, with that Alt costume PSA out an Ice Mario blue Smash 3 costume sure would be nice!

And hey Mario's being reworked right now, how convenient! [sup]WINK WINK HINT HINT[/sup]

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so that Fox looks so much better than vBrawl Fox but it's still the worst Fox model Nintendo has ever given birth to. Put that texture on the Melee model and that'll be the swaggest Fox texture that ever was.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Here's some more Samus progress for you guys.​

And a comparison of her current textures to her default Brawl textures.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Here's some more Samus progress for you guys.​

And a comparison of her current textures to her default Brawl textures.
Looks pretty sweet dude, almost like she has a matte/flat finish to her suit. Can't wait to see the final products!

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Glad you like it. I'm still trying out different combinations for her spec maps to see what kinds of shine and gloss would compliment the Smash 3 style the best. So far I've think I got it nailed down fairly well, but there's always room to experiment and improve.

Top Bottom