• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rage83

Smash Ace
I like Dedede's new face a lot better than his older one. It(Combined with the textures) seems to call back to older Kirby concepts, and feels more like the series in general, imo.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
**** I thought that WAS the smash 3 Dedede. :(

Does anyone think this project should be officially supported by Project M?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

I personally don't think they should official support anything that wasn't made by them.

Keep it Project M as close to Brawl as possible to avoid any lawsuits. If people want this, they'll look for it, right?

Taiko

Smash Ace
@Dedede face stuff:
We'd love to be able to, but the way Brawl's Dedede is animated makes it impossible sadly! (With our current skills, anyway, I don't know if we'd be able to figure it out in the future. If anyone has a way to do it or is interested in doing it for us, PM me.)

That'd be cool, but I don't see it happening for various reasons. I say just let the people who want it download it, since I have a feeling a sudden change in visual styles would cause more harm than good.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
The way I see it, Project M needs to differentiate itself from brawl as much as possible. Getting new textures and CSPs for all of the character that are as high quality as the stuff you guys put out would be a great way to achieve this and would further the notion that the smash community can put out some great stuff. Project M would be the embodiment of this on multiple fronts. (gameplay, aesthetics, etc.)

Just my 2 cents.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
The way I see it, Project M needs to differentiate itself from brawl as much as possible. Getting new textures and CSPs for all of the character that are as high quality as the stuff you guys put out would be a great way to achieve this and would further the notion that the smash community can put out some great stuff. Project M would be the embodiment of this on multiple fronts. (gameplay, aesthetics, etc.)

Just my 2 cents.
As it was said, if they try to change stuff too much, then Nintendo will notice that it's trying to be it's own game instead of a hack, this could cause it to get ceased and desisted. Is that really what we want? I mean let's face it, Nintendo knows of the existence this hack, it's been posted everywhere.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Glad you like it. I'm still trying out different combinations for her spec maps to see what kinds of shine and gloss would compliment the Smash 3 style the best. So far I've think I got it nailed down fairly well, but there's always room to experiment and improve.
I think the screenshot you showed looks a bit too flat. It's excellent work, though.

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
As it was said, if they try to change stuff too much, then Nintendo will notice that it's trying to be it's own game instead of a hack, this could cause it to get ceased and desisted.
I think it did that a while ago.

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
This project is looking really good! Sadly I don't like using incomplete mods so I probably won't use this until it's finished but as soon as it is I'll totally rock this.
Also, have you considered partnering with some other users and making Smash 3 versions of some of their custom costumes? Like TOCK KNOCKS's Project M unlocked stuff or KingJigglypuff's costumes and effects?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I think the screenshot you showed looks a bit too flat. It's excellent work, though.
Those screenshots were actually taken before I did a few more fixes to the spec maps, not to mention they were taken on Norfair, which doesn't exactly have the best lighting for showing details.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Took a while to do these, so as a "forgive me" present you guys get a double update:

And finally, a special wallpaper!

(I really like how this one came out!)
Shun was the main designer for her, he was aiming to mix in elements from Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess for this one (and of course, a bit of Smash 4 too!)

And the second one? Who is it?

Minor updates here, but he should fit in with the rest much better now!

Slowly, it's filling in!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Those Link and Mario models. I want them so bad! Oh and the Sonic model too. :sonic:

Last edited:

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Wait i've been looking, and i'm wondering... When you guys post updates does that mean the downloads are updated too?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Wait i've been looking, and i'm wondering... When you guys post updates does that mean the downloads are updated too?
Nah, it doesn't. When the topic title changes that's when there's something new to download. Sorry for the confusion. However, when we DO show something, that means it's pretty close to being done.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Yup, we'll be updating the thread title and opening post when we update. Keep an eye out there!

Anyway, another day, another character reveal:

Geez, this is going to be a big update!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Ohhhhh, Olimar. :ohwell: Anyways, I can't wait to see the next update.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I came...

To this thread so I can be happy once more. I can't wait for this update guys.
Do the updates contain recolors as well?

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
I looked at the new Link i saw a big difference (In my opinion). Awesome, and also do you guys plan on maybe Roy, or Mewtwo?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Okay, so the update is now released. We couldn't get Sonic 100% prepped for the release however, so we'll be joining in at a later date! There is some additional content to come later tonight as well.

Hope you all enjoy the new textures!

Taiko

Smash Ace
And now for that bonus content:

Those interested in the PSDs will also want to check under Marth's section in the OP, some good things might be there.

I looked at the new Link i saw a big difference (In my opinion). Awesome, and also do you guys plan on maybe Roy, or Mewtwo?

Top Bottom