• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Dat DLC DMC Marth. You have all my points for that. You also have all my hearts for that... and maybe even... well, at least for sure half of my soul.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Mucho sad face for the lack of a Sonic update... Although the update is good enough for me to wait a bit longer for the Blue Blur. Zelda and Link look much better.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Sup. I downloaded The Pack for vBrawl.
Why does scrolling through numerous fighter's colors lock up my game?
Also why does Sonic have his PM moves?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Sup. I downloaded The Pack for vBrawl.
Why does scrolling through numerous fighter's colors lock up my game?
Also why does Sonic have his PM moves?
Are you using a custom code-set? If you're using cBliss, your game will lock up while it's trying to find files that do not exist.

The Sonic issue has been fixed. We mistakenly left his Project M files over his Brawl ones.

To the rest of you, thanks for all the kind words. If it please the court, please redownload Link and Marth as we forgot to apply the Rim Fix to them. It is now applied (in both the pack and their individual downloads). In addition, we're currently working on solving an issue with Pikachu's Final Smash eyes, so don't worry about it looking buggy at the moment.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Umm... I'm using the codes that were included in the previous Pack download. I don't know what cBliss is.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Umm... I'm using the codes that were included in the previous Pack download. I don't know what cBliss is.
There's your problem right there. Remove those codes and your game will stop freezing. It's trying to find costumes that aren't there.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Oh ok. So I can't use any codes with this or just not those?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Oh ok. So I can't use any codes with this or just not those?
you can use codes, just not the cBliss codes that were included in the previous code-set. The cBliss codes added additional costumes to the games code but they cause freezes if the costume and menu files aren't setup properly.

EDIT: Pikachu problem solved. Please re-download Pikachu (or the pack, whichever you prefer) to enjoy all of the fixes. Thanks for being patient with our horribly slow release schedule. We hope we make the wait worth it.

EDIT2: Ness had the same Final Smash problem. This has also been fixed.

Last edited:

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
These textures are delicious!
One question: are they 1080p? I'd love to play these on dolphin.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
My first time seeing this, I must say that this is brilliant work indeed.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the support guys! Also, I forgot to mention this, but you guys won't need to wait that long for an update again. The pack update was an experiment, and it didn't really go as planned, so we'll be back to single releases for the future.

These textures are delicious!
One question: are they 1080p? I'd love to play these on dolphin.
All our screenshots were taken in Dolphin, so they'll look like that!

Oreodesu

Smash Rookie
So is the updated Smash 3 Sonic gonna be using a different model than the brawl one judging by the wallpaper?

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Yes, they said that they are using a new model for Sonic... When he actually comes out though. :(

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So is the updated Smash 3 Sonic gonna be using a different model than the brawl one judging by the wallpaper?
Yes, they said that they are using a new model for Sonic... When he actually comes out though. :(
Yep. New model. We ran into some problems trying to ensure our new model causes zero lag for your gameplay experience, but when we get it all sorted out and have him looking his best, we'll release him.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Yep. New model. We ran into some problems trying to ensure our new model causes zero lag for your gameplay experience, but when we get it all sorted out and have him looking his best, we'll release him.
Oh, I hope so. I was having mucho sad face for the lack of a Sonic update. Although I suppose that the new models for Link and Mario will tide me over. Also, good god; Zelda looks gorgeous.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Mario and Link don't have new models. :p

Marth and Sonic are the only ones... for now, at least.
You sure about that? Mario and Link look a lot more different than they were before and the creators did say that Mario, Link, Peach, and Sonic are the one with revamped models. Even says so in the update log on the OP.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
There are no model edits to any of those characters. Just textures.

Same goes for everyone else that's been release so far except Marth and Sonic.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
You sure about that? Mario and Link look a lot more different than they were before and the creators did say that Mario, Link, Peach, and Sonic are the one with revamped models. Even says so in the update log on the OP.
Marth and Sonic are the only ones with physical model changes, Mario, Peach, and Link had textures edited on there models.

Taiko

Smash Ace
To clear it up, Xeno is right. He is a team member after all! They've just received major texture changes is all.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I don't normally do this, but this blog post is worth posting here since a lot of you probably didn't see blue Marth

Smash 3

Marth and Link updates were recently released, so I thought I’d share some more palette origins.

Link’s Blue team palette takes cues from the Zora Tunic of Twilight Princess. No, it does not help Link swim.

Marth’s Blue team palette is a bit of a joke amongst Smash 3 team members. It’s based upon Vergil from Devil May Cry 3 and has gained the name “Marthivated”, It’s a reference to Vergil saying “I’m Motivated” which our team uses frequently.
Blog post

Bet you that Dante DLC makes a ton more sense now, don't it?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Suggestion:

I don't know why the default Project M textures don't have this, but it really helps make Roy look better and more accurate.
...Not that this minor edit makes a difference on the 3.02 model right now, anyway.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I'd actually be really interested in seeing more custom character models from the team. :)
Does the new Sonic model contain any new expression models?

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I'd actually be really interested in seeing more custom character models from the team. :)
For the most part in the future I will be responsible for new models, and i can say I've got a lot of ideas!

Don't wanna spoil which characters are getting new models, but the ones I've done so far are pretty cool.
Perhaps you will soon see them in action?

Prepare yourself

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hi guys, I'm Scout, I've joined the team a couple of weeks ago. My main job is to work with the rim lightning, I recently started to retexture Smash 3 style, quite got the hang of it. Here's my progress:

The skin color is not final, neither is yellow overall Wario .

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
The image isn't working. Or at least for me. It's saying "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available."

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
i havent been able to run this my wii keeps reading my SD as if its empty or maybe im just puttig the files in wrong?

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Those Wario textures are pretty sweet, they make him look so cartoony. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Taiko

Smash Ace
i havent been able to run this my wii keeps reading my SD as if its empty or maybe im just puttig the files in wrong?
That's odd, if you're running Project M, make sure the files go into the "projectm" folder. Everything should line up correctly.

Top Bottom