• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G O L E M

Smash Rookie
Hey, do you have any plans or have thought about getting a group of texture editors/modders to make the stages look a bit better/in style? Or at least up the saturation on them, the new textures are super pro but they clash with the stages in my opinion.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Hey, do you have any plans or have thought about getting a group of texture editors/modders to make the stages look a bit better/in style? Or at least up the saturation on them, the new textures are super pro but they clash with the stages in my opinion.
To my knowledge, we have no plans for stage retextures currently. However we won't count out the possibility in the future.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Thanks for checking in guys. The Ganondorf screenshot is actually from an earlier build where we were checking to make sure the basic texture work showed up in game. We decided to show an "unfinished" character to give you guys something to look at with our long updates.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Ah~ This is looking pretty fantastic. I love hyper-detailed stuff as much as the next person, but gotten quite tired of seeing SSBB's very dry and desaturated textures after these years. This would definitely make things like PM feel closer to Melee with its focus on colors versus actual texture detail.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Since KC-MM is down, and hasn't been up for days, could you add some direct links?
Whenever I try to update the OP, something goes wrong with SB, so for the time being you can download everything from the main pack download. Also, because it's Dropbox based, it'll let you grab only the files you need so you don't need to download the entire pack to get only Mario, for example.

I will try to update them to direct links soon, but for the time being, use that method.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Whenever I try to update the OP, something goes wrong with SB, so for the time being you can download everything from the main pack download. Also, because it's Dropbox based, it'll let you grab only the files you need so you don't need to download the entire pack to get only Mario, for example.

I will try to update them to direct links soon, but for the time being, use that method.
Not a problem, I already did this, but thanks anyway. :)

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
All of these textures look so good. I can't wait to showcase them on my stream today! :D Just a damn shame that I can't show off Mario as he desyncs online for Project M 2.6b. :mario2: My request? Could you make a Peach DLC with a Rosalina costume? :rosalina:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Just added all the public retextures you've done for Smash 3 to my compilation and they look SO FREAKING GOOD. Especially when running on Dolphin at 1080P my goodness. Keep up the hard work and I'm glad the community continues to work together like it does!

cmart

Smash Lord
Can't wait till you guys update this with 3.0 content (alts, Roy, Mewtwo). This is easily the best texture replacement pack I've seen from the community, and something I'll actively use.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
WHOA! This has cmart's approval, it must mean you guys are seriously talented if a PMBR member likes it, great job guys!

As for me I'll probably use this when everyone's done, sorry to end on that note lol

Taiko

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone! With this week being the final week of school, all these support comments have been motivating me to do more. We'll be updating the pack to support 3.0, so in the meantime, the pack download is not recommended.
As for our plans for the future with 3.0, you guys have probably been wondering what our gameplan is since our cBliss textures won't be compatible with the ACE.

We plan to have two packs as we always have, one for P:M use and one for vBrawl use. The P:M one won't use 10 slots for textures like it has until now, and will instead replace the textures that are provided with P:M (including alt costumes!). The vBrawl pack will have the vBrawl recolours and cBliss ones we've done until now, and future characters released will only get recolours if the LST cBliss project has them done.

Again, thanks for the continued support guys! It really means a lot to us!

Curious, how would this work with 3.0 with the alt costumes?
The textures will work, but the alt costumes will need to be updated by us manually.
My request? Could you make a Peach DLC with a Rosalina costume? :rosalina:
We'll see, though if we do do it it'll have to be after everyone is done.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I can't wait for this it looks so high quality this is kinda what P:M needs a fresh look with good stage textures i'm set.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Alright guys sorry for taking so long, but the pack has been updated for 3.0! As with all updates, if you guys see something that's off, let me know!

DrPyspy

Smash Rookie
I can't wait until this pack is finished, I prefer the style of this project over brawl's grungy realistic style

I especially love luigi's colors, very easy on the eyes

In fact, I would love to help with this project and I've made a few smash 3 style characters, but I can't seem to get the materials right

Taiko

Smash Ace
What would a release be without extra costumes? This alternate blue by Shun was too good not to include, so here you go guys!

And we're also rolling out our new look, so enjoy!

EDIT: Sorry guys, Ness wasn't actually included in the pack yet. The pack's been updated now, so go get him!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
A new look huh. I was very fond of the old one but this new one looks so much shinier and greater. I can't wait for more.

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait!!!

Once you finish all characters, could you do Stages? Some stages look like they lack a lot of vivid colors.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
A new look huh. I was very fond of the old one but this new one looks so much shinier and greater. I can't wait for more.
Glad you think it's an improvement. I think this one is much cleaner overall

Can't wait!!!

Once you finish all characters, could you do Stages? Some stages look like they lack a lot of vivid colors.
Well...that's to be determined. Currently we have no plans for stages.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Honestly I'm not too beholden to stages. I think the characters are what matter. There are 41 of them after all...

210stuna

Smash Lord
I've been using Shun's Vibrant work in my build, but with the ACE being used in 3.0 some of them have already been made, so I'm going to use those characters from this build to replace the vibrant work.

Like Mario, Luigi, and Peach.
I can't wait to see Fox/Falco in the Smash 3 Project ~ Thanks guys!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
If you guys don't mind me asking, how long does it take to make a single character texture for one character.

To elaborate I mean for a single color and character like Red Ganondorf or Blue Mario, etc.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Mario wouldn't take long, maybe 3-7 days for the texture? Recolours are simple because we've got it down, so once the base texture is done, recolours typically take less than a day (especially since we've set up our files for easy recolouring). Of course we do other stuff too, so it takes a bit longer.

Ganondorf, I think Shun's been working on him for a week or two? (total time, in real life time I think it's been longer). Recolours for Ganondorf took a bit longer because the dark colours of vBrawl Ganondorf didn't lend themself well to his Smash 3 design, so they've been adjusted which took place slowly over a few days.

For a small taste, here's what Smash 3 Red Ganondorf looks like:

Top Bottom