• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
They made it another foot for an extra death-kick going on the Z-axis... so you can't spot-dodge or air-dodge it.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I cannot wait to see what you guys do with this new Mewtwo. I imagine you might take inspiration from the re-texture Shun did for me a while back that was based on the original artwork (which I'll definitely have to transfer with the new model's characteristics). Either way, a Mewtwo with nicely added rim, moving eyes, and a beautifully done moveset will be nothing short of perfect with a Smash 3 texture.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
No preview today, but I have news:

#1. We were able to fix the Delfino glitch with rim lighting courtesy of some tips from Mewtwo2000. One of us will notify you when we apply the fix across the four currently released characters.

#2. We've got some characters just about ready for release

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Any news is good news!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
No preview today, but I have news:

#1. We were able to fix the Delfino glitch with rim lighting courtesy of some tips from Mewtwo2000. One of us will notify you when we apply the fix across the four currently released characters.

#2. We've got some characters just about ready for release
Nice! This is just as good as a preview IMO.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Alright everyone, small update (or major, if you like playing on Delfino).
We've fixed the rim lighting issue on Delfino Plaza! All the downloads have been updated with the fix, so now the characters don't freak out on Delfino or other stages with different lighting systems.

In addition, we're going to be releasing the first two "DLC" textures. These are designs that we didn't like as much as the ones currently in the pack, but still feel like it owuld be a waste not to release them.
Any DLC will now be found in the OP in a second spoiler under the character's download card. Don't worry, you don't need to pay for this DLC!

EDIT: If you've downloaded Peach since the update, you might have noticed her parasols were all the same colour. I've fixed this, and the downloads have all been updated!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
For a second, when I saw the Add to Cart, I got a little bit frightened there!
Could we consider it on-line DLC? Good thing it's free... XD

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Care to pass those tips on? I have a similar issue on a custom stage called Rice Beach.

Fortress

Smash Master
Your whole original post, that I replaced with this since it was so large.
Everything is excellent. I've been using that Mario for a long while now, and the same goes for the Weegee (if that was you guys) I'm enjoying the lighter, more vibrant feel of these characters a lot. They're absolutely gorgeous.

Quick question, though. Is it at all possible that we'll at some point see the Fist of the North Star-esque Link in your profile picture, Taiko..?

AAAAAAAAAA HYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYA- HIYAAAA!

Taiko

Smash Ace
Care to pass those tips on? I have a similar issue on a custom stage called Rice Beach.
It's nothing stage makers need to worry about if I'm understanding what Shun told me correctly. It's related to adding a new stage in the materials of rim-lit characters if I'm remembering right (note: I don't know what I'm talking about, bad things happened when I messed with materials!)

Everything is excellent. I've been using that Mario for a long while now, and the same goes for the Weegee (if that was you guys) I'm enjoying the lighter, more vibrant feel of these characters a lot. They're absolutely gorgeous.

Quick question, though. Is it at all possible that we'll at some point see the Fist of the North Star-esque Link in your profile picture, Taiko..?

AAAAAAAAAA HYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYA- HIYAAAA!
Thank you! We haven't released our Luigi yet, so that would not be our work. He's coming soon though!

What, Dio-face Link as a model edit? Now that I'd like to see.

Fortress

Smash Master
It's nothing stage makers need to worry about if I'm understanding what Shun told me correctly. It's related to adding a new stage in the materials of rim-lit characters if I'm remembering right (note: I don't know what I'm talking about, bad things happened when I messed with materials!)

Thank you! We haven't released our Luigi yet, so that would not be our work. He's coming soon though!

What, Dio-face Link as a model edit? Now that I'd like to see.
He could just be big and beefy and have torn sleeves and stuff. All of his attacks would just be gigantic punches.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Just because Shun is gone, doesn't mean progress is stopped! In fact, we're going to start working at 2x our pace, just because he's not here. Take that Shun!
(Note: We're not working at 2x pace. We're only human!)

Now, because Shun isn't looking, I'm going to sneakily release Toon Link!

But that's not all! Just because we can, here's some day-one DLC!

One of these was designed by Shun, but which one? We may never know.

The pack as been updated as well. If there are any issues, don't hesitate to let us know!

Also, special thanks to Moblin for helping me out with rendering the CSPs. They wouldn't exist without him!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Don't mind me. I'm not actually here. Toon Link is released everyone. Enjoy!

The fix we applied will work across all stages. It requires editing the shaders.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
All the DLC Jokes. The models are working nice and fine, Taiko and Shun!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You guys are what Smash 4 is supposed to be.
Just because Shun is gone, doesn't mean progress is stopped! In fact, we're going to start working at 2x our pace, just because he's not here. Take that Shun!
(Note: We're not working at 2x pace. We're only human!)

Now, because Shun isn't looking, I'm going to sneakily release Toon Link!
Don't mind me. I'm not actually here. Toon Link is released everyone. Enjoy!
lol Caught in the act.
Also, special thanks to Moblin for helping me out with rendering the CSPs. They wouldn't exist without him!
Thanks, Moblin!

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This looks incredible and I just noticed it! Will have to see how easy moving the files really is.

Even one preview video of these costumes in action from a fan would get people on board with such beautiful stylished looks. Brawl ultimately did fail for me with it's simple jagged attempt at realism.

Fortress

Smash Master
This looks incredible and I just noticed it! Will have to see how easy moving the files really is.
It's as easy as name the file FitCharacterXX.filetype (with XX being a numerical value, usually between one and six, but I'd look up a guide and just copy/paste what slots go where) and putting it into the character's folder in the Fighter folder.

...if that's what you meant.

Taiko

Smash Ace

Even one preview video of these costumes in action from a fan would get people on board with such beautiful stylished looks. Brawl ultimately did fail for me with it's simple jagged attempt at realism.
If you're worried about installation, install the main pack download. The folder layout should look similar to what's already on your SD card, so copy the "codes" and "private" folder and overwrite any files. Next, go into the Project M folder and copy the "codes" and "private" folder and overwrite any files again.

You should be good to go after that!

I'll see about a preview video, my PC doesn't play well with recording. I'll still try though!

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Hey I need help with installation, I can't get it to work. Anyways pack looks great, can't wait to see it in action.

EDIT: I figured it out, looks great in action by the way.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
A lot of people tend to just install the whole folder and not realize that there are two folders, one for vBrawl and P:M... :p

Taiko

Smash Ace
What is with Shadow Toon Link`s character portrait?
Do you mean with the mouth? I may update it later with a simple smirk, it seems vBrawl did that now that I look at it though. I may update it in the future, but for now I'd like to get some of the other characters out first.

Hey I need help with installation, I can't get it to work. Anyways pack looks great, can't wait to see it in action.

EDIT: I figured it out, looks great in action by the way.
Glad you're enjoying it!

A lot of people tend to just install the whole folder and not realize that there are two folders, one for vBrawl and P:M... :p
Maybe it's time I made some instruction screenshots. Hmm!

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Get hype, making my Smash 3 Debut! COMING SOON:

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Some beautiful work here, can't wait to see everything finished!

Have you guys given any thought to giving the stages any Smash 3 touch ups?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Have you guys given any thought to giving the stages any Smash 3 touch ups?
We have, yes. However, as you might expect, remaking pretty much every texture of a character is pretty time consuming work. If we started doing stages...we'd be doing this for the rest of our lives!

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
We have, yes. However, as you might expect, remaking pretty much every texture of a character is pretty time consuming work. If we started doing stages...we'd be doing this for the rest of our lives!
Maybe not remaking the backgrounds necessarily, but you could remake the platforms and maybe only on the "competitive stages" for a start. Would that be hard? (No sarcasm, just a question)

Taiko

Smash Ace
Maybe not remaking the backgrounds necessarily, but you could remake the platforms and maybe only on the "competitive stages" for a start. Would that be hard? (No sarcasm, just a question)
We'll have to see how we feel when we're done all the characters. I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but I wouldn't count on it either.

Ageha Mist

Smash Rookie
Ive been using you guys' pack and I have been really enjoying it, great work and I hope to see more soon!

Taiko

Smash Ace
Just to give you guys some content, here's a render of the next character we're going to release in the next few days:

Top Bottom