• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SkyWorld Legality Discussion -->

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingpork002

Smash Apprentice
oh no don't get me wrong i love the Dair spikes thru the clouds, but more often than not its me on the gimped end than the opponent, just not a good ganon level for me.
no level is a good gannon level, he gets ***** on every level

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I can't stand how much it slows down some characters attacks, because they are dealing damage to the platforms. Ness' downsmash takes about a year.

Krakatoa

Smash Cadet
Btw.. Would MuteCity have been banned in melee if tether characters had existed back then?
but there wasn't, it's completely different, there is a major disavantage to tether characters in this stage and it would be really good if they ban this stage

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I hate the stage, but I'm biased (tether recovery). The only thing I see about it being ban worthy is the "cave" and "loop" in the stage. Do we really want to see 27 minute long 1 stock matches of Pit vs. ROB because they can get back from anywhere and just tech the walls over and over?

Metal

Smash Cadet
Cinci, OH (And my social security # is...)
It doesn't matter if there wasn't.. i asked a question... if tether toons were in melee would mutecity have been banned?

yes?

or

no?
Is that a joke? :urg: Because I don't get it; you couldn't wall-grapple Mute City.

And why do you keep bringing up other stages? If you're going to make a point through another stage, just state the concept without specific names. You're supposed to counter points, not rant on a totally different matter...

Skyworld has the unique problem of being an automatic Stage Spike or a Cave of Life. The bad thing is the two go hand in hand; if the stage isn't one, then it probably is the other. Those floating side platforms? They can be walls.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
It doesn't matter if there wasn't.. i asked a question... if tether toons were in melee would mutecity have been banned?

yes?

or

no?
This is just stupid, what does mute city have to do with skyworld, asking ifs doesn't solve the haves. What if mute city was banned...would it prove anything? This isn't a discussion on whether a stage is fun or not, but a discussion on whether it's tournament worthy or not.

And tethers is hardly he reason for the stage to be banned. You have been brought informations, been shown videos, I believe even shown pictures (or was that in another thread) on how every character that isn't pit or Rob get gimped by the stage. This is by chance occurances bought about when the stage doesn't clue in to a thrid jump or when the stage rebuilds gimping someones recovery. We've discussed the cave of life and the loop of non ending matches, and the by chance saving platform at the bottom that can screw or save players (by chance).

Now please, tell me how can you see so many errors in a stage and still debate this issue. Do you not know when to give up? This whole debate is really getting stupid now.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
The purpose of bringing up MuteCity was tethers.. you nailed it on the head... the purpose of making that point was to show that it is an unrealistic argument to ban a stage to assist other characters in keeping the game "even".. counterpicks are COUNTERPICKS b/c they are chosen to COUNTER the other characters and give the current character advantage..

PKPower

Smash Cadet
Why does anyone care about Skyworld anyways? It's just a dreadful stage. If someone chose that on Wifi I would leave the match. Just play on the said "Neutral" stages that everyone likes like FD, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), and Battlefield? Stages that give unfair disadvantages and advantages to some characters like Skyworld are just bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom