• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Skyloft Library's Zelda Compendium

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Only about 6 characters can reliably DI out of up smash. The rest of them need to DI immediately once they're hit, which if they have those reaction skills, they should be able to DI down smash up, since it's easier than getting out of up smash. And DI'ing dsmash puts the opponent in the same approximate position as Fsmash.

I agree with the Wolf thing for the most part, but since I've been using him, I dunno if Zelda can dsmash through Wolf Flash. His up b, defs though.

Up smash is still relatively easy to land, and over 90% of the cast can't reliably DI out of it unless they're already holding up and they hold up for the entire duration of the move.

:phone:

Also, good Wolf's don't dsmash spam. lawl

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Finished the mini descriptions. Humour is lacking though.

Thinking about scrapping matchup/stage selection or at least saving it for much later. Seems like a very daunting task...

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
can you plz change nair to 5 stars and for the description put that it's better than sex. Plz change the ratings on her smash attacks.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Um, like I said before get a few more people to agree and I"ll gladly change it.

I agree with most of Fuujin's ratings though. Zelda just isn't that great :(

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Um, like I said before get a few more people to agree and I"ll gladly change it.

I agree with most of Fuujin's ratings though. Zelda just isn't that great :(
I'll stop. Plz take my name off the credits. I'd rather not be associated with this guide. Thanks.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Caps warning:

YES. THAT'S WHAT I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT ZELDA WAS TRYING TO BE DURING NAIR.

lawlbeyblade

She does this in Nayru's, get up attack, d-smash and her jump. O__o

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I can't believe this happened D:

my internet dies for about 2 or 3 weeks and theres already a guide in progress!! <3

give me a couple days to get updated and I'll happily try to help the cause :3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'll stop. Plz take my name off the credits. I'd rather not be associated with this guide. Thanks.
:( It's a community guide so it's probably more fair to put a score more people agree with.

Your input is good but when it's 2 vs. 1...

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Also, provided the images are correct, Courier could probably use MechaWave's instead of mine.
Well of course they're correct, otherwise I wouldn't have posted them. It's best that he uses yours.
Fuujin, have you been testing upsmash? I'm very interested in the results. :)
Lol whaddya know I am. Actually, at the moment I'm testing her moves then her follow-ups. Just when the weekend's over I'll get this done quicker.
Though since Fuujin is already doing it (I dunno what he's testing though) I'll skip Usmash for now.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Update: Aerials and specials completed. Added data on throws.

Feedback/help is appreciated!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Nair isn't auto cancelled. It just has really low landing lag, which lets it combo into stuff. <3

I'll start working on more images today hopefully.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Not to be nitpicky, but perhaps after MechaWave's done some testing on follow ups from Zelda's attacks, can we stick all the followups Zelda has from Nair on the OP (in collapse tags or something) rather than linking people to a super old thread? :awesome:

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Up Smash Viability List

These characters can easily escape Zelda's Up smash with DI.

Marth
Lucas
Ness

These characters can escape Zelda's UP smash most of the time with DI.
Pit
Diddy Kong
Samus
Lucario
Ice Climber
(single)

These characters are unlikely to escape Zelda's Up smash, even with DI.

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Falco
Fox
Ganondorf
Ike
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Kirby
Link
Lucario
Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
Pikachu
Pit
Pokémon Trainer
R.O.B.
Zero Suit Samus
Snake
Sonic
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf
Zelda
Yoshi
Sheik
Peach
Luigi
Mario

Din's Fail Camping List
List of characters that have moves that can cancel out Din's fire from any angle.
Meaning even if you aim the hitbox on just about any part of their body, this move will still cancel it out.
Some of these may have extremely small blind spots but are generally very safe against Din's.
Bolded moves are likely their best/easiest options that work very nicely for them.
These moves are generally very easy to time and won't leave the character in a bad position.

Bowser: N air, B air, Up air, Dash attack, *D smash
Captain Falcon:: U air, B air, N air, *Up smash
Diddy Kong: F air, B air,
Donkey Kong: N air B air, D air, D smash
Falco:, Reflector, *B air, D air
Fox: Reflector, *N air
Ganondorf: Up air *N air, Dash attack
Ice Climbers: None
Ike: Counter
Jigglypuff: Up air, B air, *N air, Pound, Up smash, D smash
King Dedede: B air, *N air
Kirby: B air, *N air D smash
Link: *N air, Up air
Lucario: N air(High percent), D smash
Lucas: PSI Magnet,F air, Up air, Up smash, PK Thunder 2
Luigi: N air, Green Missile
Mario: Cape, U air
Marth: Counter, Up smash
Meta Knight: Mach Tornado, Glide attack
Mr. Game & Watch Bucket (Didn't bother testing anything else :/)
Ness: PSI Magnet, N air, B air, D air, PK Thunder 2
Olimar: None
Peach: N air, U air, Toad
Pikachu: *N air, D air
Pit: Mirror Shield *B air
Pokémon Trainer
Squirtle: *N air, *B air, *F air, D smash
Ivy: F smash, *N air
Charizard: N air, *D air, *U air, F smash
R.O.B.: B air, N air, Arm Rotor
Samus: *N air
Zero Suit Samus: Up air, Back Air, Flip Jump
Snake:B air, Up air
Sonic: N air, B air, D air, D smash
Toon Link: Up air
Wario: D smash * N air
Wolf: Reflector
Yoshi: N air
Zelda: Nayru's Love
Sheik: *N air, *D smash, D air

*Will NOT cancel out if Din's is fresh, but will cancel out any fire balls that aren't completely fresh, or fully charged.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So basically avoid trying to kill Marth, Lucas and Ness with up-smash.

Great work, Fuujin!

About the Din's camping thing, imo spotdodge is still the most effective thing against Din's. Or short hop air dodge.

We probably shouldn't bother trying to outcamp anyone with Din's, but rather use it to harrass people we've knocked offstage. They have pretty much two options against it: air dodge, or get hit.

Air dodging offstage is generally bad unless they have multiple jumps.

The fact that Sheik's d-smash doesn't cancel out fully charged Din's is amusing. Any idea why?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow, that is insane Fuujin. Really nice work there... gonna add that to the OP.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
About the Din's camping thing, imo spotdodge is still the most effective thing against Din's. Or short hop air dodge.

Depends on the character. Peach, for example, has a terrible air-dodge, and it stops her float anyway, so Dins will normally beat her air dodge, but her NAIR completely destroys dins every time easily and it doesn't interrupt her float.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
We probably shouldn't bother trying to outcamp anyone with Din's, but rather use it to harrass people we've knocked offstage. They have pretty much two options against it: air dodge, or get hit.
Does anyone know if a player's vulnerable from when they snap the ledge to when they gain ledge invincibility? and if so how long? I've experimented aiming din's only at the ledge just before they snap to it not expecting it to hit but it kinda does. i think it's hard to time

@Fuujin: good stuffs. how did you test this? Tink and Lucario can escape easily as well iirc. i had a post similar to yours in the last research thread.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Excellent work, Fuujin! ♥

Courier, I know what you mean, but I'm only credited as "Matchup." =/

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Um making sure I understand... you want me to make it more detailed like by adding that you did hitboxes?

Rather not make any changes on my phone so I'll do it when I get home.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Zelda can cancel Din's with Dair I really don't know if it's staleness dependant or what but it just happens D:

I wanted to do a list of characters that can be "Usmash stringed" at 0

would you think it could be of some use? if so just let me know and when I'm done I can post what I get, or if anyone is already doing this will make things easier for the rest of us lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Finished moveset, although the descriptions for the grabs and throws are extremely lacking. If anybody has anything to add, please let me know!

Started framework for ATs. If I'm missing any, please let me know as well.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
For the Dthrow section, you can either link to the post itself or just use a collapse tag for my Dthrow follow-ups found here. That way it's not very lacking.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I like tech chasing with dthrow and upthrow on platforms.

Up throw's decent because it gets people above you, right where you want them. A large majority of the cast have horrible dair attacks, and considering we have attacks with dumb hitboxes, it's good on smaller stages.

Air dodge beats up air, but bait air dodge > up air/usmash is pretty scary. =P

imo, anyway. lol

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59

Up throw's decent because it gets people above you, right where you want them. A large majority of the cast have horrible dair attacks, and considering we have attacks with dumb hitboxes, it's good on smaller stages.

imo, anyway. lol
^^^^^^^^^^^^ ALL OF THIS!

I'd include LKs as well when you have floaty characters ADing the Uair.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

imo, anyway. lol
why would you even bother readin your opponent? Zelda will just fold to them anyways. Get that stuff outta here man. zelda should **** matter fact I shouldn't even have to press a button and I should be able to win with Zelda.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
@Fuujin: good stuffs. how did you test this? Tink and Lucario can escape easily as well iirc. i had a post similar to yours in the last research thread.
Use up smash, try SDIing out with each character.

The fact that Sheik's d-smash doesn't cancel out fully charged Din's is amusing. Any idea why?
I dunno, maybe it has to do with the damage her d smash does as opposed to Din's fire.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That's actually why I thought it was amusing. Her dsmash doesn't break the 8% rule (13% vs 16%), so it's a bit of an anomaly.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
doesn't that depend on Zelda basically stepping on Din's hitbox? i don't think she can cancel it w/ Dair any other way

nice stuff everyone, really nice
Now that I think it you may be right, the thing is that Dair's hitbox must be in the range of Din's hitbox...

there were other times when Fair and Bair cancelled it but it was probable a small Din's and anyway I wouldn't recommend it as it is stupidly hard to time lol

Top Bottom