• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

Kone

Smash Master
I gave yuije and josh alot of advice yesterday on msn. Whether you guys take it to heart is another thing. Remember committment, momentum and community are the key words folks. People got to actually like you and want to spend time in your 'scene' for it to grow.

I mentioned to them yesterday that im going to be starting a similar endeavour in the west midlands very soon. I may document my progress as a case study on scene making for guidance and lessons tobe learnt for future hosters.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
rofl its times like these where back in the day ryan would make a post and everything would be rainbows.

Noone has any respect for anyone on the boards, so getting annoyed by any comment is pointless rofl.
Those days are gone.

It's OOC time. And we gon' shine brighter and play better.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lolol im just pissing around. testing the peramters etc. lets be friends :D
loool Ok, friendly time :).

Just for all you dummies who read posts and completely convert them into somethingelse due to the people they come from and they get defensive, no-one said Tuna is crap or is ****.

We just said he doesn't really look that good as everyone, was carrying on, that he's not a threat to the top people as a referrals were made to him being one AND that he isn't getting Top 5 at GT2.

But if you wish to manipulate in your mind that people were calling him **** and stuff then you do that and tell me how it goes when you're finished :).

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Dont post then?
Since when were you entitled to tell people what to do?

The irony of the post is; if you don't like what Euan had to say, then don't respond.

Just so everyone knows, Mr P quit cos everyone from his imaginary smash group joined a different imaginary smash group, which infuriated him to the point of leaving the game forever. Now he lurks in the background watching what happens and passing elitest judgement. What ed said...
Actually, it goes a bit deeper than that, though, you're so shallow you don't actually acknowledge others, that's an assumption, so don't go ahead taking it to heart, that'd just be pathetic.

On the part hand of actually posting here/looking here at all was to see how Successful Shadow and Cookie have been, looks like not really that successful, nor actually recieving any sort of support, because the forums are full of ******* cocky ****s. The only one who actually said anything helpful in the past 2 pages was Aiko, which, is no surprise as it always has been full of cocky ****s besides the one ripe apple out of the rotten bunch.

Oh by the way Robby, learn to how to spell when you're trying to write someones life story when you don't actually know the full extent of what actually happened, it just makes you look like a ****, no offense.

Yaneeve, I wouldn't be put off by what these pricks have to say either, you were forewarned about it. Go to GT2 and prove yourself.

Good luck to the scots who are trying to revive this scene, it's not going to be easy.

Later.

VA

Smash Hero
lmao, /care @ foulplay (euan).

I was merely spreading the word, no need to cry.

+ my spelling is nigh impeccable, I slip up when I'm not paying any attention or it's late.

J03

Smash Master
the worst thread since time began?

looks that way from recent times, back in the old days this was a high 5 starrer.

You wanna rep scotland then dont /retire and expect your input to actually mean anything. Z, P, Ryan and Geek are looonnnggg gone and all thats left is shadows, cookie and 2 others.

You guys need to step up with you wanna be a threat, like me, i cant get better w/o better people to play, so its always incentive to train up yo buddies. Tunas the best thing to happen to scotland since EZ PZ, playing with him is amazing becasue every match he points out your flaws with humour so treasure him always lol.

@Euan: I respect you and always have, Ditching the scene coz you lost your crew is BS, but leaving the scene coz all your mates ****ed off i get. fact is youve got some peeps to play and Tuna to practise agaisnt. You shouldnt even be posting about 'not returning' coz that shouldnt even be on your mind. You should be having a laugh with some mates and remember the social good times of smash. After that you might even WANT to join the scene haha ^_^ if we met up itd be great to catch up and ****. Id love for you to read this and actually have a laugh with smash, i know your grumpy and stubborn haha but hopefully not too grumpy to ignore it completely =D.

VA

Smash Hero
jo3 lol, nice.

is grumpy and stubborn polite speak for insecure and as a result really arrogant to compensate?

I can't wait to play tuna, I've basically said nothing about him other than I don't perceive him to be a threat to me personally. But I generally don't perceive anyone to be a threat so this isn't words against Tuna, more words of my own self belief xD

Mr P

Smash Ace
Heh i make one post and wow, the scottish smash thread is revived Pretty amazing. I'll take all the credit.

Nice to see some of the usual names responding, good luck to you all.

Thanks Kieran

and goodnight.

EDIT: robbie, it's amazing how much you dislike me for how little you actually know about me. I dont think i could put in so much effort in being spiteful towards Hitler.

and joe i was just making my stance clear. Yeah thanks there have been lots of good times. Melee will always be a good game regardless

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
jo3 lol, nice.

is grumpy and stubborn polite speak for insecure and as a result really arrogant to compensate?

I can't wait to play tuna, I've basically said nothing about him other than I don't perceive him to be a threat to me personally. But I generally don't perceive anyone to be a threat so this isn't words against Tuna, more words of my own self belief xD

We'll have a good time, yeah :D
****, peach is such a strange, goofy character. Don't know how else to describe her x__x Good thing I'm bringing all this peach practice to the states though :laugh:

Looking forward to playing you and the rest of the UK's finest :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
at the end of the day, this is all because prof is a prick, and if we acknowledge this fact, everything else makes sense

looool Ahhh back complaining like a ***** as usual.

Remeber when I was ****** you at Duncans and you were getting stressed out and moaning....those were funny times for me :)

What happened to you changing, you seem the same or even worse :confused:

People honestly bash the London thread?...
People always bash anything about London as soon as they see the opportunity lol, some of them even complain about our attendance to events until they actually sit back and look that at London's contribution.....partly motivated with the jealousy they feel about our scene. :)

Sorry we are amazing guys :(

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Jo3 and Tuna are right smash is about have a good freaking time. SO LETS HAVE ONE! :D

lol jo3 it looks so weird seeing ur name in white XD

and tuna, u up for games tonight?

COEY

Smash Lord
EDIT: robbie, it's amazing how much you dislike me for how little you actually know about me. I dont think i could put in so much effort in being spiteful towards Hitler.
this is all going back to the pal tier list discussion isnt it :p

grayfox

Smash Champion
I'm not interested in getting involved in either this or the Scottish smash scene, I just wanna say theres no bad blood from my end and I hope everythings going good for you Euan.

VA

Smash Hero
this is all going back to the pal tier list discussion isnt it :p
hit the nail on the head, lol.

Euan I don't hate you more disagree with your reasons for quitting smash. At least what I perceive them to be. Also, you were super arrogant and rude to me on boards so I don't know what you're talking about accusing other people of this.

It just seems stupid to come back on boards and make negative comments about the community :/

VA

Smash Hero
haha I don't hold grudges usually, just euan was spectacularly lofty and arrogant when I had that argument with him, treated me as if I was some scummy noob.

Mr P

Smash Ace
I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here but i cant really blame any of you for that because i haven't been around to clarify my position. I stopped posting on smashboards about October 08 ? This was nothing much to do with anything other than the fact i had gotten rid of my internet connection and wanted to focus my attention on my studies. Fast forward to early 09 and you all know what happend... After that there was no reason for me to be involved here anymore but that didn't mean that i had quit smash. like i said before Melee always has and will be a great game. As to my reasons for "quitting" nowadays i dont have the time, interest, money, motivation to be involved in what happens in the larger community anymore, ive done it all in the past and im too old to be travelling cross country and sleeping on peoples floors hah i think if anything i had "quit" even before i stopped posting, probably after the Paris debacle. I still play ocassionaly in the local when i have time but it's nothing more than a bit of fun, i'm not going to be involved with the revival of the smash scene anymore than giving advice to josh and yujie and i hope they are successful.

Robbie yeah i remember we had a disagreement of opinion about a matter relating to the tier list. If i came across as arrogant then uhh.. sorry ? But i think at the time i had been playing peach as a main for about 5 years whilst you had been playing her for about 3 months so maybe you can understand my position Espescially since you are a top player now. I've always tried to be completely objective in my opinions about things but that does not make me infallable, we are also prone to our own specific agendas being human afterall. Such a subject as the tier list is something that is not entirely quantifiable so there is always room for arguement. I'll leave it at that.

I think i'm going to take Kones great advice and stop posting again to most peoples delight ? Ha. I hope i cleared things up properly this time and that's about it, If anyone actually has anything else to say to me ( i doubt it) You know how to contact me.

bye.

PS My scottish thread was much better.

VA

Smash Hero
I don't disagree with arguing over the tier list, I still do it, but you're discussion techniques were fairly rude lewd and crude back in the day.

You were always nice enough to me at tournaments ^_^

Good luck with whatever you're doing now, smash fo life.

COEY

Smash Lord
Fair enough euan I've been thinking of Quitting for a while but I might be moving to london so I might stick at playing competitively for now.

Robby - I was just thinking have we had a set that didn't end 2-1?

COEY

Smash Lord
Yes, when I beat you 2-0 with Samus.
when? i rmember 2-1 against my sheik with your smaus, and 2-1 with my jiggs. im pretty sure i won both those games on yoshi's, actually the one with jiggs you went fox back before you properly played him. so when was it 2-0?

VA

Smash Hero
you never went all sheik, you went sheik game one PS, lost. then you went DL Ganon and lost. I've don't even remember the jiggz set. I beat you 2-1 with fox and JV 4'd you on YS.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
@ agroves: no problem then. Its understandable that ur parents wud be worried since ur 14. Shiftingshadows and I are thinking of holding monthly smashfests here in Edinburgh so hopefully you can convince ur parents to let you come down to some of these! Otherwise, if you're ever in Edinburgh, hit me up on my msn :) I'm always up for a game.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Yea agroves that would be great if you could come to edinburgh every so often. Hopefully your parents will be cool with that. I wasnt allowed to go to fests until i was 18 though ;_;

COEY

Smash Lord
you never went all sheik, you went sheik game one PS, lost. then you went DL Ganon and lost. I've don't even remember the jiggz set. I beat you 2-1 with fox and JV 4'd you on YS.
i definitely won on ys with sheik lol, why would i counter pick samus with dl64? :p

and of course you dont rememberthe jiggs set, it was our closest set ;) i even technically 4 stocked your fox, 2 up throw rests if i remember right :)

i'll just have to beat you next time mate

Kone

Smash Master
Will - Come down my new place in birmingham wednesday march 31st. Cheap buses and you can obv kip the night. Joe, alan, ben going to be there aswell as king, yeniths, concaib, hao, brado, calzum and willz. decent smash crack, mini tourney and some beers? miss you doooood!

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
Hey All!

Shiftingshadows and I are running a Brawl Tournament this Saturday in conjunction with The University of Edinburgh's Anime and Arts Society at their annual MINICON event (it's a convention, but mini). There will be anime showings, games consoles, the mainly music quiz, the art competition, the cosplay competition and two films showing at the end of the night.

Date and Time: Saturday 13th March, starting between 1 to 1:30pm.

Location: room 48 lower at the Pleasance in the University of Edinburgh.

Fee: There is no entrance fee for the tournament, but it will cost £5 to get into MINICON.

Prizes will be handed out to the top three and will anime related paraphernalia.

There will also be a setup for melee! Shiftingshadows and I will be taking challenges. Free drinks for anyone who can beat us (melee only)!

I hope a lot of Edinbergers can make it!!!

Edit: prizes will be anime DVD box sets!

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
Hey All!

Shiftingshadows and I are running a Brawl Tournament this Saturday in conjunction with The University of Edinburgh's Anime and Arts Society at their annual MINICON event (it's a convention, but mini). There will be anime showings, games consoles, the mainly music quiz, the art competition, the cosplay competition and two films showing at the end of the night.

Date and Time: Saturday 13th March, starting between 1 to 1:30pm.

Location: room 48 lower at the Pleasance in the University of Edinburgh.

Fee: There is no entrance fee for the tournament, but it will cost £5 to get into MINICON.

Prizes will be handed out to the top three and will anime related paraphernalia.

There will also be a setup for melee! Shiftingshadows and I will be taking challenges. Free drinks for anyone who can beat us (melee only)!

I hope a lot of Edinbergers can make it!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo the only one close enough to me and i can't go. ;_; I'm at my friends on the saturday and THERES NO WAY ILL GET THERE. Oh well i will just wait till another one. Dont forget to tell me when the next one is. Oh buy the way how do i add friends on super smash bros. brawl and play them. Ive done it before but i had to delete my file. You know the friend code or something?

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo the only one close enough to me and i can't go. ;_; I'm at my friends on the saturday and THERES NO WAY ILL GET THERE. Oh well i will just wait till another one. Dont forget to tell me when the next one is. Oh buy the way how do i add friends on super smash bros. brawl and play them. Ive done it before but i had to delete my file. You know the friend code or something?
Thats a shame, hopefully we will see u at the next event.

Log on to wifi then select 'With Friends' and then click add friend. Just input their brawl friend code and when they are online u can host or join their game.

Top Bottom